Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans?

A new FINAL FANTASY video from GDC 2017 shows off FINAL FANTASY XV from a developer's standpoint. Of interest is how this highlights NVIDIA hardware. Square Enix has not announced a PC edition of this installment in the RPG series, but it seems odd to showcase it running on PC hardware with no release plans. Thanks DSOGaming.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 5, 2017, 01:22 saluk

I'm not holding my breath just yet. This was a tech demo at a developer conference, and since most development happens on pc anyway it's not a surprise in any way that they were demoing it from pc.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 4, 2017, 22:38 sauron

Kajetan wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 04:50:
Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:58:
FFXIII-2 is my 2nd fav FF game of all time. Lits of people liked FFXIII-3, but I didn't, it has the "Majora's Mark" mechanic where the world is ending in X days, so everything you do feels rushed, I hate that shit in RPGs, I never finished Majora's Mask or FFXIII-3.

FFXIII-2 though is spectacular. Really gets back to the roots of what makes a FF game amazing after the abysmal FFXIII. Also the single best soundtrack in any videogame EVER.

FFXV is good too btw, I've replayed it twice. Can't wait for the new story DLC content. It's far from a perfect game, and many parts seem undercooked, but it's still a very fulfilling ride.
Thnx for the info!

Yes, thanks for all the info and reviews. I'll get this day one if it arrives on PC. FFXIV was absolutely great, and this one sounds really fun. Not perfect, but super immersive.

Kittens!

16. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 4, 2017, 04:50 Kajetan

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:58:
FFXIII-2 is my 2nd fav FF game of all time. Lits of people liked FFXIII-3, but I didn't, it has the "Majora's Mark" mechanic where the world is ending in X days, so everything you do feels rushed, I hate that shit in RPGs, I never finished Majora's Mask or FFXIII-3.

FFXIII-2 though is spectacular. Really gets back to the roots of what makes a FF game amazing after the abysmal FFXIII. Also the single best soundtrack in any videogame EVER.

FFXV is good too btw, I've replayed it twice. Can't wait for the new story DLC content. It's far from a perfect game, and many parts seem undercooked, but it's still a very fulfilling ride.
Thnx for the info!

15. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 4, 2017, 02:14 Slick

MattyC wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 00:05:
Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 19:02:
Gladiolus and Ignis's VO actors play it a bit flat for my liking. Noctis' VO actor does a great job, and OOOH MY GOD, the Chancellor's VO actor just makes me cream.

Really? I agree on Gladio, but I actually rather liked Ignis VOs. Darin De Paul definitely stole the show as Ardyn. He is also Reinhardt in Overwatch IIRC.

Cool, I didn't know that about De Paul. I know he usually does very deep voices, so Ardyn was new for him. He absolutely killed it.

My main gripe with Ignis is that he's too stoic for their own good. There's never any emotion. The VO actor veered SLIGHTLY off into interesting-territory in parts of the second half of the game, I just thought that he'd be able to grow so much as a character.

I guess I'll have to wait for the DLC for all of that.

I just never felt any urgency from gladio or Ignis, they felt stiff even when circumstances could have seen them show a little emotion. Ignis shows a LITTLE something for 10 seconds after the swamp battle in the second half, if you bring him with you, but it didn't capture the potential drama of what was going on. And then he just goes back to being the same.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

14. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 4, 2017, 00:05 MattyC

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 19:02:
Gladiolus and Ignis's VO actors play it a bit flat for my liking. Noctis' VO actor does a great job, and OOOH MY GOD, the Chancellor's VO actor just makes me cream.

Really? I agree on Gladio, but I actually rather liked Ignis VOs. Darin De Paul definitely stole the show as Ardyn. He is also Reinhardt in Overwatch IIRC.

13. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 20:35 Creston

I quite enjoyed it. Didn't finish all the dungeons, as I got pretty tired of it around the 70 hour mark and finishing the main quest. Still have a ton of hunts to do as well.

But it's a fun game. Fun world, companions are cool, interactions are good, combat takes a while to master but once you do it's a very good system.

A PC version would be cool, though I doubt I'd double dip.

12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 19:02 Slick

Sempai wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 13:20:
Playing this game on the Pro has been a chore for me. Bad to worse voice acting(yes i get it's quirky Japanese)shitty, uneven framerates, janky as fuck combat, and a camera that is literally broken.

I've tried to like this game, but it keeps kicking me in the balls letting me know it wants nothing to do with me.

You know you can change the language right? This is one of the only RPGs I've known to put 4 full voice-acted languages on the Disc. English, French, German, Japanese.

My girl is playing it through in French, I'm doing a replay in Japanese. The english VO cast is pretty damn good for a videogame, it's not the best ever, doesn't compare to say, The Witcher, but it's WAY better than any previous FF game, that's for sure.

In english, Prompto's VO actor in particular is my fav, even though he's an annoying character, the actor just puts a lot of heart and soul into his lines that always makes me smile. Whereas Gladiolus and Ignis's VO actors play it a bit flat for my liking. Noctis' VO actor does a great job, and OOOH MY GOD, the Chancellor's VO actor just makes me cream.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

11. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 18:58 Slick

Kajetan wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:24:
sauron wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:05:
If they release this on PC I will be all over it. I have played FF1-7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (ugh!) and 14.
Have you played XIII-2 and XIII-3? If yes, have the devs learned anything from the abysmal developement hell of XIII? Are those sequels better?

10. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 17:30 PHJF

Thought it was assumed to be coming to PC since they ported the the latest ones. I found the game OK at best, a far cry better than XIII but filled to the brim with fed ex quests with the main ones ranging from awful to terrible.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 17:15 Agent-Zero

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 15:44:
Gotta say, tech wise this is one of the most stunning things I've seen so far in the game engine tech. UE4 looks like a joke compared to this.

UE4 seems a bit long in the tooth at this point... altho technically its only been out for about 4 years i think

could be UE5 on the way sooner than last iteration cycle

8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 16:57 Dentorro

Sempai wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 13:20:
Playing this game on the Pro has been a chore for me. Bad to worse voice acting(yes i get it's quirky Japanese)shitty, uneven framerates, janky as fuck combat, and a camera that is literally broken.

I've tried to like this game, but it keeps kicking me in the balls letting me know it wants nothing to do with me.

I got quite similar feelings about this game, played deadpool b4 this and at least that combat feels better/more natural then this strange mess.

7. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 15:44 eRe4s3r

Gotta say, tech wise this is one of the most stunning things I've seen so far in the game engine tech. UE4 looks like a joke compared to this.  

6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 14:48 Agent-Zero

i had a feeling they would release for pc once they fixed bugs and added stuff... there was some quote from a dev where they basically hinted at a HD version for PC, or at least theorized thats how it would happen  

5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 13:20 Sempai

4. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 12:27 MacLeod

If they release this on PC I will be all over it. I have played FF1-7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (ugh!) and 14. Oh, and currently working through Bravely Default and Bravely Second. Color me a fanboy.

How did you skip 8? I actually liked the story better than 8. The drawing spells thing is a bit tedious at first, but once you get past the beginning, it was great.

3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 12:18 sauron

Kajetan wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:24:
If they release this on PC I will be all over it. I have played FF1-7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (ugh!) and 14.
Have you played XIII-2 and XIII-3? If yes, have the devs learned anything from the abysmal developement hell of XIII? Are those sequels better?

No, and I didn't finish XIII. It's OK but the whole thing is on rails and feels like a game from the mid-90's to me. What makes it ieven worse for me is that I had played XI, XIV and XII beforehand, which are all open-world and/or MMO, so the difference was even more glaring. I don't really plan to try XII-2 or XIII-3 anytime soon, especially if they are going to port XV over to PC.

Kittens!

2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 11:24 Kajetan

1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 11:05 sauron

If they release this on PC I will be all over it. I have played FF1-7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (ugh!) and 14. Oh, and currently working through Bravely Default and Bravely Second. Color me a fanboy.  

Kittens!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo