Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare on Their New IP

The BioWare Blog offers "A Note About Our New IP." They say they want to offer some additional background, but you aren't going to get very fat on something with this few calories:

As we’re working hard to finish Mass Effect: Andromeda, I wanted to take a minute to talk about our new IP. As our CEO Andrew Wilson mentioned, we’re creating a unique IP that will bring players together in exciting new ways.

There’s much more to say in the coming months, but for now, I wanted to offer this additional background.

In 2012, we began crafting a new universe full of new characters, stories, and gameplay. Our ambition is simple: Draw upon 20+ years of development knowledge and lessons to create something fun and new for you to enjoy with your friends.

There’s nothing quite as exciting as building a new IP from scratch, and it will be even more thrilling for us to share more with you in the future.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Feb 1, 2017, 19:18 HorrorScope

It's going to be huuuge! No one likes new ip's more than Bioware.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Feb 1, 2017, 16:07 Eirikrautha

dangerman77 wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 23:31:
...we’re creating a unique IP...

Hmm, tell me more...

that will bring players together in exciting new ways.

Oh fuck off.

This one will allow you to romance your pets, along with every sentient species in the galaxy (male, female, or one of the 47 other "genders"), several mechanical companions, and various parts of your environment. Show what a mature gamer you are through several passionate cutscenes dedicated to sex with your filing cabinet...

11. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Feb 1, 2017, 02:22 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 00:34:
Curse you, old age and death! Now only Beamdog is potentially going to make BG3!

*EDIT* Reading up on this, it's not even going to be a RPG apparently, but an "action-adventure" game...

Just be thankful it's not a MOBA.
Baldur's Gate 3 - MMO ARPG MOBA crossover confirmed!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

10. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Feb 1, 2017, 00:34 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 00:01:
I'll check it out when they actually have something to show, but any sort of multiplayer focus = terrible for a RPG.

Also, as we all know, this is not the Bioware of old. Almost all of those guys are retired or dead at this point.

Curse you, old age and death! Now only Beamdog is potentially going to make BG3!

*EDIT* Reading up on this, it's not even going to be a RPG apparently, but an "action-adventure" game...

Just be thankful it's not a MOBA.

Stay a while, and listen.

9. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Feb 1, 2017, 00:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'll check it out when they actually have something to show, but any sort of multiplayer focus = terrible for a RPG.

Also, as we all know, this is not the Bioware of old. Almost all of those guys are retired or dead at this point.

8. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 23:42 Cutter

Well, maybe if they made a new CRPG-maker like NWN I'd go all in, but yeah, otherwise I'm in no rush for any of their games anymore.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

7. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 23:31 dangerman77

...we’re creating a unique IP...

Hmm, tell me more...

that will bring players together in exciting new ways.

Oh fuck off.

6. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 22:42 Paranoid Jack

NetHead wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 21:27:
Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 21:09:
Prior to EA that would be exciting, now not so much.

Absolutely.

Baldur's Gate > Neverwinter Nights > KoTOR > Jade Empire > New Franchise, sounds exiting.

Instead I don't really care, especially not with this useless "news" release.

The only thing BioWare has made since EA that was a nice surprise was Dragon Age Origins. Just look how that that turned out....

My thoughts exactly. I bought all three DA games but only really liked the first. I enjoyed the next two to a certain point but felt burnt by them. I am not buying another Bioware game anytime soon. And never again on initial release at full price.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2017, 21:50 Task

Is this that game that nobody guessed? I recall the dev saying they walked around with a shirt or some such hinting the new IP.  

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

4. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 21:27 NetHead

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 21:09:

Absolutely.

Baldur's Gate > Neverwinter Nights > KoTOR > Jade Empire > New Franchise, sounds exiting.

Instead I don't really care, especially not with this useless "news" release.

The only thing BioWare has made since EA that was a nice surprise was Dragon Age Origins. Just look how that that turned out....

3. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 21:14 Creston

Last time they announced a new IP they canceled it five or so months later, so eh.

2. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 21:09 Cutter

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

1. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 20:47 Bill Borre

Wow. They've been working on it for five years and we haven't heard a word about it? They're certainly keeping it under wraps.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo