Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

For Honor Launched

UbiBlog confirms that For Honor is now available for all platforms, allowing players to get in touch with their inner samurai, knights, and Vikings. Here's the previously released launch trailer and here's word:

The war horns have sounded and warriors around the world are answering their call: For Honor is out today! The Samurai, the Knights, and the Vikings have finally begun their war in earnest, and there are 12 Heroes with unique movesets to help you carve out your place on the battlefield. Whether youíre wading into the fray as the Shugoki, swinging your heavy kanabo, or darting in with painful dagger strikes as the Peacekeeper, itís up to you to declare your allegiance and join the Faction War.

Every multiplayer match you play versus humans or AI, from 4v4 Dominion clashes to 1v1 Duel showdowns, will contribute war assets to the Faction War, the persistent metagame that chronicles the overall conflict between Knights, Vikings, and Samurai. In-game rewards and intangible glory await those who fight well during each 10-week season of Faction War, and the more you play, the more you will be able to level up your Heroes, unlocking new feats, earning new gear, and discovering new customization options.

For Honorís innovative melee combat system also fuels the story campaign, in which players will experience the war from each of the three factionsí perspectives and confront the sinister machinations of the bellicose Apollyon. The campaign can be played solo or in online co-op. For Honor is available now for PC, Xbox One, and PS4, and season pass holders can look forward to new Heroes, maps, modes, and gear in the coming months.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 14:42 Kxmode

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 13:10:
Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 22:03:
So $80/$90/$120 for an arena game where all you do is stand around hacking and slashing? Oh yeah, and $40 season pass and microtransactions out the ass to boot. Are you fucking kidding me?

You left out that it's Peer-to-Peer because Ubi$oft is too cheap to use dedicated servers. If you want to scratch the same itch that For Honor scratches without supporting Ubi$oft's despicable business practices Chivalry can be gotten for a few bucks on sale,

Just ignore the horrible hand placement on weapons.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 13:10 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 22:03:
So $80/$90/$120 for an arena game where all you do is stand around hacking and slashing? Oh yeah, and $40 season pass and microtransactions out the ass to boot. Are you fucking kidding me?

You left out that it's Peer-to-Peer because Ubi$oft is too cheap to use dedicated servers. If you want to scratch the same itch that For Honor scratches without supporting Ubi$oft's despicable business practices Chivalry can be gotten for a few bucks on sale, and Tiger Knight: Empire War is Free-to-Play with a surprisingly decent and fair pricing model.

10. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 09:25 Zanthar

Gave it a try for 2 hours, didn't like it, so I got a refund and moved on with my life.  

9. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 09:17 loomy

yall are too harsh. this is a mega niche game with AAA production quality. it will not sell well on a good day, so it could never exist without high prices  

8. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 09:08 Mordhaus

You would think that after all of the problems with P2P modding in games on PC that they might have chosen a different method. Guess money was more important in the short run.  

7. Re: On Sale Feb 15, 2017, 03:49 Kxmode

I bet UbiSoft calls this by another name in house: FOR MONEY or FOR MILKING. Either, or.  

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

6. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 01:48 Cpmartins

Best thing about this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p83F7NU6mI
I will admit I laughed far more than I should have.

5. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 01:15 Ozmodan

Seems like Ubisoft is getting really cheap these days. Connection issues abound, you would think they would know by now how to code for P2P connection problems. And that does not even take into account the microtransactions.  

4. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 01:02 Agent-Zero

seems like this one will drop off the map quicker than titanfall  

3. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 14, 2017, 23:15 Hippie

Not a terrible game, but the price and peer to peer servers suck. I'll wait for it to go $30 with all the DLC included  

2. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 14, 2017, 22:41 ChopperDan

The uneducated masses that have too much money keep encouraging this behavior. Sadly this won't be the last we see of this crap.  

1. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 14, 2017, 22:03 Cutter

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo