Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise

UbiBlog announces the latest release date for Star Trek- Bridge Crew, saying the VR game will beam in on May 30th. The game was originally expected  last November, but yada yada dilithium crystals. The payoff for the wait is they are adding the Enterprise from the original series to the game so you can boldly go where others have gone before. Here's word:

When Star Trek: Bridge Crew arrives on VR platforms, it’ll present players with the opportunity to explore the Star Trek universe from the simulated bridge of a Federation starship, in virtual reality. Better still, you’ll now get to choose which starship you inhabit: In addition to the previously revealed U.S.S. Aegis, a ship created just for the game, you also have the option to serve on Star Trek: The Original Series’ version of the U.S.S. Enterprise, either as a solo captain or as an officer in a crew of up to four players.

Developed in close cooperation with CBS Consumer Products, the Enterprise will be available in the game’s Ongoing Voyages mode, which features procedurally generated solo and co-op missions.

“The original U.S.S. Enterprise is such an iconic part of the franchise,” says David Votypka, senior creative director at Red Storm Entertainment. “The adventures and relationships that took place on the ship are a special part of Star Trek history, so we were determined to give players the opportunity to create their own adventures and stories on this classic ship.”

You’ll be able to experience social-VR adventures from the ship – and platform – of your choice when Star Trek: Bridge Crew launches on PlayStation VR, HTC Vive, and Oculus Rift on May 30.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:50 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 05:00:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 04:52:
I get why they picked the Enterprise. However I personally would have liked to see the Defiant; it's a tough little ship.

LITTLE?!

Perhaps today is a good day to die. PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. It’s an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:49 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 22:12:
EDIT: Ah, cool, it says you can play as just a solo captain.

How can that be? Solo was the captain of the Millennium Falcon!

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. It’s an excimer frozen in its excited state."

14. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 11, 2017, 15:34 Agent-Zero

star trek IP management is always a complete clusterfuck according to anyone who has worked anywhere near it... nothing but nightmare stories when you go beyond the usual corporate PR circle jerking  

13. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 11, 2017, 14:14 Dev

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 23:06:
Never understood why they weren't making ST CRPGs.
Reason is highly likely to be licensing intricacies like cost or control.

12. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 11, 2017, 14:09 The Half Elf

I get why they picked the Enterprise. However I personally would have liked to see the Defiant; it's a tough little ship.

LITTLE?!

You still now how to fire phasers right?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

11. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 11, 2017, 13:59 jdreyer

LITTLE?!

Compared to V'Ger.

Also no love for Reliant complete with Khan's crew? Such a colorful cast os characterzs!

Descender: Mutual understanding and learning in a thread with a disagreement? Did someone break the internet? :p

10. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 11, 2017, 05:00 El Pit

LITTLE?!

"There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."
Warren Buffett, right here: https://youtu.be/d37z90pz-qE

9. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 11, 2017, 04:52 ViRGE

8. Re: Prey in May Feb 10, 2017, 23:28 rawbelly

"option to serve on Star Trek: The Original Series’ version of the U.S.S. Enterprise, either as a solo captain or as an officer in a crew of up to four players."

he he get it? a "crew"? . Ride around in space with your bros. Run from galactic cops, unlock sweet ground effects for your Enterprise.

In all cereal though, this is ubisoft. It has a 1% chance of being fun.

7. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 23:06 Cutter

This is why a really good base game CRPG builder similar to NWN would be an awesome business model to build around. You could easily license any numnber of IPs to churn out content packs so people could make their own Star Trek adventures, D&D, whatever you want in whatever genre you want. Never understood why they weren't making ST CRPGs.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

6. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 22:12 SlimRam

"You’ll be able to experience social-VR adventures from the ship – and platform – of your choice when Star Trek: Bridge Crew launches on PlayStation VR, HTC Vive, and Oculus Rift on May 30."

But what if I want a totally anti-social-VR experience, does it come with the M-5 computer if you want to play solo?

Dr. McCoy: "Did you see the love light in Spock's eyes? The right computer finally came along."

EDIT: Ah, cool, it says you can play as just a solo captain.

5. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 22:02 jdreyer

I wonder if they'll have away missions replete with Red Shirts.  

Descender: Mutual understanding and learning in a thread with a disagreement? Did someone break the internet? :p

4. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 19:11 Kxmode

yada yada dilithium crystals.

Something something something prime directive. Something something something Klingons.

3. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 19:03 Kxmode

Will Ryker Include Original Enterprise? Remember, he won't go back. The Borg control everything. Starfleet is gone!

2. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 18:59 The Half Elf

If there was ONE game that would cause me to get a headset it would be this. But considering how basic the controls are, you will never get anything close to Bridge Commander or Starfleet/Klingon Academy.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

1. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 18:05 Simon Says

That + Bridge Commander like gameplay and it would be interesting...  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo