Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week

Ubisoft announces an open beta test for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands will start one week from today on February 23rd, and will run through February 27th. UbiBlog celebrates the news with a new trailer and a repost of the system specifications for the tactical shooter. Here's word on the testing and preloads:

Today, Ubisoft® announced that the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands Open Beta will be available to all players from February 23rd to 27th, 2017, on current-gen consoles and PC. Players eager to jump into the Ghost’s boots and tame the Wildlands will be able to pre-load the Open Beta starting this Monday, February 20th, 2017.

Each player entering this Open Beta will get access to an exclusive mission – the “Unidad Conspiracy” mission, in which players will spark a war between the Unidad, a local corrupt militia group, and the Santa Blanca cartel – by playing the full game before March 31st, using the same Ubisoft account.

The Open Beta will introduce players to two provinces among the 21 of the final game: Itacua, a flourishing and mountainous province where the grip of the cartel is looser, ideal to perfect your sniping skills and get introduced to the Wildlands. Montuyoc, set in the snowy Altiplano, and the second province available in this Open Beta, is much more challenging – players who have suppressed the Itacua bosses will gain XP and skills boosts allowing them to face this dangerous area, home to Santa Blanca elite training centers. Players can of course confront Montuyoc right away… at their own risk.

As in the full game, all the content in the Open Beta will be playable with up to three friends on the same platform via four player co-op, or in single player. Players are free to utilise a large variety of vehicles, tactical equipment and weapons to get the job done.

Set in the largest action-adventure open world ever created by Ubisoft, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands takes place in Bolivia, a few years from now, as the country has been turned by the vicious Santa Blanca drug cartel into a narco-state. Players are tasked with eliminating the cartel by any means necessary. The massive and responsive open world encourages a variety of playstyles, allowing players the freedom to choose how they execute any and all missions.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 15:46 Slick

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 07:13:
Nice, I'm excited! I did some preliminary videos during the closed beta and should be doing more (better) ones during the open beta. (namely, fixing my new mic)

Had a lot of fun with the game but it certainly has a lot of bugs and the performance was lackluster no matter how you slice it. A lot of people weren't too happy with some of the mechanics - vehicle control probably being the worst - but I actually kind of like the looser feel for an open world co-op game. I don't think it'll be as solid for a solo experience and PVP will be at some point further down the line. Still, I'll be getting this game over For Honor for my gaming crew.

Brilliant

There are two kinds of conservatives, the rich and the stupid, and most of them aren't rich. -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 10:42 MajorD

El Pit wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 02:15:
Offer a first person perspective (which automatically changes to third person when you ride a bike or use any other vehicle), and I will definitely be all over this. Right now, with third person perspective only, I will pass.

I'm with you on that one.

Still counting...

15. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 07:13 NewMaxx

Nice, I'm excited! I did some preliminary videos during the closed beta and should be doing more (better) ones during the open beta. (namely, fixing my new mic)

Had a lot of fun with the game but it certainly has a lot of bugs and the performance was lackluster no matter how you slice it. A lot of people weren't too happy with some of the mechanics - vehicle control probably being the worst - but I actually kind of like the looser feel for an open world co-op game. I don't think it'll be as solid for a solo experience and PVP will be at some point further down the line. Still, I'll be getting this game over For Honor for my gaming crew.

Borecraft Games on YouTube

14. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 06:58 CJ_Parker

Another franchise that's getting it with hot, spiky metal rods in all holes from all sides. As if Future Soldier wasn't enough of an abomination already, they are now desecrating the corpse with this abysmal shit...

/puke@ubishit

13. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 05:53 1badmf

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 03:49:
Slick wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 03:38:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 22:24:
Rhett wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 22:22:
Heh, Montuyoc was technically in the last beta but locked.. Explored most of it, you get the high powered sniper rifle there as well.

Curious to see if anything changed from the closed beta, but I doubt it...

i doubt these things are actually "beta" in the traditional sense.. seems more like marketing than anything else, as in "limited time demo"... but you cant say that because its too obviously lame

You have been away for a while, welcome to 2007

actually i think its 2017 now... good try tho, partial credit for that

whOOOOOOOOOsh

12. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 04:00 Slick

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 03:49:
Heh, Montuyoc was technically in the last beta but locked.. Explored most of it, you get the high powered sniper rifle there as well.

i doubt these things are actually "beta" in the traditional sense.. seems more like marketing than anything else, as in "limited time demo"... but you cant say that because its too obviously lame

Yeah, but "beta" being indistinguishable from "demo" has been going on for about the last 10 years. Negative infinity credit.

There are two kinds of conservatives, the rich and the stupid, and most of them aren't rich. -Cutter

11. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 03:49 Agent-Zero

10. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 03:40 Slick

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 03:07:
Slick wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 21:54:
Hoping there will be an nVidia driver this time, performance in the CB was brutal.

Whats your system specs and did you have vsync off? Stated before vsync killed performance and had to turn it off in the nvidia control panel AND in the game settings and then it ran smooth as butter.

Ahh I read about that, but I thought it was only about v-sync in-game, not in the control panel. With my g-sync panel, technically "v-sync" is turned on in the nV control panel when G-sync is also turned on.

Anyways, perf was pretty shoddy, but not as bad as some friends who were struggling for 30 fps with a 980. I have a 1080, 4790k, and was getting around 60-70 @ 1440p on all low. Which is pretty shite. My rig can run BF1 and The Division on med-high settings @ 1440p staying above 100 at (almost) all times.

9. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 03:38 Slick

8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 03:09 The Half Elf

I was in the Technical Beta, and the Closed Beta, and there were major improvements to the game with each version. Sadly most open beta's these days arent for testing it's for marketing, but I have to give Ubisoft credit on this for the noticeable changes in each version.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 03:07 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 21:54:
Hoping there will be an nVidia driver this time, performance in the CB was brutal.

Whats your system specs and did you have vsync off? Stated before vsync killed performance and had to turn it off in the nvidia control panel AND in the game settings and then it ran smooth as butter.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 02:15 El Pit

Offer a first person perspective (which automatically changes to third person when you ride a bike or use any other vehicle), and I will definitely be all over this. Right now, with third person perspective only, I will pass.  
"There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."
Warren Buffett, right here: https://youtu.be/d37z90pz-qE

5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 16, 2017, 22:39 Rhett

Sadly so, and there probably won't be a huge difference, but maybe (at least at release). This game has a ton of potential, but I don't think it'll meet it. Just like The Division, until the sequel, probably.

4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 16, 2017, 22:24 Agent-Zero

3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 16, 2017, 22:22 Rhett

2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 16, 2017, 21:54 Slick

1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 16, 2017, 21:33 The Half Elf

Glad to see some expanded areas in the beta!  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo