Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

E3 Opens to Public

This tweet announces that consumers are being welcomed back to the Electronic Entertainment Expo this year, which will run from June 13th-15th in Los Angeles. Word is consumer passes will go on sale on the E3 website on February 13th. According to Polygon 15,000 tickets will be offered, with the first 1,000 selling for $149 each and the remainder selling for $249 per ticket. They say, "The show will still have a central media and business component. ESA officials say that business pass owners will still receive special benefits, including a dedicated entrance and VIP Business Lounge."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 17:34 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 09:15:
rawbelly wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 23:03:
I would however line up to meet God .
You are already lined up, you know. Everybody is

I beg to differ.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 18:30 Tumbler

Or you can sit in the comfort of your home and watch the free 1080p stream without the hassle of LA traffic and gamer body funk. Wacko

This, jesus christ this. $150 to $250 to go? Don't fucking do this. Please. As a member of the public you're just going to wait in line to see almost nothing. As a member of the press with appointments it sounds like fun because they actually take the time to show you interesting stuff.

But nothing compares to just watching it all from home. All those press guys are so desperate to get your eyes on their website that you can see everything just by watching bluesnews.

17. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 11:29 Rigs

NetHead wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 07:38:
[SC]TherMight wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 00:50:
This is an indication of the conference's death throes.
They tried to cut down even the industry associates because of the nuclear escalation of "Hey we have the best stripper booth babes"
They tried to close it to a smaller audience to get back to their roots
Now this?

Besides there is nothing ever fresh and new to discover or preview at this conference anymore. Gone are the days when you could sit down to play a little game called Katamari Damacy that nobody heard of until it blew up a month later worldwide.

Matches much of what I've suspected about it.

I don't think they could get back to their roots or anything like that as things have changed. The internet is far more effective at reaching the audience, without any of those costs or hassle.

The companies which can afford it, sometimes going around the world to get there, won't be making some unheard of supposedly risky game. I doubt the conference will make the kind of money it expects with anything but big publishers and maybe certain studios and in those cases you can find out more about the game online.

Making an extra $270,000+ for welcoming the public back, I'm pretty sure it's more about the number than the act and hassle it involves.

Hmmm, I remember hearing the same conversation when they had E3 in Atlanta that one year. 'It's all over!' Yeah, not quite. Man, what a clusterfuck that was! They need to try it again, though, this time with some proper oversight and use their fucking brains. I would love to go to an E3. It's been on my 'Bucket List' since '96. Of course, the one year they go to the East Coast was the one year I was drowning in...well, let's just say I was 18 and having too much fun to bother...

=-Rigs-=

'Now we gave you a promise! And we are bound by that promise. And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!' -John Sheridan, 'And All My Dreams Torn Asunder', B5

16. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 11:02 MajorD

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 04:21:
Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 22:10:
Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 20:22:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 20:20:
Or you can sit in the comfort of your home and watch the free 1080p stream without the hassle of LA traffic and gamer body funk. Wacko

Not the same, I used to attended a lot in the late 90's to mid 2008

Ill be trying to get in this year too. Its a lot of fun to talk with the devs and see the games and play them.

I fucking hate crowds and lineups. Like a buddy of mine always used to say, "I wouldn't line up to meet God." I will never understand why people want to pay money to stand in lines and deal with crowds.

You must be a real riot at parties eh?

Grin.....reminds of Francis from L42; "Crowds, I hate crowds".

Still counting...

15. Re: Prey in May Feb 9, 2017, 09:15 Pr()ZaC

rawbelly wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 23:03:
I would however line up to meet God .
You are already lined up, you know. Everybody is

14. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 07:38 NetHead

[SC]TherMight wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 00:50:
They tried to cut down even the industry associates because of the nuclear escalation of "Hey we have the best stripper booth babes"
Now this?

Besides there is nothing ever fresh and new to discover or preview at this conference anymore. Gone are the days when you could sit down to play a little game called Katamari Damacy that nobody heard of until it blew up a month later worldwide.

Matches much of what I've suspected about it.

I don't think they could get back to their roots or anything like that as things have changed. The internet is far more effective at reaching the audience, without any of those costs or hassle.

The companies which can afford it, sometimes going around the world to get there, won't be making some unheard of supposedly risky game. I doubt the conference will make the kind of money it expects with anything but big publishers and maybe certain studios and in those cases you can find out more about the game online.

Making an extra $270,000+ for welcoming the public back, I'm pretty sure it's more about the number than the act and hassle it involves.

13. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 07:32 CJ_Parker

nekkid b00th babes or gtfo maggits!!!11  

12. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 05:37 MattyC

This is something I would be really into... many many years ago. Too little too late I think, but I guess time will tell.  

11. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 04:21 VaranDragon

Ill be trying to get in this year too. Its a lot of fun to talk with the devs and see the games and play them.

I fucking hate crowds and lineups. Like a buddy of mine always used to say, "I wouldn't line up to meet God." I will never understand why people want to pay money to stand in lines and deal with crowds.

You must be a real riot at parties eh?

10. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 04:05 Ant

... Its a lot of fun to talk with the devs and see the games and play them.
Yep, like David Braben @ E3 2014 which was unexpected. Cool room, very few people, cool Elite:Dangerous game (not an Elite fan series, but my friend told me to go look!), etc.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 03:00 loomy

it's natural to move in cycles  

8. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 00:50 [SC]TherMight

Now this?

7. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 8, 2017, 23:21 Jerykk

Good luck with that. E3 was already a clusterfuck before this. You had to wait in line to see or play anything unless you were press or a VIP. Now that it's open to the public, the lines will be about 5 times longer. You'll be lucky to see or play more than 3 games on any given day.

6. Re: Prey in May Feb 8, 2017, 23:03 rawbelly

1000x's this. Shopping malls, opening night at the movies and trying to find a spot to "lay" crowded beach. My least favorite things. I would however line up to meet God .

5. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 8, 2017, 22:10 Cutter

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

4. E3 Feb 8, 2017, 21:49 rawbelly

Pfffft. I'm waiting for E4.  

3. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 8, 2017, 20:45 Kxmode

Maybe that was my experience with PAX in Seattle several years ago.

2. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 8, 2017, 20:22 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 8, 2017, 20:20 Kxmode

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo