Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records

UbiBlog has word that the recent beta tests for Ghost Recon Wildlands broke some Ubisoft records:

The recent beta phases for Ghost Recon Wildlands gave players a taste of what it’ll take to fight the Santa Blanca drug cartel in the Bolivian wilderness, and as it turned out, a lot of you were eager to squad up and hit the ground. More than 6.8 million of you, to be precise, breaking Ubisoft’s previous beta records – but that’s not the only impressive statistic coming out of the closed and open betas. More than two billion minutes were played, and more than 60 percent of all players played in co-op (Ghost Recon Wildland supports both solo and cooperative play for a team of up to four Ghosts).

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 12:58 maddog

I was really bummed by the open beta. I LOVED GR:Future Soldier and still play it today.

I dunno, I guess being 42 and not have the time I use to, these games that require grinding out just to unlock something that should be in the game from the start are not that appealing to me any longer.

I love the open world concept but I feel GR:FS was a better game.

I may pick this up when it goes on sale. Not a day 1 pick up for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 08:25 Darks

Osc8r wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 00:46:
I was actually pleasantly surprised... went in with low expectations but found it enjoyable in co-op.

Open world, lots of different way to complete missions, heaps of different weapons, vehicles, attachments etc.

Yes, it could have been a lot better as it felt a little shallow, sound affects lacked punch, vehicle mechanics could use work, plus the AI was iffy, and i really hated having those stupid allies cruising around GTA drive by style (hope there's a way to turn this off).

But overall, i found it much more enjoyable than the bore-fest that was the division.

Will be buying it for the co-op. Played 12 hours in the beta and only saw 2 regions.

As for Arma, Arma 2 was great in co-op, but Arma 3 was beyond terrible. I don't know what they were thinking there, but the 'game' felt like an actual chore.

ARMA 3 was shit, when the devs opted to not make the campaign coop. that killed the game for me and many others.

Yea, they added Coop back to it later. but the game just felt so bland, not nearly as much fun as Wildlands.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

11. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 08:16 SlimRam

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 04:57:
Tried it, only played a few hours, because it was that boring. It has nothing new and the setting is just bad. Its sterile, doesnt even make you want to explore the map.
Gameplay is meh, controls are console infested. No thanks. Next.
I watched a few videos of guys playing the beta and I was frankly shocked at how easy the game seems? Honestly it seems like they have reversed 'The Division' game mechanics and made YOU the bullet sponge and the enemy paper thin. This game seems so casual that it should almost play itself? Is there ANY challenge to this game at all? Is this what people want to play nowadays? It just really confused me more than anything. I'm sure that some people will enjoy it but, for me personally, I can't see myself going anywhere near this; It just seems like it would be wasted time *shrug*.

10. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 05:23 Quinn

Veinman wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 23:22:
Nah, if you want that, play Arma. I played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta. It was fun, buggy, and I have to say, way too hard. Enemies spawning all over the place....

Also, whomever wrote the dialog... don't let that person write anything else.

Completely agree with the dialogues. Horrible shit!

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

9. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 04:57 Muscular Beaver

Tried it, only played a few hours, because it was that boring. It has nothing new and the setting is just bad. Its sterile, doesnt even make you want to explore the map.
Gameplay is meh, controls are console infested. No thanks. Next.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 00:46 Osc8r

I was actually pleasantly surprised... went in with low expectations but found it enjoyable in co-op.

Open world, lots of different way to complete missions, heaps of different weapons, vehicles, attachments etc.

Yes, it could have been a lot better as it felt a little shallow, sound affects lacked punch, vehicle mechanics could use work, plus the AI was iffy, and i really hated having those stupid allies cruising around GTA drive by style (hope there's a way to turn this off).

But overall, i found it much more enjoyable than the bore-fest that was the division.

Will be buying it for the co-op. Played 12 hours in the beta and only saw 2 regions.

As for Arma, Arma 2 was great in co-op, but Arma 3 was beyond terrible. I don't know what they were thinking there, but the 'game' felt like an actual chore.

7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 2, 2017, 00:02 El Pit

Darks wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 23:47:
Arma, is a snooze fest. Wildlands was far more fun and better. Sorry, but your delusional.

If both games were movies, I would say that ARMA has been directed by Christopher Nolan and Wildlands by Michael Bay.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 23:48 Agent-Zero

the 3rd person perspective really really sucks for indoors combat and it makes the whole game feel sluggish overall when compared to straight FPS shooters, and thats really a problem for sneaky stealth ninja shit when you are flailing around because the camera is blocking your fucking sight to the target, or because its decided you arent looking at the guy right next to you when you want to do a takedown or whatever... so those super clumsy controls made it very frustrating and difficult to get into the killer flow

i was playing on the highest difficulty which seemed appropriate damage wise, but sometimes the enemies would get a bead on you way way too quick from not knowing where you are at all to you suddenly popping up and they are like bullseye on your shit, which was very AI feeling and pretty lame

i wouldnt mind paying about 10 or 15 once it gets that low.. but it was overall disappointing from what i was expecting it to be

5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 23:47 Darks

Veinman wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 23:22:
Nah, if you want that, play Arma. I played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta. It was fun, buggy, and I have to say, way too hard. Enemies spawning all over the place....

Arma, is a snooze fest. Wildlands was far more fun and better. Sorry, but your delusional.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 23:22 Veinman

3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 22:50 xLith

Got into closed beta and was extremely disappointed to see where the "Ghost Recon" franchise has ended up. At this point R6: Siege is more Ghost Recon than this crap. I was hoping for homage to the originals on an Arma scale.  

2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 22:50 Rilcon

Coop is fun. I mean, most games with coop are fun because you're playing with friends, anyway, but if shoot shoots are your thing and you like coop, it's good.

It's the most arcadey "Tom Clancy" game ever made, though. It's more "Far Cry: Military Guys" than anything else.

1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 21:13 Cutter

Enh it was ok. But like most Ubisoft games it's all grindy filler. Which I'd be fine with at $20 but that they want $80 - or 60 Freedom Dollars - that's just not going to happen. In fact, with the exceptions of Ass Creed 1, 2, Black Flag, and Blood Dragon, none of their games is ever worth more than a 20 spot to me.

“I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END.” - Miranda Hart

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo