Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video

This IGN First video shows off 17 minutes of gameplay footage from Mass Effect Andromeda, showing off Peebee's loyalty mission. This is a 4K clip that runs at 60fps, and word is it is edited to avoid spoilers, though those concerned with that are still probably avoiding such clips. The game is due for release on March 21st. Thanks Josh.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 2, 2017, 12:13 SlimRam

Quinn wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 09:18:
What in this video is so good that it overshadows the bad?
I'm not sure about "overshadowing the bad" but I can tell you the stuff that I liked?

I liked how mobile your character is now as compared to previous games.

I like the new scanner thingy that she uses and I think it's a neat new feature.

It seems like you can use ANY skill now with any character build now, that sounds awesome. Also you can use any gun with any class, apparently, which is a welcome change.

I like the new graphics. They seem to be really nice and not too demanding on hardware.

I like that it's totally in a new galaxy.

I guess that's about it. Not sure if that's better than the bad but just what I like about what i've seen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 2, 2017, 11:48 SlimRam

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 11:08:
starttimartti wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 21:43:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 20:38:
It looks like typical first level training and gameplay.

Yup. Unfortunately this is a "loyalty mission" that comes at around the half way point of the game, not at the very beginning. So if this video is anything to go by, the game will lead you by the nose the whole time and will never ever shut up about it.
From a post on reddit, for what it's worth:

"according to a tweet from the lead dev, this mission is kinda hand holdy because its introducing new mechanics for the game."

Ah...so you mean it's shit?

25. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 2, 2017, 11:08 RedEye9

starttimartti wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 21:43:

Yup. Unfortunately this is a "loyalty mission" that comes at around the half way point of the game, not at the very beginning. So if this video is anything to go by, the game will lead you by the nose the whole time and will never ever shut up about it.
From a post on reddit, for what it's worth:

"according to a tweet from the lead dev, this mission is kinda hand holdy because its introducing new mechanics for the game."

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

24. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 2, 2017, 09:18 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 07:42:
SlimRam wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 21:03:
Tom wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 19:23:
I wasn't planning on watching this video but after seeing all the bitterness in this thread, I had to see what the deal is. Is the game really total crap, or is it just people being whiny "get off my lawn" old folks? Looks like about 90% of the latter to me. The jury's still out for me on the game, but the complaints in this thread are ridiculous IMO. That's the best you guys could do?
"It looks like shit."
"It plays like shit."
"It sounds like shit."
"The dialog and acting are shit."

Yup, from what i've read, sounds like they covered all the bases.

This is what people come here *for*

But really, femshep voice does not sound like something I'd enjoy hearing 20+ hours...

It's more fun to whine about shit that's worth whining about. Especially when there's nothing really obvious in there that's worth praising.

What would you wanna read in this thread based on that gameplay vid? That's no rhetorical question. What in this video is so good that it overshadows the bad?
Alright alright, maybe I could've mentioned that the sky and backgrounds are great... (are they though? brb...)

Edit/Add: Yeah the sky is alright. See 3:25.
I'll take the background praise back. See minute 6:20.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

23. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 2, 2017, 07:42 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 21:03:
I wasn't planning on watching this video but after seeing all the bitterness in this thread, I had to see what the deal is. Is the game really total crap, or is it just people being whiny "get off my lawn" old folks? Looks like about 90% of the latter to me. The jury's still out for me on the game, but the complaints in this thread are ridiculous IMO. That's the best you guys could do?
"It looks like shit."
"It plays like shit."
"It sounds like shit."

This is what people come here *for*

But really, femshep voice does not sound like something I'd enjoy hearing 20+ hours...

22. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 1, 2017, 21:43 starttimartti

21. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 1, 2017, 21:27 Agent-Zero

troll harder

20. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 1, 2017, 21:03 SlimRam

"It looks like shit."
"It plays like shit."
"It sounds like shit."

19. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 1, 2017, 20:38 RedEye9

I took you up on that challenge and kind of have to agree. It looks like typical first level training and gameplay.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

18. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 1, 2017, 19:23 Tom

17. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 18:38 Task

This is Bioware 2017 we're talking about here, not Bioware 2003 or earlier. I wouldn't expect anything complex or deep from them.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2017, 18:53.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

16. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 17:38 NetHead

Quinn wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:14:
Wtf is with that lighthearted dialogue all the time? Is the protagonist a fucking circus clown forced into a space exploration unit? Catering for 12 year olds has never been so obvious....

I thought that "for 12 year olds" statement was just a bit of hyperbole but by 02:40 it's at best 12 year olds. that constant annoying dialogue (to an AI/cumputer? no less) is drilling in exactly what to do so hard it's mind numbing, really, having every little thing you need to do being spelled out is saying turn off your brain, you don't need to think or problem solve.

For a tutorial to do that is one thing, introducing mechanics, controls etc, though this is apparently just some quest, treating the player as if they're mentally challenged.

They're also using it as a piss poor way to explain what's going on. This bland arbitrary back and forth (again with a computer?) to explain to the player what's going on, is worse than amateurish. It's the kind of crap you slap on a demo/prototype because you're incapable of informing the player about the word via events and experiences.

The rest of the player character dialogue around there was at best pointless spewing of words, or worse not fitting the moment or just simply grating to listen to.

15. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 16:52 NewMaxx

*edit*

PeeBee is annoying

14. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 16:48 Agent-Zero

Rigs wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 16:04:
I think, while still cringy AF, what you're hearing is the commentary track. Her voice 'in game' sounds like it's coming from comms, but her 'clear' voice is the commentary.
=-Rigs-=

you are probably referring to the "player commentary" from IGN as they describe what they are doing

all the other stuff you are hearing is in-game, in-mission dialog between the characters in the video.. the lady on the comms is a completely different character than Shepard, and they seem to have some conflict according to the dialog - her name is "Kalinda" apparently, which Shepard says at roughly 3:30 in the video

the cuddly-wuddly shit with the robot drones is hilarious on its own.. but the writing itself is idiotic, and it doesnt matter that this is "just a tutorial mission".. sorry thats no excuse

but hey i get it - people can excuse anything when they want to ... its the easiest thing in the world to overlook things when it serves certain purposes.. thats a given

and if its worth it for the gameplay, go for it - but i generally dont have a problem enjoying something and being critical of it at the same time, so yeh, i wont be overlooking this RIDICULOUS dialog... like i said, it will probably veer into unintentional lulz territory sooner rather than later

13. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 16:38 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:14:
Wtf is with that lighthearted dialogue all the time? Is the protagonist a fucking circus clown forced into a space exploration unit? Catering for 12 year olds has never been so obvious.

I am DEFINITELY missing the ominous feel of Mass Effect here. If the old ME trilogy was LoTR, Andromeda will be The Hobbit, I'm afraid..

Remember Sera?
Remember Merrill?

I sadly still do ;( Cringe factor at 11 whenever Bioware tries too hard to be quirky.

12. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 16:21 Rhett

I don't know about the dialogue, but a dev responded that this mission introduces new mechanics that were up until then unknown, which is why it looks so silly.

Also the demoer is shit, and he replied on Reddit confirming such. (like using Incinerate on shields)

There will obviously be much more comparable gameplay by the 16th when the trial starts.

11. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 16:04 Rigs

I think, while still cringy AF, what you're hearing is the commentary track. Her voice 'in game' sounds like it's coming from comms, but her 'clear' voice is the commentary. The demo guy said he turned off music to hear the commentary at the start of the video. Doesn't change the fact that it all sounds horrible.

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 15:48 Tumbler

the dialog is so fucking cringe-tastic its unbelievable... honestly its a new low for Bioware on that.. just WOW

This. The voice for the main character, I'm assuming the "shepard" of this game, is god awful in this demo. She sounds like a teenager on her first mission as the boss. I knew something was odd but the 2 minute mark is where is slapped me across the face...

I wonder what the male version sounds like...

9. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 15:09 Cpmartins

It's getting a demo in Origin before release, so grab it and judge by that. Not getting my hopes up though, it's looking even more MMOish than inquisition.  

8. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Video Mar 1, 2017, 14:43 Agent-Zero

the dialog is so fucking cringe-tastic its unbelievable... honestly its a new low for Bioware on that.. just WOW

hopefully it will go far enough thru the other side to hit that "so bad its good" b-movie type shit... but otherwise - LOLOLOL

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >