Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs

The GeForce website announces the system requirements for Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ubisoft's upcoming open-world shooter. Since this is NVIDIA's site, they don't mention competing hardware, so AMD owners will have to do a little extrapolation here. Here's what they say:

Experience total freedom of choice in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands™, the ultimate military shooter set in an open world. Releasing on March 7th, you and up to three friends can take down the Santa Blanca drug cartel, who have transformed the beautiful South American country of Bolivia into a perilous narco-state. You decide your plan of attack and play missions however you see fit. Utilize stealth, execute tactical plans or come out guns blazing. You decide where to explore through the diverse Bolivian weather and terrain. Customize and develop your Ghost and gain access to unique weapons and skills.

Today, Ubisoft announced their recommended Ghost Recon Wildlands system requirements, providing a glimpse into how you can enjoy the game at 1920x1080, the most popular gaming resolution.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Official Minimum System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-4320 @ 4 GHz
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 660
  • VRAM: 2GB
  • RAM: 6GB
  • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • HDD: 50GB free space

Ghost Recon Wildlands Official Recommended System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4 GHz
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 or GeForce GTX 970
  • VRAM: 4GB
  • RAM: 8GB
  • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • HDD: 50GB free space

If you wish to crank settings up further, or play smoothly at a higher resolution, you’ll want to gear up with more powerful components, such as the GeForce GTX 1070 and GeForce GTX 1080.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 21:40 The Half Elf

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 19:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:49:
Um the heli controls sucked on Mouse and Keyboard AND controller. There is no way to side strafe, and overall they just suck. Myself and mrgrosser were both hating them. At least with say BF3/BF4 they are fine with a mouse and keyboard, and in GTA you probably want a gamepad, but they need reworked badly.

Agreed. Vehicles were crap overall, which is bad because you will need them to get around. Very mediocre. AI was also not good.

Already ordered Horizon. The videos from that game just make me want to play it. THis game is a Steam sale at best.

I had no problems with vehicles except they stick to the road more then Watch Dogs 2 (which I hate), and bikes could use a little tweaking but were actually quite enjoyable. Then again I've played a shitload of Forza Motorsports/Horizons/GTA Online (and I personally think GTA Online has the best real to/enjoyable arcade out there).

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 19:09 Agent.X7

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:49:
Um the heli controls sucked on Mouse and Keyboard AND controller. There is no way to side strafe, and overall they just suck. Myself and mrgrosser were both hating them. At least with say BF3/BF4 they are fine with a mouse and keyboard, and in GTA you probably want a gamepad, but they need reworked badly.

Agreed. Vehicles were crap overall, which is bad because you will need them to get around. Very mediocre. AI was also not good.

Already ordered Horizon. The videos from that game just make me want to play it. THis game is a Steam sale at best.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

35. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 17:36 Strango

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 10:59:
...It jusat doesn't have a proper 1:1 control input thing going on right now...

By default the mouse sensitivity for un-aimed looking and iron site aiming was drastically different. I had to go in and make them even and that helped some, but like you say it still felt like it needed raw input.

34. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 16:38 maddog

Roger that!

DangerDog wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 16:17:
maddog wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:57:
If I greatly enjoyed Future Solider, will I like this one as well?

Thanks!

Have you always wanted to play Far Cry in 3rd person with 4 player co-op?

if yes then this game might be for you, otherwise wait for reviews and or a deep discount.

speaking of which, looks like ubisoft is implementing stricter region controls, most of the discount sites only have the euro version for a decent price.

from my experience with the beta I wouldn't pay more than $40 for the base game, given that they're doing the season pass thing I think I'll just write it off completely.

33. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 16:17 DangerDog

maddog wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:57:

Thanks!

Have you always wanted to play Far Cry in 3rd person with 4 player co-op?

if yes then this game might be for you, otherwise wait for reviews and or a deep discount.

speaking of which, looks like ubisoft is implementing stricter region controls, most of the discount sites only have the euro version for a decent price.

from my experience with the beta I wouldn't pay more than $40 for the base game, given that they're doing the season pass thing I think I'll just write it off completely.

32. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 15:57 maddog

Thanks!

31. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 15:50 DangerDog

Angrius Maximis wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 11:51:
I was unimpressed in the beta. Its GTA V for adults...and honestly nothing but Farcry 4 open world with other people.

It controls like the Division for the most part but you can lay down.

the AI is stupid as a liberal after a Trump win

lol, the missions were pretty funny. steal this helicopter and then drop it off over here less than a mile away. good thing though because the helicopter was like trying to push a brick through a wall of jello.

I did break out of the beta walled in zone, (probably the most fun thing to do - you had to beat the countdown instakill-timer by doing a melee take down of an enemy while the counter was at 2 seconds), managed to fly around the rest of the map, even though the assets like buildings were missing you could still tell it's going to be one giant copy-paste job with lots of empty space between villages. You could see areas that had roads for tiny cities but nothing bigger than what was in the beta. No modern city areas.

The AI won't get smarter, they just make harder AI bullet sponges and maybe a little more accurate in their shots.

The repetitive mission design is going to be fatigue inducing, the overall theme of fighting south american drug cartel seems uninteresting given all the different scenarios they could have chosen. Limits your options in terms of military hardware, you won't be driving tanks or jets. They do have attack helicopters but only for the AI that I could see. The destruction seemed lacking, some road signs would break apart but some where unbreakable. It's not a "loot drop" game though so I don't think there will be more powerful guns that look exactly like the one you've already picked up. You find the weapons in crates around the map, once you've opened the crate it's unlocked.

Unless you have a group of people buying it your level of enjoyment will probably be pretty low. No way are you going to be able to get anywhere with co-op playing with randoms.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2017, 16:11.

30. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 15:49 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

29. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 15:12 NewMaxx

The helicopter controls were clearly designed around a gamepad and for novices (auto-hover, easy up/down lift, etc) but getting it to do what you want (see: try aiming the front miniguns) is a bit more difficult. It's possible to get tolerably good at it with some practice but it could be a hell of a lot better. I cut my teeth on Desert Combat so for me it's an abomination, but hey...  
Borecraft Games on YouTube

28. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 15:01 Darks

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:13:
Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 13:25:
I enjoyed the beeta but there's no way in hell I'm paying $80 for the game. If it were $40 I'd bite but otherwise no.

Perhaps some of you found the controls weird because they're tied to skills? One thing I didn't like was the flight controls for choppers and planes. I was using my gamepad and it was still a PITA flying around. And the guns on choppers need to track targets on the ground. Otherwise I didn't have a problem with them.

The chopper controls were worse than cancer. Seriously, worst control scheme ever, some keys can't be rebound, and it's really RNG flying.

Come on Slick they were not as bad as your say they were. and yea, I ran into a few keys that I was not able to rebind. the INSERT, HOME,PgUp,PgDn,Del,End keys. that irritated me to no end, Im a lefty and I use that side of the keyboard. so I did post this to the m and reported it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

27. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 14:51 The Half Elf

Once ya turned Vsync off had no problems running everything at max at 1920x1080, and was benchmarking over 50fps.  

26. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 14:25 Cutter

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:07:
aww shit, two fairly-good games coming out one week after the other, don't think I'm gonna be buying both. I think Horizon: Zero Dawn is gonna get my money, though, as it isn't reliant upon my friends buying it to be fun. This will probably be a "first time it goes on sale for $40 or so" game.

God, I hate exclusives. It's not like there are many console games I want to play on the PC anyway but this is one of them. This was just put up on Gamespot 2 hours ago.

Horizon Zero Dawn's Full World Map Revealed

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

25. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 14:22 Cutter

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:13:
The chopper controls were worse than cancer. Seriously, worst control scheme ever, some keys can't be rebound, and it's really RNG flying.

Yeah, it definitely didn't make me want to yell, "GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

24. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 14:13 Slick

I enjoyed the beeta but there's no way in hell I'm paying $80 for the game. If it were $40 I'd bite but otherwise no.

Perhaps some of you found the controls weird because they're tied to skills? One thing I didn't like was the flight controls for choppers and planes. I was using my gamepad and it was still a PITA flying around. And the guns on choppers need to track targets on the ground. Otherwise I didn't have a problem with them.

There are two kinds of conservatives, the rich and the stupid, and most of them aren't rich. -Cutter

23. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 14:07 HoSpanky

aww shit, two fairly-good games coming out one week after the other, don't think I'm gonna be buying both. I think Horizon: Zero Dawn is gonna get my money, though, as it isn't reliant upon my friends buying it to be fun. This will probably be a "first time it goes on sale for $40 or so" game.  

22. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 13:47 Darks

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 13:27:

It was <$42 in late December on GMG (30% off), which is where I bought it, a price I consider...acceptable.

Gamers Gate has it on sale to. the Gold edition for $77

All version are on sale there.

21. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 13:45 Darks

Those guns on the helo are stationary, no way you can have them track a target. I didn't have much trouble with flying the Helo, it was the plane that took a lot of getting used to. One sudden moment in the wrong direction would put you in a nose dive.

20. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 13:27 NewMaxx

It was <$42 in late December on GMG (30% off), which is where I bought it, a price I consider...acceptable.

Borecraft Games on YouTube

19. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 13:25 Cutter

18. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 13:21 Steele Johnson

Angrius Maximis wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 11:51:
I was unimpressed in the beta. Its GTA V for adults...and honestly nothing but Farcry 4 open world with other people.

It controls like the Division for the most part but you can lay down.

the AI is stupid as a liberal after a Trump win

That's exactly what I want. But yes, they will tweak the AI before release.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo