Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Splash Damage Self-Publishing Dirty Bomb

Splash Damage will be self-publishing Dirty Bomb after acquiring the publishing rights to their free-to-play first-person shooter from Nexon. This video update has the news, though the link to Dirtybomb.com still resolves to Nexon's home for the game while they work on transitioning the game to Warchest, their own publishing division. Gamasutra transcribes the important details:

"Splash Damage is taking over Dirty Bomb. The ink is drying on a deal with Nexon that'll give us full publishing control of the game. And this means everything. Marketing, servers, anti-cheat: the lot," explained Splash Damage's community manager.

"Initially you shouldn't notice any difference, but there are a number of areas we want to improve. One of your most important issues is hackers, so we're replacing the existing anti-cheat system with EasyAntiCheat. This is used by other huge online shooters to deal with cheaters, and will be going into the game next week."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2017, 06:48 VaranDragon

Tom wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 05:17:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 04:14:
Dirty Bomb was good but the F2P/P2W element killed this game for me. Too much grind, stupid unlock system. I would've much preferred just to pay 40 for it and be done with it. But now, they had to be greedy.
Agreed, there's strong enough competition in this space (Overwatch) that F2P/P2W/grindy crap can go wither in obscurity. And even if they improve it, most people who experienced it earlier are unlikely to give it another shot.

Thanks. Was gonna ask whether it was worth the bother, but fuck it. Im not falling for another World of Tanks again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2017, 05:17 Tom

yuastnav wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 04:14:
Dirty Bomb was good but the F2P/P2W element killed this game for me. Too much grind, stupid unlock system. I would've much preferred just to pay 40 for it and be done with it. But now, they had to be greedy.
Agreed, there's strong enough competition in this space (Overwatch) that F2P/P2W/grindy crap can go wither in obscurity. And even if they improve it, most people who experienced it earlier are unlikely to give it another shot.

5. Re: Splash Damage Self-Publishing Dirty Bomb Feb 6, 2017, 04:14 yuastnav

Man, the only good shooter last year was Shadow Warrior 2.
However, I also loved the Lawbreakers Alpha.

4. Re: Splash Damage Self-Publishing Dirty Bomb Feb 6, 2017, 03:50 shiho

Warskull wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 21:05:
Seems like a case of too little to late. With all the fantastic shooters we've seen since Dirty Bombs release I don't seen anyone going back to it. The most hardcore fans will continue to play it, but being a pretty good shooter doesn't cut it when you have a number of fantastic shooters out there.

Fantastic shooters? Asides from Overwatch, what other "fantastic shooters" are out there?

3. Re: Splash Damage Self-Publishing Dirty Bomb Feb 6, 2017, 00:33 Choachy

Dirty Bomb is one of those games I love to play. I don't play it often, but its always a game I keep going back to.

I think it has some of the best feel of a FPS that I've played. The combat and weapons just feel really good. I hope they can make it work. It definitely has its issues. Its taken them long enough just to add casual match making so you can play on the same team with your friends. Oh wait, that feature still isnt in.

2. Re: Splash Damage Self-Publishing Dirty Bomb Feb 5, 2017, 21:05 Warskull

Seems like a case of too little to late. With all the fantastic shooters we've seen since Dirty Bombs release I don't seen anyone going back to it. The most hardcore fans will continue to play it, but being a pretty good shooter doesn't cut it when you have a number of fantastic shooters out there.  

1. Re: Splash Damage Self-Publishing Dirty Bomb Feb 5, 2017, 20:59 shiho

Great stuff!  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo