It looks really good. Very smooth combat, graphics look great, combat looks fun. Jetpacks seems awesome, it really kind of nullifies the whole "ten enemies sit behind cover and on insanity difficulty this makes the battle take ten minutes" problem of ME2 (and to a lesser extent, ME3.)
I know not everyone is a fan of the "pick whatever you want" (on the flipside, then just pick a single class and stick to it. Doesn't seem that hard to stick to), but I really enjoy the absurd amount of combos you can do with it.
- You can jetpack AND Vanguard Charge. That right there is just Win.
- Biotic Pull and then Biotic Throw. So awesome.
- Either they're playing on super-easy mode, or enemies don't take as much damage to kill, which is good. ME2 especially suffered quite a bit from bullet-sponge syndrome.
- Doesn't seem like there's a lot of enemy variety, though that may just be on that one planet. And that was always a problem with Mass Effect. I'd kind of hoped that after DA:I they'd have learned that lesson, but maybe not.
- Your companions' AI is still utterly, mind-numbingly braindead. "Hey, a mech! Let's go run in front of it!" Jesus, Bioware... In your video it doesn't matter since it's probably running in debug mode, but can you seriously not make an AI SIT IN FUCKING COVER when there's a mech on screen????
- It seems as if they brought back the weapons system from ME1? If so, ugh, because that system was just terrible.
- FemRyder's rictus grin is awful. She looks like the female Joker.
All in all, though, I'm excited. This combat video looked significantly better than the few snippets of combat they've shown so far.