Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios announce the release of Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy for the PC edition of Neverwinter, saying the console editions of the MMORPG will get the expansion later this year. Word is: "The latest expansion for the free-to-play MMORPG based on the Dungeons & Dragons franchise and set in the Forgotten Realms features a new campaign, adventure zone, re-vamped dungeon, skirmish and more." This launch trailer offers a look, and here are more details:
Following the events of Storm King’s Thunder, adventurers begin The Cloaked Ascendancy by returning to the city to mourn the loss of a hero and friend. When the ceremony is interrupted by Gyrion and his mages, adventurers set out to stop their evil plot. The River District, a new adventure zone, sets the stage for players to complete an all-new campaign, battle in a skirmish, conquer a re-vamped high-end Spellplague Caverns dungeon and more. Here’s an extensive list of the new features in The Cloaked Ascendancy:

• New Adventure Zone: Following its recent reclamation, The River District is quickly annexed by the Cloaked Ascendancy and serves as the setting for much of this new expansion.
  • New Campaign: Drive the Cloaked Ascendancy from the River District to return it to its former glory and restore Neverwinter.
  • Spellplague Caverns Dungeon: The culmination of The Cloaked Ascendancy, adventurers will experience the returning dungeon in an all-new epic version, as well as a levelling version.
  • New Skirmish: “The Illusionist’s Gambit” presents an all-new highly dynamic challenge to adventurers where each attempt at the skirmish can be completely different than the last.
  • New Artifact Weapons: Themed after the many locales players will explore in The Cloaked Ascendancy, these new weapons allow adventurers to harness the power of the Far Realm.

View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches
Feb 22, 2017, 23:14
Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches Feb 22, 2017, 23:14
Feb 22, 2017, 23:14

Although I have yet to play it, my friend whom I played NWN with has been playing the Shards Online beta (http://shardsonline.com) and said that it reminds him a lot of Neverwinter Nights mixed in with Ultima Online.

Players can host their own servers and can modify a lot of the game assets (modifying/create skills, stats etc.) as well as including a Dungeon Master mode and an editor to craft your server world. It's still in early access but supposedly it'll arrive on Steam so I think this game will be a bit more known when that happens.

Feb 22, 2017, 22:15
Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches Feb 22, 2017, 22:15
Feb 22, 2017, 22:15

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 20:44:
Fuck I hate seeing these goddamned announcements for this shitty F2P game. I get mahogany thinking 'Holy Christ! New NWNW on the way!!!'
Motherfuckers!

Furious2

A new NWN, if done properly, would be amazing. Instantly becoming my most anticipated game by leagues.

Though I have no hope of it happening. Even if somehow a new Neverwinter Nights game was going to be made can you imaging all the crap they'd do to it. It would need a decent budget and publishers would just go mad with DLC, microtransactions, checking marketing features etc etc.

Just look at Dragon Age, it was solid with raving reviews and great sales. Look what they've done to that.

Neverwinter Nights is staying in memory, probably for the better.

Re: Morning Mobilization
Feb 22, 2017, 09:45
Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 22, 2017, 09:45
Feb 22, 2017, 09:45

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 08:40:
Fusey wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 07:21:
I also would sell my first born for a new real NWN game.

I still find it mind-blowing that there was never a 4th Edition DnD CRPG. That version of the game justifiably got a lot of flack from the tabletop community, but a lot of the stuff that pissed off the tabletop crowd would have translated EXTREMELY well to CRPG play. Never happened though, and here we are, 2.5 years into the 5th Ed era -- another great candidate for a CRPG which simultaneously doesn't piss off the tabletop fans -- and still NO FUCKING CRPG VERSIONS!

I'd love a CRPG based on 5E - it's the first version of the game I've really enjoyed since 1E, all those years ago. Seems to strip out all the unnecessary mechanics and focus on the story, which for me is where it's at.

I guess my only minor gripe with tabletop 5E so far is that the adventures have been a little predictable, with the exception of Out of the Abyss. If WotC released a Planescape supplement, I'd be all over it.
Kittens!

Re: Morning Mobilization
Feb 22, 2017, 08:40
Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 22, 2017, 08:40
Feb 22, 2017, 08:40

Fusey wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 07:21:

I still find it mind-blowing that there was never a 4th Edition DnD CRPG. That version of the game justifiably got a lot of flack from the tabletop community, but a lot of the stuff that pissed off the tabletop crowd would have translated EXTREMELY well to CRPG play. Never happened though, and here we are, 2.5 years into the 5th Ed era -- another great candidate for a CRPG which simultaneously doesn't piss off the tabletop fans -- and still NO FUCKING CRPG VERSIONS!

Feb 22, 2017, 07:21
Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches Feb 22, 2017, 07:21
Feb 22, 2017, 07:21

Feb 21, 2017, 22:11
Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches Feb 21, 2017, 22:11
Feb 21, 2017, 22:11

It is a shame that this game is such a pay-to-win scam. It is not a bad game otherwise, but you just cannot play this game without spending a bundle in the item shop. Worst RNG game that I know of.

Feb 21, 2017, 20:44
Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches Feb 21, 2017, 20:44
Feb 21, 2017, 20:44

Fuck I hate seeing these goddamned announcements for this shitty F2P game. I get mahogany thinking 'Holy Christ! New NWNW on the way!!!'
Motherfuckers!

Furious2
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older