Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 11:07 HorrorScope

beigemore wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 08:45:
I borrowed my friend's Oculus Rift a few weeks back and had a lot of fun with it, but I'm going to wait for the 2nd gen before making my purchase.

Right, because as a sideline consumer at this time many will have the feeling "I now need to wait for v2 since I waited this long and hopefully it is cheaper.". Not sure the two pc companies driving this understand how consumer electronics work well enough.

There is plenty of content for so soon. Killer app? killer app hype may be and older thing now, to me when there weren't so many games you could have a landmark. I personally have more games I love then time to play, by far.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 09:06 The Half Elf

Get rid of that slow ass Star Trek Bridge Crew game, and instead make a VR version of Star Trek Bridge Commander and you have a deal!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 08:45 beigemore

I borrowed my friend's Oculus Rift a few weeks back and had a lot of fun with it, but I'm going to wait for the 2nd gen before making my purchase.  

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 08:20 NewMaxx

My friends constantly pester me about getting VR. I keep telling them: the price needs to come down and it needs a killer app. It's just not mature enough yet. "But you can afford that GTX 1080!" they cry; so? I'd more likely spend VR money on a decent gaming monitor. I don't expect VR to be there for another 2-3 years, I keep saying, and nothing has presented itself to change my mind...except maybe to push that estimate even further back.

(I will admit the Star Trek game intrigues me a lot, though)

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 06:15 Kosumo

I hear the new resident evil game (I've never played any of them) is both a good game and work pretty well in VR  

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 04:32 VaranDragon

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 21:36:
Hellcinder wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 21:10:
VR needs simplified hardware and a lower price point, then the flock will come.
Totally agree. Elite Dangerous is the killer VR app for me, but I won't buy a headset until the tech is cheaper and better.

Also: EvE: Valkyrie, Project Cars, DCS World, IL2 (BoS, BoM) these are just off the top of my head, Im sure I could think of quite a few more, a whole lot more if I bothered to google a little bit.

I agree the price is very hefty, I still can't afford one. Still it costs about as much as good monitor which a lot of hardcore PC enthusiasts have no qualms about buying. From what Ive seen CV1 works pretty great with those games listed above, with a GTX970 and above.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 8, 2017, 21:36 BIGtrouble77

Hellcinder wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 21:10:
Totally agree. Elite Dangerous is the killer VR app for me, but I won't buy a headset until the tech is cheaper and better.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 8, 2017, 21:26 RedEye9

If it's funded by darpa I expect paper airplanes will soon kill us all. DARPAs robotic competitions are sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpF-3orhnjg  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 8, 2017, 21:10 Hellcinder

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >