57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: On Sale
Feb 7, 2017, 13:27
Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 13:27
Feb 7, 2017, 13:27

Kxmode wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 02:03:
Update: OMG! Why is the dog out in the cold and rain? Who does this to their animal?! I'm hearing this animal bark. I'm really starting to dislike my neighbor. This is not cool. I'm not a dog person but I also don't like to see animals suffer.

I'm crying now. The dog is literally whimpering. Oh my god...

I hear that people butcher animals and eat their flesh. Pretty sure that's just rumor though. Probably just stories mother pigs tell their babies at night.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Re: Out of the Blue
Feb 7, 2017, 10:28
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 10:28
Feb 7, 2017, 10:28

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

Feb 7, 2017, 09:43
Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 09:43
Feb 7, 2017, 09:43

Orogogus wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 01:47:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 23:38:
Orogogus wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 21:16:
Well... I can sort of see that. One obsessive bully who's fixated on screwing his neighbor can generate a really large amount of BS testimony and evidence.

Which is why I provided audio recordings. They are unedited and raw. If AC listens to them, they'll hear what I hear. I didn't have enough storage space to record hours of it, but it provides the audio proof of the issue along with the logs.

Right, but how do the authorities know they're unedited? What I'm getting at is that one nutcase can generate a lot of authentic-looking evidence. If I were an asshole with too much free time, would I be able to produce recordings of a dog going haywire and present them convincingly as unedited raw files? Probably. But I might have a hard time convincing any other neighbors to go along with it.
Alternative Dog Reports?

Feb 7, 2017, 04:54
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 04:54
Feb 7, 2017, 04:54

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 12:33:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 12:08:
Sadly, this is what the American voters asked for. The country is a business now that seeks to eliminate those pesky regulations.

thats the American dream.. pull yourself up by your own bootstraps so you can walk all over all the insignificant peons.. because all the incredibly "successful" slave owners never really gave up their philosophy - they just adapted it to rapid industrialization, and as soon as that idea became "politically correct" enough in terms of "equality", it was fair game for everybody to join in

its just one form of distilled human nature, theres plenty of others on display - but whats the majority share? where does the lowest common denominator lie? thats the biggest number, with the most influence

its not just an american problem, theres actually a global issue coming to a head, slanted by whatever cultural bias it happens to be working through according to its geographical location with its particular population

but class warfare is nothing new, its the same thing since forever.. thing is, its not really "forever" and a few thousand years is like the blink of an eye when it comes to the natural world. humanity may not be able to conceive of the time table involved, but the game wont be able to last any longer than the pieces on the board.. once you use it all up its fucking over, done, fin, end of story

yeh thats right, some people can actually see further into the future than people obsessed with their own pathetic little struggle to be monkey-king of the hill... its certainly not "relatable" to everyday bullshit because everyday bullshit is only concerned with everyday bullshit.. circling and circling and circling itself.. right down that drain

but dont worry about that, go check out those superbowl highlight reels, kick back with a couple beers.. shit, LIFE IS GOOD!

Yeah the Captain hitting it right in the gut! BobBob's hippie post-yuppie hipster post about how "hurtful" he is and how "he can't even react" is exactly the reason why this shit is happening in the first place. It's because of people like him, who wanted to preserve the status quo, who love nature "parks" but want to keep driving their car park and enjoying their three-storie beach house that this shit is happening in the first place.

I don't give a shit about the environment, because guess what? The environment is going to be just fine a few thousand years after humans go extinct. What I do care about is humans going extinct, and when people turn a blind eye to the "human" problem, then demagogues like Trump spring up like shrooms all over the place and do whatever the fuck they like.

I for one can't wait for the "endless" growth economics to fail miserably and for us to fall into the dark ages, because if history has taught us anything as a species its that shit has to get a whole lot worse before it has a chance of ever getting better.

Feb 7, 2017, 02:12
Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 02:12
Feb 7, 2017, 02:12

Kxmode wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 02:03:
Update: OMG! Why is the dog out in the cold and rain? Who does this to their animal?! I'm hearing this animal bark. I'm really starting to dislike my neighbor. This is not cool. I'm not a dog person but I also don't like to see animals suffer.

For that you should be able to call the authorities. It's animal neglect or abuse. Record a video for proof, if possible.

Feb 7, 2017, 02:03
Kxmode

Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 02:03
Feb 7, 2017, 02:03
 Kxmode

"The present is a veil between anticipation and horror. Lift the veil... and madness may follow." source

Feb 7, 2017, 01:58
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 01:58
Feb 7, 2017, 01:58

Lady Gaga Panics After Hearing Name Called For Halftime Show While Waiting In Line For Bathroom.

That same outlet also has this related story:

Bill Belichick Gazes Fondly At Absence Of Reflection In Vince Lombardi Trophy

Feb 7, 2017, 01:50
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2017, 01:50
Feb 7, 2017, 01:50

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 20:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 19:38:
PPs.: If noise becomes a big problem you should consider legal action and DOCUMENTATION. I have never heard of a city that takes documented and video proof of serious noise violations after 10pm not extremely serious indeed.

Did that too. Provided my city's Animal Control a detailed log representing weeks of infractions plus two audio recordings of 30+ minutes each. Their response to all my evidence and I quote: "You will need to have the involvement of another neighbor who will participate in the abatement process before your complaint can be completed." It's almost like they are treating me as the guilty party and the burden of proof is on me. I don't understand how getting another resident involved somehow makes the proof legit beyond the detailed logs and audio recording I provided. I'm the one at ground zero of this fury terrorist. I'm suffering the most. I also feel like I have a case against the city for dereliction of duty. Not enforcing some sort of noise control law at 1:30 AM goes WAY beyond animal control issues.

Taser?

Basically what Cutter said. Retain a lawyer and figure out some options. Yes it will cause you $$$, but your sleep and sanity are worth it.

Alternatively, run for neighborhood council and make the noise ordinance stricter.

Feb 7, 2017, 01:47
Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 01:47
Feb 7, 2017, 01:47

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 23:38:
Well... I can sort of see that. One obsessive bully who's fixated on screwing his neighbor can generate a really large amount of BS testimony and evidence.

Which is why I provided audio recordings. They are unedited and raw. If AC listens to them, they'll hear what I hear. I didn't have enough storage space to record hours of it, but it provides the audio proof of the issue along with the logs.

Right, but how do the authorities know they're unedited? What I'm getting at is that one nutcase can generate a lot of authentic-looking evidence. If I were an asshole with too much free time, would I be able to produce recordings of a dog going haywire and present them convincingly as unedited raw files? Probably. But I might have a hard time convincing any other neighbors to go along with it.

Feb 6, 2017, 23:38
Kxmode

Re: On Sale Feb 6, 2017, 23:38
Feb 6, 2017, 23:38
 Kxmode

Edit: Going to reach out to County Assessors and find out who owns this house. If the current resident is a renter, I might be able to contact the home's owner and let them know about the situation. It's possible they may not know there is a nuisance dog on the premises.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2017, 00:00.
"The present is a veil between anticipation and horror. Lift the veil... and madness may follow." source

Feb 6, 2017, 21:49
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 21:49
Feb 6, 2017, 21:49

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 21:25:
I feel with you, but in my city here in Germany noise ordnance is pretty heavily enforced, I called police once and they came within 20 minutes and muted the noise. But that was a human... for dogs, it'd have to go through animal control for sure, but they'd be forced to act if noise violation is regularly against the city noise ordnance. So I am confused why the city doesn't act in your case, you 100% sure no other neighbor in that entire area is gonna co-sign your complaint?

If that is such a weird ordnance where you live, I would think about literally paying a neighbor to come with me to file that complaint. I can't believe that none of them are bothered, but they might not think something comes of this, and thus might consider it a waste of time.

Germany is quite civilized. I lived there for awhile on an extended business trip. Thumbsup

Feb 6, 2017, 21:25
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 21:25
Feb 6, 2017, 21:25

PPs.: If noise becomes a big problem you should consider legal action and DOCUMENTATION. I have never heard of a city that takes documented and video proof of serious noise violations after 10pm not extremely serious indeed.

Did that too. Provided my city's Animal Control a detailed log representing weeks of infractions plus two audio recordings of 30+ minutes each. Their response to all my evidence and I quote: "You will need to have the involvement of another neighbor who will participate in the abatement process before your complaint can be completed." It's almost like they are treating me as the guilty party and the burden of proof is on me. I don't understand how getting another resident involved somehow makes the proof legit beyond the detailed logs and audio recording I provided. I'm the one at ground zero of this fury terrorist. I'm suffering the most. I also feel like I have a case against the city for dereliction of duty. Not enforcing some sort of noise control law at 1:30 AM goes WAY beyond animal control issues.

I feel with you, but in my city here in Germany noise ordnance is pretty heavily enforced, I called police once and they came within 20 minutes and muted the noise. But that was a human... for dogs, it'd have to go through animal control for sure, but they'd be forced to act if noise violation is regularly against the city noise ordnance. So I am confused why the city doesn't act in your case, you 100% sure no other neighbor in that entire area is gonna co-sign your complaint?

If that is such a weird ordnance where you live, I would think about literally paying a neighbor to come with me to file that complaint. I can't believe that none of them are bothered, but they might not think something comes of this, and thus might consider it a waste of time.

Feb 6, 2017, 21:16
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 21:16
Feb 6, 2017, 21:16

It's almost like they are treating me as the guilty party and the burden of proof is on me. I don't understand how getting another resident involved somehow makes the proof legit beyond the detailed logs and audio recording I provided.

Well... I can sort of see that. One obsessive bully who's fixated on screwing his neighbor can generate a really large amount of BS testimony and evidence. There was that crazy lady in Irvine last year who planted drugs and crap to get at the volunteer worker at her son's school. Unless there are ulterior issues like race or religion at work you expect it would be way harder for those kinds of people to wreak havoc at will if it requires a second person to complain.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2017, 21:32.

Feb 6, 2017, 20:41
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 20:41
Feb 6, 2017, 20:41

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 16:39:
My neighbor's dog is a blight on the neighborhood. It barks for hours day and night. Seven hours nonstop is the longest I've clocked him at (it only stopped after passing out). He also doesn't seem to understand that 1:30 AM isn't a barking hour. Called the non-emergency PD number and they told me they don't send units for noisy animals (on a side note the city fined me for letting my grass grow 12 inches). So out of a desperate need to get the sleep I turned the hall wall into a new bedroom. It helps. The surrounding walls act as a buffer, and the ear plugs, rolled up sock, and beanie pretty much reduces the noise to 0. It's been a stressful 5-6 months with no end in sight.

The crazy thing is I'm not mad at the dog. I'm mad at the owner. Dogs are very mono-emotional. If they bark all the time that's their way of saying "Hey! Something is wrong. Please help!" Why do pet owners ignore their animals like this?

Sorry to hear about that. Most of what you can do is probably up to State, County and/or City laws. In my state pretty much only cities can pass noise ordinances. There is a state law, but it pretty much amounts to someone launching a rocket. Home-owners association might be handy here, but if its run by a company they pretty much only go after things that are easy for them to document and then make money off of, like your grass being too high. If you can find proof that the dog is being neglected that might be another avenue other than noise violation.

Feb 6, 2017, 20:35
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 20:35
Feb 6, 2017, 20:35
 Kxmode

Feb 6, 2017, 19:38
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 19:38
Feb 6, 2017, 19:38

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 18:31:
BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 18:07:
Apparently, I have no social life and I'm totally out of what's trending. What does "I-borhood" mean? Google gives no results.

You're not. It's a neighborhood where everyone only cares about themselves and their well-being, and are not responsive to helping others. Thus the "I" borhood. I came up with it.

We normal people call that a gentrified hell hole Thankfully my neighbors are not annoying like that, dogs don't bark (like nearly ever) and cats are mindful of sleeping hours for the most part. But yeah, I feel like people become more and more egocentric and stop thinking about what their actions might have an impact on others. Previous neighbors were drinking huge amounts of alcohol every day, at night... meh

Can't say the same about a flock of magpies who one year bred in the tree that's right across from my sleeping window. And this year I've got a sizeable group of blackbirds making quite some racket, or rather, causing racket with all the other flying things around.

TL;DR, birds more annoying than humans here, I consider that a huge blessing. Slow internet on the other hand isn't such a huge blessing. But yeah, rather slow internet than an iborhood.

Ps.: Neighbors.. already has it in the name.. neigh!

Feb 6, 2017, 19:00
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 19:00
Feb 6, 2017, 19:00

If neighbors are a problem follow the rule of law to win. It takes a while but it isn't difficult. Document the problem. In the case of the dog videotape a few days of its barking. City bylaws are generally quite specific about noise. File complaints with city/town get them to get bylaw enforcement officers out to fine said problem neighbor. If where you live doesn't have them and the police won't do anything keep records of that, who you spoke specifically and when. Tell the police you want file an official complaint and get a record of said complaint. Keep orderly records of everything.

After about 3 of those then you go see a lawyer about taking them to Small Claims Court. Find out what it'll cost to represent you - they may even do it pro bono but at least their fee will be covered in the judgement. First they'll fire off a 'Cease and Desist' or 'Demand' letter letting them know you intend to sue them unless they take immediate action and remove the animal. If they don't, sue. If you go into court with a lawyer, or even a paralegal, with all your evidence in hand showing that you went about things reasonably, responsibly, and professionally it's virtually guaranteed the judge will find in your favour.

Downside is he may not though it's highly unlikely. Upside is you get legal fees, plus costs, plus damages so it'll likely run them in the $10,000 to $25,000 range. That's a lot of money to give up simply not to bring a dog inside or get rid of it.

Further the judge will award you an injunction against them - and that's the important bit. What that means is that any further noise problems with them means they're in violation of a court order and subject to fines the judge sets. This usually runs on an escalating base of increase for each infraction - e.g he can start the first fine at $100 than double it for each subsequent infraction to a maximum of whatever the bylaw is - which for noise is generally around 5 grand. Best still is that if they continue to be a problem the judge can find them in contempt and jail them. The city can escalate against them all kinds of ways until they're basically broke and forced to foreclose and have to go somewhere else or rot in jail until they learn their lesson.

It's all a PITA but it's why the system is in place. If people won't behave on their own they'll be made to.
"Joey, do you ever hang around the gymnasium?" - Captain Clarence Oveur

Feb 6, 2017, 18:40
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 18:40
Feb 6, 2017, 18:40
 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 18:19:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:39:
Difficult to come up with something to do that isn't legally and/or morally a problem...

Yah, I was imagining things .. then I'm like .. Oh wait, that's so wrong .. but how about .. No, no, that's bad ...

You have no idea how big of a list I went through at 2 in the morning. I was like, "nope. nope. nope. definitely illegal. no way! unthinkable. nope. nope." I opted for a "Jackie! Be quiet!" (dog's name). That only made it worse.

Feb 6, 2017, 18:31
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 18:31
Feb 6, 2017, 18:31
 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 18:07:
Apparently, I have no social life and I'm totally out of what's trending. What does "I-borhood" mean? Google gives no results.

You're not. It's a neighborhood where everyone only cares about themselves and their well-being, and are not responsive to helping others. Thus the "I" borhood. I came up with it.

Feb 6, 2017, 18:19
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 18:19
Feb 6, 2017, 18:19

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:39:
Difficult to come up with something to do that isn't legally and/or morally a problem...

Yah, I was imagining things .. then I'm like .. Oh wait, that's so wrong .. but how about .. No, no, that's bad ...
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older