Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Halo Wars 2 Released

Halo Wars 2 is now available for Windows 10 and Xbox One, offering 343 Studios' RTS sequel with cross-play support between both platforms. There is a retail version of this in EU stores, and the game is available everywhere via digital distribution. Here's a refresher:

Real-time strategy makes an explosive return to the Halo universe in Halo Wars 2. Lead Spartans, Warthogs and other classic Halo fighting forces in a brutal war against a terrifying new enemy on the biggest Halo battlefield ever. All-new, Action-packed Story The heroes of Halo Wars return to find themselves and the galaxy in more danger than ever. Following the events of Halo 5, the all-new story is told in action-packed missions set on the legendary Halo destination known as the Ark. Players will strategically command overwhelming firepower in large-scale battles against a terrifying threat facing the UNSC and all of humanity.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 22, 2017, 17:54 J

Worth a Buy just put up his review of it. NSFW, but seems to pretty much hit it home.  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 22, 2017, 09:08 SpectralMeat

RaZ0r! wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 21:02:
His videos are just nice tools for me to form my own opinion. I never go by just his opinion. It's just too much of a console game for me as most ports are for me.
Agreed. I generally agree with TB's opinion on games, and many times in the past games that has been bashed to hell by others, he had the exact opposite opinion.

It sounds like Halo Wars 2 is more of a dumbed down console strategy game that automates just about everything for you so you can play with a controller comfortably.

When it drops to $20 ish I might grab it.

Steam: SpectralMeat

21. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 21:02 RaZ0r!

His videos are just nice tools for me to form my own opinion. I never go by just his opinion. It's just too much of a console game for me as most ports are for me.  

20. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 18:22 Rigs

RaZ0r! wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 16:03:
Watched TotalBiscuit's first impressions. I'm passing on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wafeoOv6C0A

Yeah, I watched that one and the one about the keybinding last night. While I generally have no problem with Mr. British Biscuit (Tally Ho, good chap!) I've noticed that he'll nearly crucify some games and then others that have problems of their own, some much worse, he doggedly puts up with and gives a favorable impression of. I don't know why exactly, maybe it's just because he's human with tastes but there was a point about late last year that I just didn't connect with him anymore and the HaloWars2 vid was the first one I'd watched of his for quite some time. I know he's has health issues but he just isn't as...varied...in his commentary as he once was, I'll put it that way.

Still, it seems HaloWars2 is just more of HaloWars1, which is just fine with me. I really do hope they kept the awesome soundtrack going for the second one. I listen to the first ones often. You wouldn't think an FPS series would have such an grand and compelling soundtrack as Halo does, but there it is. I'm genuinely surprised each time a HALO game comes out by the quality of it's music. Highlights are REACH and ODST, for me, anyway. Since they parted ways with Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori, it's been downhill, IMO. It took me a long time to warm up to Halo4 and 5's soundtrack.

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 16:03 RaZ0r!

Watched TotalBiscuit's first impressions. I'm passing on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wafeoOv6C0A

18. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 15:31 Slick

Last fun RTS I played was Total War: Warhammer. Not an RTS in the strictest sense, but I don't really know what genre you'd call it, other than solid fun for about 20 hours.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

17. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 15:29 Flo

Verno wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 15:19:
Yeah they really flubbed the Store in general. It's the most miserable experience I've had since trying iTunes on Windows a long time ago.
You can select the hard disk before installation and you can move files post-install. Since the major issues have been fixed, I'm good with it.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

16. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 15:19 Verno

Yeah they really flubbed the Store in general. It's the most miserable experience I've had since trying iTunes on Windows a long time ago.  

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

15. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 14:11 J

The only thing I like less than Windows 10 may be the Windows 10 store. No, thank you.  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

14. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 13:57 nin

Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 13:19:
sauron wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 11:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 11:11:
Good point guys, thanks for the feedback
I totally forgot about DoW3

Also, if you're into RPGs, don't forget that Torment comes out next Tuesday...

Choo Choo!

I'm not sure where my mind was, but for some reason I went all digital on the fundraising. And then came to my senses in Jan...amazon still had ps4 copies that are supposed to come with a soundtrack cd, a printed map, and I think a steelbook, so that will have to do...

13. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 13:29 HoSpanky

The original Halo Wars was fun, although mostly because it can be played through in co-op. The sequel offers that as well, but I'll wait for it to drop to around $30.  

12. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 13:19 Creston

Choo Choo!

11. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:33 eRe4s3r

Woah, completely forgot that.

10. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:30 SpectralMeat

Can't seem to find any info about DoW3 release date. Has it been announced?  

9. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:18 VaranDragon

Holy shit, thanks Dark Lord! Totally forgot about that one, will defenitely keep that one on the radar.

8. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:16 sauron

Kittens!

7. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:11 SpectralMeat

6. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:00 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 09:28:
Did anyone on here ended up getting this game?
PCgamer said it is a pretty simplistic RTS game but it isn't terrible. I don't think I will buy it at full price but might grab it on sale

Really want to like it but I think I will just wait for Dawn of War III. I've never been enthralled with the Halo setting/universe and so far the hands on impressions have been tame.

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

5. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 10:50 VaranDragon

There are a lot of better games out there. If you need an RTS fix, wait for Dawn of War III. Its basically round the corner.  

4. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 10:48 nin

Well, the fall backlog goes in front of the decade backlog, in hopes at least one of them will be done by next fall.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo