Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta

The promised open beta testing of Ghost Recon Wildlands is now underway. This will run through Monday, offering the chance to get your virtual boots on the ground in the latest installment in the Tom Clancy shooter series. Here's word from last week's announcement of the plan:

Running through February 27, this Open Beta features all of the same content found in the Closed Beta and more, including an additional province to explore called Montuyoc. Set in the Bolivian Altiplano region, this province contains heavily defended strongholds where the Santa Blanca trains some of its toughest soldiers.

Learning how to use all of the tools in your arsenal is key for taking on the Santa Blanca. First and foremost, use your fellow Ghosts. Whether you’re playing in co-op with up to three other players or going solo with cooperative AI, the other Ghosts can provide valuable distractions and cover fire when things start to heat up. And don’t forget transportation – jeeps, helicopters, APCs, and a large assortment of other vehicles can all become part of your strategy when infiltrating a Santa Blanca base (or escaping from it). Your environment can also be used to your advantage in Ghost Recon Wildlands. Itacua is a lush region with plenty of vegetation to hide you from enemy view when scouting for enemies. Meanwhile, the cover of night or a strong storm may be what keeps you from being spotted around Montuyoc’s lakes and sparse terrain.

As a special bonus, if you participated in the closed beta or the open beta – and start up the retail version of Ghost Recon Wildlands before March 31 on the same Ubisoft account – you’ll also gain access to the special “Unidad Conspiracy” reward, which includes three exclusive missions that features a brewing conflict between the local Unidad military and the Santa Blanca.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 25, 2017, 16:53 NewMaxx

I posted another video of Wildlands and also put together a quick spreadsheet with weapon stats linked in the description. Good hunting!  
Borecraft Games on YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 17:49 Quboid

OK, I updated my graphics card drivers for the first time in I don't know how long, and rebooted my system for the first time in I don't know how long and performance is quite a bit better. Now running at 1440p with 100% scaling, settings on second highest; getting about 60FPS and it looks great too.  

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

38. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 16:35 Quboid

Darks wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 14:57:
I still dont get the rabid fascinating for a lot of gamers to always have 60FPS or higher at all times.

As long as the screen inst lagging or slowing down, I dont see the point of complaining about it.

That's just the level that I perceive as smooth. Below that, there is a just-perceptible lag that affects my immersion. Anything 30+ is playable, but I'll sacrifice looks before framerate.

I'm glad I'm not fussed about higher frame-rates, people concerned with 120hz or 144hz displays must have horrendous hardware bills.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

37. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 14:57 Darks

Quboid wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 11:49:
Darks wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 08:17:
Quboid wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 19:30:
The AI teammates do seem pretty simple but my initial impression is that they're decent as a base-of-fire. Sit them back, sneak in, when things go wrong they provide supporting fire. Sync shots are handy too.

Performance is poor, I have had to turn down so many options that it's uglier than similar recent games.

Maybe your pc is not up to the task? I have the setting at Ultra and holding around 44FPS on a 4K Monitor and the game looks pretty incredible.

Huh. I want to maintain 60 FPS almost all the time but still, it does sound like my system is under performing on this game compared to CJ and you. I'm running it at 1440p (90% scaling) on a 1070 and most options down to medium levels. Maybe my drivers need updated.

Well, there is that. NVidia hasn't released any optimized drivers for the game yet, and the final product will be better optimized.

I still dont get the rabid fascinating for a lot of gamers to always have 60FPS or higher at all times.

As long as the screen inst lagging or slowing down, I dont see the point of complaining about it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

36. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 11:49 Quboid

Darks wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 08:17:
The AI teammates do seem pretty simple but my initial impression is that they're decent as a base-of-fire. Sit them back, sneak in, when things go wrong they provide supporting fire. Sync shots are handy too.

Performance is poor, I have had to turn down so many options that it's uglier than similar recent games.

Maybe your pc is not up to the task? I have the setting at Ultra and holding around 44FPS on a 4K Monitor and the game looks pretty incredible.

Huh. I want to maintain 60 FPS almost all the time but still, it does sound like my system is under performing on this game compared to CJ and you. I'm running it at 1440p (90% scaling) on a 1070 and most options down to medium levels. Maybe my drivers need updated.

35. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 11:21 CJ_Parker

Played some more and the most frustrating thing with these kinds of Ubishit games is to think what could have been if they wouldn't have half-assed 80% of the game.

This shit could be really good with a better story, better characters & voiceovers, more decent (enemy and squad) AI, some old school GR/R6 breach&clear tactics for buildings with multiple entry points and flashbangs and stuff, better vehicle controls/physics, less bugs (like not being able to get stuck in places in the world dammit) and generally just a bit more depth to everything.

It's frustrating as fuck to see the shiny diamond under all those layers of heavily encrusted bullshit. Oh well... I'll grab this when it goes on sale one day. Here's to hoping that them Ubi maggots won't just have microtranscation DLC but also substantially add to the game in upcoming patches and DLC.

34. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 10:52 Dman20

Dacron wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 10:27:
Dman20 wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 09:51:
Vehicle driving, cars/trucks weren't too bad. Its still no racing game style driving but better than some I've experienced. The helicopter flying feels off, can't place my finger on that one but its funny.

Helicopters are just slow to start.

Hold forward (pitch down?) / ascend for about 10 seconds, then let go of forward. You'll keep your speed, and now forward/backward just control your elevation. You keep a good rate of speed and change altitude quickly.

The attack helicopters make short work of convoys, lots of fun.

Thanks for the tip on the heli. I just used the non-combat version so far looking forward to other versions.

33. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 10:27 Dacron

Dman20 wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 09:51:
Vehicle driving, cars/trucks weren't too bad. Its still no racing game style driving but better than some I've experienced. The helicopter flying feels off, can't place my finger on that one but its funny.

Helicopters are just slow to start.

Hold forward (pitch down?) / ascend for about 10 seconds, then let go of forward. You'll keep your speed, and now forward/backward just control your elevation. You keep a good rate of speed and change altitude quickly.

The attack helicopters make short work of convoys, lots of fun.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

32. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 10:18 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 01:49:
I didn't play this, but from the videos it looked like Just Cause: Ghost Recon.

There is a radio clip when driving that starts with a chime/bell like Just Cause (chime) that combined with the car, scenery, and driving responsiveness gave me just cause 2 flashbacks.

I also liked the closed beta. It's great cause you can make your AI teamates do nothing - they can't be spotted or ruin you, allowing you to scout a camp/base and take out sentries in order to not raise any alarm/stay undetected the whole time. Was enjoyable but I ran out of stuff to do.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

31. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 09:51 Dman20

Thing is, its a console game ported to the PC. I have yet to try it on the PC but the console version PS4 Pro at least plays very well. Game play was decent, yeah some old dated features but at least just single player with the AI it wasn't bad from what I played.

Curious about Co-Op next, want to try that out.

I've had my eye on this one for a while and it might get my business. Got to weigh the options with all the other games coming out in the next month its crazy.

30. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 08:57 bigspender

It's not bad, especially in co-op. But there is no way I'd pay more than $5 for this. It feels like an old game.  

29. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 08:33 CJ_Parker

wat?

All (and I mean ALL) maxed out on a GTX 1080@1440p = 50fps average in the benchmark with no dips worth mentioning (no stuttering at all). In the game I'm getting between 40 and 90fps. Iz smooth as a nice pair of senorita tetas.

The only technical issue I have had with the game is sporadic white light flickering (also had this in The Witcher 3 sometimes). Must be something with the lighting and HBAO+ or something.

Da game is almost kinda fun, too. In single player, of course. It's nowhere even close to a real Ghost Recon so shame on Ubi for shitting all over the franchise but the character customization, the insane amount of equipment options and the open world gameplay with the chopper, the vehicles, the collectibles and the motivating XP and upgrade system is bordering on decent. I might actually get this shit when it's €9.99 for the GOTY one day.

28. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 08:21 Darks

Quinn wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 03:02:

You're actually right. This game reminded me of Just Cause and it also confronted me with the fact that Just Cause is literally 20 times better, gameplay wise.

This game is garbage, folks. Take every important factor that must be good for a game to be good and make that factor shallow and just feel "meh" and what you get is Wildlands. And all of that just so that co-op is doable. Fucking shite. *hits bell*

All im going to say is that you are full of shit!!

I've played both, and there is no resemblance at all.

27. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 08:17 Darks

26. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 03:56 IgWannA

Anyone notice that bullet speeds are the same for all guns? A 5.56 round has the same velocity in the game as the pistols, but in reality it's almost three times as fast. It's just kinda weird firing an M4 rifle and the half second delay before hitting a target just 100 yards away.  

25. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 03:26 NewMaxx

I prefer to call it...Ghosta Rican!

On that note - performance is still poop. NVIDIA, get the game-ready driver out!

Borecraft Games on YouTube

24. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 03:02 Quinn

You're actually right. This game reminded me of Just Cause and it also confronted me with the fact that Just Cause is literally 20 times better, gameplay wise.

This game is garbage, folks. Take every important factor that must be good for a game to be good and make that factor shallow and just feel "meh" and what you get is Wildlands. And all of that just so that co-op is doable. Fucking shite. *hits bell*

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

23. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 02:17 Agent-Zero

wut?

22. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 01:49 jdreyer

Stay a while, and listen.

21. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 24, 2017, 01:41 jdreyer

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 14:21:
Hoping to get a couple friends together and play this over the weekend. Might be fun, can't judge from the comments here as they seem all over the place. That, and BN is packed with people who hate everything.

That's not true. Your comment is shite. I hate it.

Stay a while, and listen.

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo