Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Marvel's Iron Fist - Official Trailer.
View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 22:20 Agent-Zero

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 22:06:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 19:25:
looks mediocre

Into the Badlands season 2 looks fucking awesome tho

Oh shit, I forgot all about that show...Wikipedia says March 19th for the premiere of the second season, nice.

Yeah, they actually got some real martial artists in ItB, martial artists who are also surprisingly good athletes, ie. Daniel Wu. Some of the supporting cast, not so much, but the fight choreographer was excellent in the first season, so it worked most of the time.

yeh man, its legit hong kong type wire-flying kung fu stuff.. not sure if you are into that but i grew up on those movies with tsui hark and jet li and donnie yen and so forth, and daniel wu was also a part of that scene in the later years

the new season has the fat guy from spaced/shaun of the dead/hot fuzz/etc etc, nick frost.. so im not sure about that but who knows

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 22:15 Eirikrautha

Where's the trail? It's not the goddamn Iron Fist without the trail!!!!  

12. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 22:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 19:25:
looks mediocre

Oh shit, I forgot all about that show...Wikipedia says March 19th for the premiere of the second season, nice.

Yeah, they actually got some real martial artists in ItB, martial artists who are also surprisingly good athletes, ie. Daniel Wu. Some of the supporting cast, not so much, but the fight choreographer was excellent in the first season, so it worked most of the time.

11. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 19:25 Agent-Zero

looks mediocre

10. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 12:22 Creston

Luke Cage was absolute garbage, tonally correct blacksploitation (sic?) notwithstanding.

I sure hope this is better.

9. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 12:10 nin

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 11:58:
Joking aside, I assume Netflix won't have the balls to go with the traditional bright green and yellow Iron Fist costume. He'll end up in some muted-color leather/plastic crap for sure.

Yeah, I liked DDs starter all black fabric suit better than what he ended up with finally...

I'm thinking The Punisher series will be this fall? REALLY looking forward to that one...

8. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 11:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 08:42:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 03:51:
tl,dr: Get off my lawn, damn kids.

I'll probably watch Iron Fist, as I'm reasonably sure it's required by US law and international treaty for me, but it seems like it'll be an uphill battle.
Would rather watch it as a movie than have it in series form. Trailer definitely made it seem bruce wayneish, except for the glow in the dark fist, batmans glove could fix that.

Joking aside, I assume Netflix won't have the balls to go with the traditional bright green and yellow Iron Fist costume. He'll end up in some muted-color leather/plastic crap for sure.

7. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 09:09 Pigeon

nin wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 08:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 22:55:
I've enjoyed the Netflix Marvel series, but Luke Cage was pretty meh.

I didn't care for Luke Cage at all. Wanted more ass beatings/couches out the window and less bands of the week...

Hopefully Iron Fist is better...

I didn't mind the bands of the week, but I certainly understand where you're coming from. It was one thing in a list of distractions from the story/pacing. I didn't hate it, but it's certainly my least favorite of the series so far. I think Jessica Jones is my favorite, though when Shane Frank showed up Dare Devil got really good.

Pete wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 09:03:
Reminds me of Arrow.
Uggh I can only hope not. I kind of like Arrow at first, but it just got overwhelmed by interpersonal drama. And not the good kind, it was more like what a preteen imagines adult relationships are like.

6. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 09:03 Pete

Reminds me of Arrow.  

Doin' it Big

5. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 08:42 RedEye9

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 03:51:

I'll probably watch Iron Fist, as I'm reasonably sure it's required by US law and international treaty for me, but it seems like it'll be an uphill battle.
Would rather watch it as a movie than have it in series form. Trailer definitely made it seem bruce wayneish, except for the glow in the dark fist, batmans glove could fix that.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

4. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 08:35 nin

I didn't care for Luke Cage at all. Wanted more ass beatings/couches out the window and less bands of the week...

Hopefully Iron Fist is better...

3. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 03:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

I thought Luke Cage was pretty good, arguably better than Daredevil. Not counting the Daredevil episodes with the Punisher, but definitely a stronger first season than Daredevil's. (Opinions will differ!)

As an old school comics nerd though... this guy is NOT Iron Fist. He's even worse than the guy they got to play Daredevil, physically... neither one is even close to the character. Of course, they have to find people who can actually act, so what can you do?

Danny Rand is a cheap knock off of Bruce Wayne in a lot of ways too, but then again these shows aren't marketed towards people who read comics, this is more for the 'new' generation of Marvel movie fans.

2. Re: Into the Black Feb 8, 2017, 22:55 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

1. Re: Into the Black Feb 8, 2017, 22:45 Cutter

Not to be confused with Brazzer's "Iron Fist". Hi-O!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >