Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support

A new premium Australia DLC is now available for Sid Meier's Civilization VI, along with a new update for all players of the turn-based strategy game (thanks Kotaku). This page has the details on the Australia campaign and all that it adds to the game. This post has all the details on the accompanying patch, which adds mod tools and Steam workshop support to the game. Here's a bit on what's new following their original kooky formatting:

[NEW]

• TEAMS:
  • Multiplayer Teams have been added to Civilization VI and this feature builds on updates to the Alliance agreement. Players on teams gain additional benefits (beyond those of an alliance), as follows:
    • When one teammate finishes research on a tech or civic, their teammate(s) receive a boost for that tech or civic.
    • Teammates share war status against opponents not on their team.
    • Teammates share allied status with opponents not on their team.
    • Teammates work together to win or lose the game as a single entity. The Religion and Culture Victories have been reworked so they are more cooperative.
      • The Religion Victory requires you to convert all civs to ONE of the religions started by your team.
      • The Culture Victory requires ONE member of your team to be culturally dominant over all players NOT on your team.
    • MODDING TOOLS
      • Updated lobby and in-game UI to better show Additional Content details.
        • Added Sid Meierís Civilization VI Development Tools, which includes ModBuddy, Tools, FireTuner, and the Steam Workshop Uploader.
        • ModBuddy: A packaging and development tool.
        • Art/Asset Tools: Import FBX files into a format usable by the game, as well as customize existing art.
        • FireTuner: In-game debugging and editing tool.
    • Added Sid Meierís Civiliation VI Development Assets, which includes the game art assets. This is a large download (approximately 7GB compressed download and 27GB on disk) which contains game assets, including models, textures, and interface elements.
    • STEAM WORKSHOP
      • Access mods created by the Steam community via Steam Workshop
      • Share your mods with the Steam community with the Steam Workshop uploader.

ModBuddy will also receive additional updates in the future, as part of a modding SDK update later. These tools do not include DLL source for Civilization VI at this time.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 19:36 Slick

do these games still take 5 minutes per turn late-game when the AI really slows down?  

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 18:42 MeanJim

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 16:50:
Thankfully I got this free or I would have been pissed, but yeah, stick with Civ 5. This is the first time the series failed.

Have you all forgotten how shitty Civ V was at launch. It was shit until Gods & Kings came out and really took off with Brave New World. That's why I'm waiting for Civ VI to get its expansions and then I'll buy it when it's finished.

MeanJim on Steam

4. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 16:50 Cutter

Thankfully I got this free or I would have been pissed, but yeah, stick with Civ 5. This is the first time the series failed.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 16:13 Osc8r

6 months to add multiplayer teams?

Maybe in another 6 months when they improve the AI i may actually consider buying it...

They really dropped the ball on this one. You'd think they would have learnt after their last disaster.

2. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 14:05 Fion

Like with everything else in PC gaming Ozmodan, there's a mod for that.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ai.25439/

Besides this, every big patch has updated the AI a fair degree and there's supposedly a major AI overhaul in the works. Until then, the mod works pretty darn good.

1. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 13:36 Ozmodan

The AI in this game is pathetic. If the AI in Civ V would play the AI in Civ VI, V would destroy the Civ VI AI.

So disappointed I wasted money on this, I am back to playing Civ V.

The only DLC I will buy for this game is if they actually fix the AI so it is not braindead.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo