Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint?

A new 14GB patch is now available for Watch Dogs 2, updating the open-world hacking sequel with new content and paving the way for upcoming season pass content. As noted on Eurogamer, this also alters the game's ending, and they say this may offers a hint about a new setting for a future installment in the series. Warning that it may spoil things for those who haven't yet finished the game, they offer this video with a new ending cutscene along with this outline of the changes:

The change comes as part of a 10GB patch (14GB on PC) which updates the game's world with new areas, fresh dances and emotes, new clothing and other bits and pieces to prep Watch Dogs 2 for its incoming season pass content.

Everyone gets all the extra content regardless of whether they buy the season pass or not - and a friend can enable you to play through it all in co-op without buying it yourself.

Ubisoft's new ending scene takes the form of a recorded phone conversation and comes right after Watch Dogs 2's final hacker broadcast which summarises the game's ending - so take care watching it below if you have yet to beat the story.

Alternatively, here's the phone conversation in text form:

THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD:

Man 1: How much of this is hyperbole? Has it really gone global?
Man 2: There are new DedSec cells popping up everywhere. The Middle East, South America, Europe. And not just them. We can't even keep up with all the new hacktivist groups.
Man 1: Alright. Make the call.
Man 2: You Sure?
Man 1: Do it.

It's not the conversation itself but its title - a set of co-ordinates - which has fans excited: 51.462014, -0.112504

Tap them into Google Maps and you get... Brixton, London. Could this be the setting of Watch Dogs 3?

Watch Dogs 2's DLC seems to be set entirely in the base game's city of San Francisco, so it seems unlikely to be related to that.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 14:55 Agent-Zero

Rigs wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 03:50:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 02:53:
the melee takedown in WD2 is the shittiest of all time.. its like a 10 second animation you cant interrupt, its fucking horrible.. ridiculous and not practical... having a bunch of different takedown maneuvers is most definitely a big part of playing a stealth mode, and FC has that

granted FC stealth is not the most primary thing in the game, but ultimately it works out better in practice overall than WD2 ... the last one had drone fly-bys too (ok it was an eagle, but you were a beastmaster so its cool like that)

if you liked this game, cool for you... i thought it was half baked.. and ive heard the same thing plenty of times elsewhere so im not alone in that

Uh, you think Far Cry has better stealth than Watch_Dogs? Really? Watch_Dogs gives you way more tools to manipulate the AI with. You have so many ways to distract the AI, hide from the AI and neutralize the AI. In FC, you just throw a rock, wait for an enemy to walk towards it and then stab him in the back. Or just snipe him with a silenced sniper rifle.

its exactly the same in WD2.. trip a device, ring a phone, use your yo-yo to beat them down.. or just snipe them with a silenced sniper rifle.. yeh you can trip a device or make it explode to neutralize a guy - THATS IT.. so much for "so many ways"...

Why do you have to be so damn condescending all the time? You had a perfectly good post until that last sentence. Just chill, mate...

=-Rigs-=

its not condescending.. but far too many people are predisposed to be offended, and i cant stop anyone from wanting to be upset about anything.. you see what you want to see, thats just the way it is

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 03:50 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 02:53:
the melee takedown in WD2 is the shittiest of all time.. its like a 10 second animation you cant interrupt, its fucking horrible.. ridiculous and not practical... having a bunch of different takedown maneuvers is most definitely a big part of playing a stealth mode, and FC has that

granted FC stealth is not the most primary thing in the game, but ultimately it works out better in practice overall than WD2 ... the last one had drone fly-bys too (ok it was an eagle, but you were a beastmaster so its cool like that)

if you liked this game, cool for you... i thought it was half baked.. and ive heard the same thing plenty of times elsewhere so im not alone in that

Uh, you think Far Cry has better stealth than Watch_Dogs? Really? Watch_Dogs gives you way more tools to manipulate the AI with. You have so many ways to distract the AI, hide from the AI and neutralize the AI. In FC, you just throw a rock, wait for an enemy to walk towards it and then stab him in the back. Or just snipe him with a silenced sniper rifle.

its exactly the same in WD2.. trip a device, ring a phone, use your yo-yo to beat them down.. or just snipe them with a silenced sniper rifle.. yeh you can trip a device or make it explode to neutralize a guy - THATS IT.. so much for "so many ways"...

Why do you have to be so damn condescending all the time? You had a perfectly good post until that last sentence. Just chill, mate...

=-Rigs-=

'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you...I only hope that in your stumbling around, you do not wake the dragon.' They didn't listen, of course. Arrogant men never do.

11. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 16, 2017, 02:53 Agent-Zero

10. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 23:20 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 23:15:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 22:58:
its too easy, so its not good in that sense - its not nearly as fleshed out as something like MGSV or even Far Cry, when you consider the takedown skill trees and all that, the AI reactivity and so forth

its not quite an afterthought, but its just half-baked... sure it "works" but thats not nearly enough IMO

i guess it upsets me because its so close to being actually really good.. maybe WD3 will get a home run on that

MGSV is definitely a better stealth game than Watch_Dogs but Far Cry? Not even close.

I knew to wait for your response

But I think all that was needed was the reference to "takedowns"... Leaving dead bodies all over the place ain't stealth.

9. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 23:15 Jerykk

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 22:58:
its too easy, so its not good in that sense - its not nearly as fleshed out as something like MGSV or even Far Cry, when you consider the takedown skill trees and all that, the AI reactivity and so forth

its not quite an afterthought, but its just half-baked... sure it "works" but thats not nearly enough IMO

i guess it upsets me because its so close to being actually really good.. maybe WD3 will get a home run on that

MGSV is definitely a better stealth game than Watch_Dogs but Far Cry? Not even close.

8. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 22:58 Agent-Zero

7. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 20:48 Sepharo

Huh... I guess I disagree with you two. I think the stealth works really well. I don't think I've killed a single person in the game.

I first run reconnaissance with the drone. And then I do everything I can with the RC car, and finally I only enter the building if they require me to be in person for a certain objective, and that's pretty rare.

6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 13:44 Quboid

I liked the characters, unlike in the original Watch Dogs. It seems like they should have been annoying but somehow they managed to strike a balance between being silly and being in on the joke.

The stealth system wasn't great and killing hundreds of innocent and not-so-innocent-but-not-deserving-death people jars with the vigilante hacktivist jibe but it's still the best GTA game since San Andreas in my opinion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

5. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 13:23 Agent-Zero

WD2 seemed half baked... it was a stealth game with barely any stealth mechanics or interesting designs on that premise

lots of cookie cutter content, those side missions are all exactly the same, which is already mostly the same thing as the main missions just with less of it

the game was all "flair" and superficial nonsense.. the characters were simultaneously fan service and parody, but it came off as goofy and out of touch rather than endearing or interesting

i had fun with it for a little while but it got super boring really fast.. just not nearly enough different things to do or ways to do them

also the engine itself was horrible in terms of performance vs quality... GTA5 looks 10x better AND runs twice as good if not better.. so that was sad as hell

4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 11:51 Agent.X7

Could not get into WD2. Loved the first one. The second put the story in the background and was too much like GTA for me.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 10:19 nin

ViRGE wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 10:12:
Bloody hell, a 14GB patch? The game's only what, 26GB to begin with?

They're essentially having you download half of the game again.

Could also be future DLC, where they supply it to everyone and then the purchase/pass just unlocks it.

I keep meaning to go back and finish all the secondary missions (after finishing the story awhile back)...

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 10:18 Dman20

Wonder if they are overwriting content already in or actually adding to what they already have. I'm all for free content if its 5GB or 20GB I'd still download it.  

1. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 10:12 ViRGE

Bloody hell, a 14GB patch? The game's only what, 26GB to begin with?

They're essentially having you download half of the game again.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo