Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story

A Ghost Story Games website is online as home to the "studio formerly known as Irrational Games" (thanks IGN). Word is: "We’re a Boston-area game development studio dedicated to making immersive story driven games for gamers that like a challenge. The studio was founded by a group of former Irrational Games developers, such as creative director Ken Levine, art director Shawn Robertson, executive producer Don Roy and more. We’ve been concepting, prototyping and experimenting on a new game for some time now and have attracted new talent along the way. You can learn more about our team and our vision here." Here's more:

Ghost Story was founded by twelve former Irrational Games developers and our mission is simple: to create immersive, story-driven games for people who love games that ask something of them. While we believe our new games will have strong appeal to fans of BioShock, our new focus allows us to craft experiences where the gameplay is as challenging as the stories.
We are not yet ready to share any more on our new game, but we invite you to join us and take part in our community, Sign up here.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 18:59 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 13:10:
Any idea how UA is coming along as it's been delayed?

I would imagine it has taken a back seat to SS3, since that appears to have more attention. I haven't backed anything though... I'm done doing that. I'll wait for the final releases and hapily pay full price if they are worthy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 13:10 Cutter

wtf_man wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 09:30:
Then again, Otherside Entertainment (The other half of Looking Glass folks) are making System Shock 3 and Underworld Ascendant... and are DEFINITELY going back to their roots.

Any idea how UA is coming along as it's been delayed?

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

7. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 09:30 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 00:11:
I'd like to see them do something like Bioshock but as a proper CRPG, isometric or full 3D, I'm easy either way, but more story/RP/less shooter.

Doesn't need to be isometric nor "full 3d" (3rd person). The best RPGs that ever came out were the Ultima Underworld, System Shock, and Thief series from Looking Glass (Which is about half the folks of what Irrational Games became) ALL of those series are 1st person perspective. I do agree that Bioshock was less "RPGish" than Systemshock / Systemshock 2, which was disappointing when I first played it.

They just need to go back to their roots.

Then again, Otherside Entertainment (The other half of Looking Glass folks) are making System Shock 3 and Underworld Ascendant... and are DEFINITELY going back to their roots.

6. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 06:59 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 03:30:
Guessed I missed Levine leaving 2k, probably better off, best of luck!
He hasnt.

"Ghost Story" is nothing more than a rebranded "Irrational Games". This new company still belongs to Take2. See the site footer: "© 2002-2017 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc."

5. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 03:30 Acleacius

Guessed I missed Levine leaving 2k, probably better off, best of luck!  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2017, 03:29 LiTh

Boston huh? I hope their new games are all wicked-smart.  

3. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 02:17 El Pit

Best of luck to those guys! I hope they can pull something off in the spirit of Irrational Games.  
"There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."
Warren Buffett, right here: https://youtu.be/d37z90pz-qE

2. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 00:11 Cutter

I'd like to see them do something like Bioshock but as a proper CRPG, isometric or full 3D, I'm easy either way, but more story/RP/less shooter.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

1. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 23, 2017, 23:49 Creston

Hope they'll do well, I thought the way they all got shitcanned from Irrational while Ken Levine stayed on was a huge pile of bullshit.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo