Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico

The SCS Software blog celebrates the first anniversary of the release of American Truck Simulator. To mark the occasion they detail an upcoming expansion that will take the transport simulation into New Mexico, though there's no word on whether you will be hauling meth for Walter White. They offer some screenshots of the new environments along with this roadmap:

Today marks one year anniversary of American Truck Simulator's release. When we started working on the game way back several years ago, it was with a tiny team of five people, and still we were not sure if we can sustain the development. But we persisted, and were rewarded by a very strong launch on the market and a warm reception by the community as well as gaming press. This gave us the confidence to bolster the team and raise our ambition for the scale of the project.

At this moment, over 20 people focus solely on ATS development; an internal team plus a network of full-time contractors. Still it is not enough. We are well aware that the game's fans would like to see more content, more vehicles, more game features, more optimizations, faster progress. To make this possible, we keep growing the company - our vision is to at least double our production bandwidth for both American Truck as well as Euro Truck 2. We have been adding a few new people to the company pretty much every month during 2016, and we'll definitely keep on growing through 2017. All this new talent does and will make a difference that you should definitely notice.

We are happy to confirm that the next map expansion for American Truck Simulator will be the state of New Mexico!

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: On Sale Feb 5, 2017, 20:53 Reactor

Kxmode wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 20:02:
I don't recommend playing ATS after GTA5.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: On Sale Feb 5, 2017, 20:02 Kxmode

Reactor wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 11:14:
I tried this once. I got a fine for hitting a car. Then I got the same fine for hitting a police car. Then I got the same fine for running over a police car. And again, the same fine for hitting one so hard it wound up on top of my truck.

I don't recommend playing ATS after GTA5.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

13. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 5, 2017, 11:14 Reactor

I tried this once. I got a fine for hitting a car. Then I got the same fine for hitting a police car. Then I got the same fine for running over a police car. And again, the same fine for hitting one so hard it wound up on top of my truck.

Definitely a simulator.

12. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 16:19 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 14:49:
Are they talking about a paid expansion, or a free one?

All the priors have been free. They must be making money from word of mouth advertising. Plus, with each state, the game continues to get bigger. Even more so with the recent upscale. The upscale has made the longer drives more fun, but not too long. Nice balance. ATS is really fun chill-relaxing game.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

11. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 16:18 gsilver

Cool to see my home state getting a release.
I'll probably pick this up the next time it has a decent sale.

I played a bit of ETS 2, and it's a fun game when I've had a stressful workday and want to relax.

10. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 15:49 Agent-Zero

still waiting for that Meth 'n Hookers DLC  

9. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 14:49 Creston

Are they talking about a paid expansion, or a free one?

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2017, 14:16 Kxmode

LiTh wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 13:11:
You guys know you can get paid to do this in real life right?

But then it would be a job. What's the fun in that?! Wacko

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2017, 13:26 eRe4s3r

LiTh wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 13:11:

Watching youtube "let's plays" of real-life truck drivers driving in real life, a truck, I would say.. no thanks. (funny that there isn't s word for real-life work streams) Maybe we ought to call it a "Let's work" instead of Let's play

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2017, 13:11 LiTh

5. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 12:58 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 11:25:
If I drive far enough south will I see a wall?

Probably not, ETS2 would have to remove the entire UK if they wanted to keep trade situations realistic in 2017+ ;p

4. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 12:26 Fusey

This game is going places.  

3. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 11:25 HorrorScope

If I drive far enough south will I see a wall?  

2. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 11:01 Kxmode

Nice! Keep on trucking SCS! One of the best chill driving games.  

1. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 09:54 NKD

Definitely need that Los Pollos Hermanos truck.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/bad_cop_no_donut - For the latest developments in police misconduct in the US.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo