Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda

BioWare tweets the news that they've completed development on the new installment in their space opera series. They say, "Mass Effect: Andromeda has gone gold," and offer an image to celebrate. Mass Effect: Andromeda is expected on March 21st, so it sounds like everything is on track for the release.
View : : :
76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
Feb 27, 2017, 17:51
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 17:51
Feb 27, 2017, 17:51

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 13:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 05:09:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 01:47:
Bundy wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 00:02:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 22:35:
prelim reports stress the "action" part of action-RPG on this one... only combat related skills and abilities.. no dialog or interaction type upgrades.. also has a "you are the messiah" based story, and yes, the "DA:I in space" format is confirmed as well (makes sense because you were the messiah in that one too)

I better be the damn Messiah. If I wanted to be a random nobody, I'd put the controller down and spend time with my family, go to work, watch TV.

What I understand is that you are actually the child of the Messiah in Andromeda, so that is a bit of a change of pace.

Yeah I don't get what the problem with that is anyway,

the problem is that its lazy writing.. its a boring trope thats been used hundreds of times before, and it railroads the story in certain ways that are entirely obvious if you are at all familiar with the trope, which should be everyone by now.. so its not nearly as interesting, doesnt have as many ways to surprise you, and locks out tons of possibilities...

the Witcher 3 was great in so many ways and one of them is that you are just a supporting character for the messiah (Ciri) but beyond that goes on to prove that a working-man hero monster slayer is actually much more interesting at the end of the day than THE CHOSEN ONE WHO SAVES THE WORLD FOREVER AND ALWAYS WITH THE ALMIGHTY POWER OF INFINITE POWER

the other implication is that if the basic plotline is so lazy and unoriginal, whats to say everything else isnt just as lazy and unoriginal?

Meh, I will be judging that when it's out and not before. And I don't think using tropes devalues a story (Aside from us not dying which would be game-over, and ME3 even subverted that trope, in case you forgot, that was the least popular ending ever)... everything has already been written when you consolidate it to the core logic, that argument is therefor completely irrelevant. Either a game world is immersive or it isn't, and there is no way you could make any judgment to that effect without playing the game through first. And aside from the cringy default template for fem-shep I have not seen anything yet of the story, and that is a good thing. I detest spoilers

Also that would make a pretty damn bad RPG story if you wouldn't be playing the main character of it. And you are not seriously saying that in W3, Geralt is not the main character, right? Ciri would be dead or slave to some dimensional invader without Geralt.

Feb 27, 2017, 17:16
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 17:16
Feb 27, 2017, 17:16

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 15:46:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 15:38:
Realmk wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 15:23:
Bioware clearly has quite a few cultural Marxists in their employ these days. http://tinyurl.com/gszx65e, http://tinyurl.com/gswwcvx. Far from a single one.

Your two links are not supporting your original argument, but hey, whatever floats your hateboat.
The simpletons elected a white supremacist and are now free to hate, you should be more understanding.

I'm just happy another crazy has found bluesnew.

Actually your line of thinking is why Clinton and the Democrats are losing so badly. The majority of Americans are tired of being called racists for simply not sharing your whackjob ideology. So what has the left done? Doubled down on using the race card and being openly racist themselves. http://tinyurl.com/ze4mw5o http://tinyurl.com/jd8kup4

Really I'm ok with this, the DNC/progressives out themselves for what anyone with common sense has known for decades, and they also ensure their powerbase in DC continues to shrink. Win/win

Feb 27, 2017, 16:42
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 16:42
Feb 27, 2017, 16:42

Bundy wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 14:35:
Realmk wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 14:26:
the progressive hive mind of stupid is pretty rampant on this site to begin with.

The truest thing ever said on blues.

You have to go to specific sites to get that overall pov you want, mainstream is liberal like everyone's been saying, right? What is the surprise? Simple math. A site that doesn't favor either affiliate to be more progressive, yeah sun rises in east.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2017, 16:57.

Feb 27, 2017, 15:50
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 15:50
Feb 27, 2017, 15:50

Bioware clearly has quite a few cultural Marxists in their employ these days. http://tinyurl.com/gszx65e, http://tinyurl.com/gswwcvx. Far from a single one.

Your two links are not supporting your original argument, but hey, whatever floats your hateboat.

Especially when the articles contradict each other. One has them defending being flirted with by gay characters and the other is about not having enough gay characters.

Feb 27, 2017, 15:46
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 15:46
Feb 27, 2017, 15:46

The simpletons elected a white supremacist and are now free to hate, you should be more understanding.

I'm just happy another crazy has found bluesnew.
A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Feb 27, 2017, 15:38
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 15:38
Feb 27, 2017, 15:38

Feb 27, 2017, 15:23
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 15:23
Feb 27, 2017, 15:23

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 14:51:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 09:36:
Hahahaha ridiculous. You guys are so deeply tangled up in Stockholm syndrome it's not even funny. Y'all are desperately trying to justify your MEA preorders by denying EA's unquestionable sins of the past. A few years ago these forums (among many others) were in flames due to EA's shitty business and DLC practices related to ME (and DA).
I'm going to say that I wasn't one of those people up in arms about your listed 'sins'...but hey, the only thing that I was mildly upset about was the original hackneyed ending of ME3 and the overused set-pieces of DA2. Other than that, I just don't purchase things I don't think I'd enjoy or agree with in direction.

Nowadays it's apparently all OK and forgotten (talk about "alternative facts"... that's you, buddy, not me). Y'all have so gotten used to taking it up the ass, you don't even realize anymore when EA lodges their fatty deep inside y'all.

Sorry, but I don't remember stating subjective criticisms as objective facts, but alas, apparently my memory is far inferior to your great mind.....

As I said, you have this massive chip on your shoulder and instead of brushing it off and accepting that there might just be people out there with different likes and dislikes as you, you just go ahead and state unequivocally that we're all wrong and you're right.

And this is exactly why gaming is going down the shitter. Because y'all keep supporting these companies with their shitty season passes, their piecemeal deliveries, their dumbing down and their abuse of once great franchises for milking cash from the gullible fools.
No, I'd actually state the opposite is true...giving money for the industry, even for shitty ideas, keeps it alive. Of course, most of us are capable of critical thinking enough to know what are bad investments and what are, at the very least, ok investments.

All just because y'all got no spine and can not resist hype for shit. No, no. It's Mass Effect(!!!111), it's BioWare(!!!111) so of course you MUST preorder and succumb to the peer pressure since if you wouldn't preorder you'd only feel like half a man with a tiny pee-pee.

Wow, again with the holier than thou attitude...I will purchase ME because I liked the series, yes, however I do it of my own free will and ability as an adult to make a decision. If you don't want to purchase it, I'm not going to call you any names...but I also don't call people names when they buy games that I don't care about, I mean, it's a thing called being an adult and allowing other people to enjoy their tastes in entertainment.

Laughable. Given the history of the franchise, any sane person would wait for reviews and EA's detailed DLC plan before splurging cash on this fucker. I'm going to laugh my ass off if the game -as expected- turns out buggy as fuck with an abysmal plot and characters, way too short and if EA releases massive bits of backstory, additional characters etc. in DLC format.

I'm going to go out on a limb that the history of the franchise is why people are excited over it. A game trilogy with hundreds of hours of gameplay where most people enjoyed the hell out of it until the last 15-20 minutes is far better than a lot of other games out there.

And you can feel free to laugh your ass off if it lives up to your expectations...if I get my return on investment then your laughing is only that of a bitter little imp that can't find enjoyment in anything other than deriding people for their tastes. So, cheers.

----

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 06:40:
Realmk wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 06:05:
I'll pass, I have no interest in supporting developers that employ racists like this piece of work. http://tinyurl.com/hueqyo3

All the talent left Bioware a long time ago. What's left is SJW'S and idiots like this writer.

So....you hate racists and black people?

Got it, Mr. One Post Man.

Psst he's from India. Not sure where you get any sort of hate out of pointing out Bioware employs openly racist people. But then again the progressive hive mind of stupid is pretty rampant on this site to begin with.

Sorry, I couldn't care less what personal opinions a professional has when it doesn't impact the product I consume from a company they work for...

I've eaten Jimmy Johns sandwiches but I don't support large game hunting. I eaten Chik-fil-A but I don't support radical Bible thumping nutjobs...a company is not a single person. I support the product and that has nothing to do with the personal feelings of a single person unless it is a one-man operation.

But hey, if you want to decry a company that is literally filled with hundreds of people over a single one, I sure hope you understand that I'm sure every company has either employed or currently employs a person with racist tendencies.

Feb 27, 2017, 14:51
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 14:51
Feb 27, 2017, 14:51

Hahahaha ridiculous. You guys are so deeply tangled up in Stockholm syndrome it's not even funny. Y'all are desperately trying to justify your MEA preorders by denying EA's unquestionable sins of the past. A few years ago these forums (among many others) were in flames due to EA's shitty business and DLC practices related to ME (and DA).
I'm going to say that I wasn't one of those people up in arms about your listed 'sins'...but hey, the only thing that I was mildly upset about was the original hackneyed ending of ME3 and the overused set-pieces of DA2. Other than that, I just don't purchase things I don't think I'd enjoy or agree with in direction.

Nowadays it's apparently all OK and forgotten (talk about "alternative facts"... that's you, buddy, not me). Y'all have so gotten used to taking it up the ass, you don't even realize anymore when EA lodges their fatty deep inside y'all.

Sorry, but I don't remember stating subjective criticisms as objective facts, but alas, apparently my memory is far inferior to your great mind.....

As I said, you have this massive chip on your shoulder and instead of brushing it off and accepting that there might just be people out there with different likes and dislikes as you, you just go ahead and state unequivocally that we're all wrong and you're right.

And this is exactly why gaming is going down the shitter. Because y'all keep supporting these companies with their shitty season passes, their piecemeal deliveries, their dumbing down and their abuse of once great franchises for milking cash from the gullible fools.
No, I'd actually state the opposite is true...giving money for the industry, even for shitty ideas, keeps it alive. Of course, most of us are capable of critical thinking enough to know what are bad investments and what are, at the very least, ok investments.

All just because y'all got no spine and can not resist hype for shit. No, no. It's Mass Effect(!!!111), it's BioWare(!!!111) so of course you MUST preorder and succumb to the peer pressure since if you wouldn't preorder you'd only feel like half a man with a tiny pee-pee.

Wow, again with the holier than thou attitude...I will purchase ME because I liked the series, yes, however I do it of my own free will and ability as an adult to make a decision. If you don't want to purchase it, I'm not going to call you any names...but I also don't call people names when they buy games that I don't care about, I mean, it's a thing called being an adult and allowing other people to enjoy their tastes in entertainment.

Laughable. Given the history of the franchise, any sane person would wait for reviews and EA's detailed DLC plan before splurging cash on this fucker. I'm going to laugh my ass off if the game -as expected- turns out buggy as fuck with an abysmal plot and characters, way too short and if EA releases massive bits of backstory, additional characters etc. in DLC format.

I'm going to go out on a limb that the history of the franchise is why people are excited over it. A game trilogy with hundreds of hours of gameplay where most people enjoyed the hell out of it until the last 15-20 minutes is far better than a lot of other games out there.

And you can feel free to laugh your ass off if it lives up to your expectations...if I get my return on investment then your laughing is only that of a bitter little imp that can't find enjoyment in anything other than deriding people for their tastes. So, cheers.

----

I'll pass, I have no interest in supporting developers that employ racists like this piece of work. http://tinyurl.com/hueqyo3

All the talent left Bioware a long time ago. What's left is SJW'S and idiots like this writer.

Psst he's from India. Not sure where you get any sort of hate out of pointing out Bioware employs openly racist people. But then again the progressive hive mind of stupid is pretty rampant on this site to begin with.

Sorry, I couldn't care less what personal opinions a professional has when it doesn't impact the product I consume from a company they work for...

I've eaten Jimmy Johns sandwiches but I don't support large game hunting. I eaten Chik-fil-A but I don't support radical Bible thumping nutjobs...a company is not a single person. I support the product and that has nothing to do with the personal feelings of a single person unless it is a one-man operation.

But hey, if you want to decry a company that is literally filled with hundreds of people over a single one, I sure hope you understand that I'm sure every company has either employed or currently employs a person with racist tendencies.

Feb 27, 2017, 14:35
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 14:35
Feb 27, 2017, 14:35

the progressive hive mind of stupid is pretty rampant on this site to begin with.

The truest thing ever said on blues.

Feb 27, 2017, 14:26
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 14:26
Feb 27, 2017, 14:26

Feb 27, 2017, 14:08
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 14:08
Feb 27, 2017, 14:08

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 13:25:
prelim reports stress the "action" part of action-RPG on this one... only combat related skills and abilities.. no dialog or interaction type upgrades.. also has a "you are the messiah" based story, and yes, the "DA:I in space" format is confirmed as well (makes sense because you were the messiah in that one too)

I better be the damn Messiah. If I wanted to be a random nobody, I'd put the controller down and spend time with my family, go to work, watch TV.

What I understand is that you are actually the child of the Messiah in Andromeda, so that is a bit of a change of pace.

the problem is that its lazy writing.. its a boring trope thats been used hundreds of times before, and it railroads the story in certain ways that are entirely obvious if you are at all familiar with the trope, which should be everyone by now.. so its not nearly as interesting, doesnt have as many ways to surprise you, and locks out tons of possibilities...

the Witcher 3 was great in so many ways and one of them is that you are just a supporting character for the messiah (Ciri) but beyond that goes on to prove that a working-man hero monster slayer is actually much more interesting at the end of the day than THE CHOSEN ONE WHO SAVES THE WORLD FOREVER AND ALWAYS WITH THE ALMIGHTY POWER OF INFINITE POWER

the other implication is that if the basic plotline is so lazy and unoriginal, whats to say everything else isnt just as lazy and unoriginal?

Naa. I wanna be the messiah. You can go ahead and be the sidekick if you like. I'll stick with being Luke Skywalker, Rand Al'Thor and Harry Potter.

Witcher 3 is a bad example to prove your point though. Geralt was hardly a supporting character. By the time I was done I basically single handedly killed the entire army for both sides of the war. Not to mention essentially wipe out all the major players in the Novegrad gang war. Wish I could count the corpses I put up.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2017, 14:21.

Feb 27, 2017, 13:25
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 13:25
Feb 27, 2017, 13:25

Feb 27, 2017, 11:57
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 11:57
Feb 27, 2017, 11:57

And this is exactly why gaming is going down the shitter.

But it isn't in the shitter, there are so many games. If there is something hardcore that you want that the big boyz aren't delivering there is an indy that has now done that and more to come. Gaming is in its best plentiful stage ever. Like life in general, best ever again. A microcosm of the world, there are people that are complaining and grossly exaggerating muddying up all the facts. It wasn't better when you started a year out with a 100 great looking games on paper, to find out 10 actually were released and only 5 of those you might really want and you will pay full retail on those. Those are the games that needed to last a long time because we were always in a "Waiting stage" for the next. It wasn't better at all then, we hated that then, we did rally around such games only because there were so few.

If this doesn't fancy you, fine, find another that does.

Feb 27, 2017, 10:16
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 10:16
Feb 27, 2017, 10:16

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 21:03:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 20:34:
snip
So what you're saying is that you'd pay for a game that you would want to play, but since you have such a massive chip on your shoulder you're just going to disparage others for buying a game they feel they'd enjoy and want to play...

Of course, you can continue to sit there and spout of subjective complaints while trying to state them as alternative facts while the bulk of people here will continue to ridicule you for the delusional whacko you portray.
You just summed up most of his posts, replies and mini-rants in a nutshell.

A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test.

Feb 27, 2017, 09:36
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 09:36
Feb 27, 2017, 09:36

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 21:03:
So what you're saying is that you'd pay for a game that you would want to play, but since you have such a massive chip on your shoulder you're just going to disparage others for buying a game they feel they'd enjoy and want to play...

Of course, you can continue to sit there and spout of subjective complaints while trying to state them as alternative facts while the bulk of people here will continue to ridicule you for the delusional whacko you portray.

Feb 27, 2017, 06:40
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 06:40
Feb 27, 2017, 06:40

Feb 27, 2017, 06:05
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 06:05
Feb 27, 2017, 06:05

Feb 27, 2017, 05:09
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 05:09
Feb 27, 2017, 05:09

Yeah I don't get what the problem with that is anyway, as Bundy said, if I wanted a normal dude I'd play real life. And chances are in real life, we will never ever see a pathfinder program of this scale and scope in our lifetimes. Maybe if we are lucky we see Moon for Heł, and Mars colonization.. MAYBE.

Either way, I am hyped for this, there can never be "too much" Mass Effect, and I liked DA:I.... makes me the minority here? Is it so weird to enjoy Mass Effect trilogy, Final Fantasy 13-2, Gothic as a whole, Dragons Dogma and Dragon Age as a whole?

My core genre is definitively RPG, but I don't care much for specifics, you give me a well made or even great experience in a fantasy or sci-fi realm and you nearly by definition have me sold. But then I also liked Mars Logs... however rough that was, it was unique

Feb 27, 2017, 02:43
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 02:43
Feb 27, 2017, 02:43

I sense a soul in search of hype.

Feb 27, 2017, 02:19
Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 02:19
Feb 27, 2017, 02:19

Slick wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 21:51:
To be fair, Bioware did seem to withhold a large portion of the plot resolution behind DLC in Dragon Age: Inquisition, their last game.

Whatever, I pre-ordered, I miss this series. Bioware is equal to bethesda in the RPG story-weaving department, possibly superior to them, where every quest isn't generic and derivative. And even if it is a dumb fetch quest, there's a high probability that it will turn into something much more interesting, hidden twists etc. Plus bioware has great writing.

To me they are very different in a good way. Bethesda the feeling of being out there alone in a huge & mods. Bioware story and combat. I'm sure this will be good, tons of games to fill any genre so to me this doesn't have to be any certain way, but whatever it will do, I'm sure it will be very good.

Doing Dragons Dogma DA now, my god getting over the remap controls/ui hump, was right up their with worst ever. Stick through that and a couple QOL mods to tack on, wow what fantastic combat and enemies we dreamed about. Combat very similar to DAI, but better enemies, love the targeting system and the banter of the party members overall and especially how they tell you in battle when they find the weaknesses of the enemies.
76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older