Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending

Steam News announces a sale is now underway for Grand Theft Auto V that offers the open-world action game for half-off. They take the occasion to remind everyone that time is running out for those who wish to transfer their progress from the PlayStation 3 or Xbox One editions to the Windows version. Here's the deal:

Grand Theft Auto V is 50% off this week*! This is also the last the last chance to transfer your characters and progression over from PS3 and Xbox 360 to PC.

If you have not yet brought your characters and progression over from PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 to PC, time is running out as this will no longer be possible as of March 6th, 2017. Experience the definitive version of GTAV, which features across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail, a video editor designed for advanced movie-making inside the game, and the massively upgraded GTA Online, with access to all the latest vehicles and gameplay from our continuing series of free updates including the recent Import/Export.

*Promotion ends on Feb 21 @ 10am PST

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 17:39 Slick

I guess Take-Two doesn't have any big releases this quarter, so they need to pad their quarterly report for their stockholders.

This is the problem with publicly traded companies, and their short-sighted investors.

When the majority of the industry is beholden to gamblers, traders, day-traders, then it's no wonder why games often seem to refuse to push their launch date back even if the game is broken as fuck.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 16:23 theglaze

Next gen consoles this year, correct?

360 and PS3 are EOL

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 16:09 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 10:29:
time is running out as this will no longer be possible as of March 6th, 2017

Why, exactly? That's just bullshit.

I dunno, maybe because it's a pretty generous favor they've done for their customers, and after more than two years they figure anyone who hasn't made use of it yet probably never will?

They stopped supporting the last-gen versions in 2015, since then there has been no more GTA Online content and no more patches beyond a single small one for PS3 "to support changes in server architecture." They say it's because they reached the limit of what they could do on the old hardware, but it'd be perfectly reasonable IMO if they were just cutting costs. And that's what the end of the transfer offer is. I'm honestly surprised they've kept the last-gen multiplayer servers online this long...

8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 15:49 ForgedReality

mch wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 10:36:
"massively upgraded GTA Online" ...except on PS3/360, where we stopped updating the online portion long ago. Because fuck em, that's why.

Thanks but no thanks.

Those old consoles only have so many resources to work from, so it's not like they could support it forever. It's time to move on, chief. I bet you're one of those guys who threw a fit when VCRs weren't a thing anymore too. No more watching grandpa's camcorder home videos.

7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 15:28 El Pit

Because the one guy working on it moved his desk to another workgroup.

Well... No, wait, that was that OTHER company. Sorry.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

6. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 13:35 nin

Rhett wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 12:17:
Not sure why anyone would even be playing anymore on those old consoles, without the DLC. The DLC is what (barely) makes it worth playing... I imagine right now they're stuck with not many ways to make money either.

They've said future content isn't coming to them, which goes hand and hand with this announcement.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

5. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 12:27 Rigs

Rhett wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 12:17:
Not sure why anyone would even be playing anymore on those old consoles, without the DLC. The DLC is what (barely) makes it worth playing... I imagine right now they're stuck with not many ways to make money either.

I dunno what you're talking about, my daughter has the PS3 version and I have the 360 version and both work just fine without DLC (because I'm a cheap bastard). Does this mean they're shutting down the older console versions as well? Now that would suck. I mean, the single-player experience is just as fine as it ever was. Yeah, it's last gen, the graphics kinda suck but the gameplay hasn't changed much. Like I said, I never got the DLCs so I don't know if they changed anything, gameplay-wise, with them. I obviously also have the PC version, which I consider the 'Ultimate' version anyway. So I'm not missing much. It would just suck for my daughter. She loves the game and only has her PS3. :/

=-Rigs-=

'Now we gave you a promise! And we are bound by that promise. And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!' -John Sheridan, 'And All My Dreams Torn Asunder', B5

4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 12:17 Rhett

3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 10:41 NamecaF

Its Rockstar, that's why. Absolute cunts.

2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 10:36 mch

"massively upgraded GTA Online" ...except on PS3/360, where we stopped updating the online portion long ago. Because fuck em, that's why.

Thanks but no thanks.

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 10:29 Creston

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo