Conan Exiles Early Access

Funcom now offers early access to the Windows edition of Conan Exiles on Steam, offering an open world survival game set in Robert E. Howard's Hyborian Age. They support the game with the launch of a new Conan Exiles website with information and forums and celebrate the news with an early access launch trailer. Here's word on the game and plans to bring it to other platforms:
Conan Exiles is an open-world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian, the world's greatest fantasy hero. The game can be played on private and public servers, either in multiplayer or local single-player. In the world of Conan Exiles, survival is more than tracking down food and water. Journey through a vast, seamless world filled with the ruins of ancient civilizations, uncovering its dark history and buried secrets as you seek to conquer and dominate the exiled lands. Conan Exiles was released into Early Access on the PC on 31 January 2017 and will hit the Xbox One Game Preview Program in Spring 2017. The game will also make its way to PlayStation 4 at a later date.

View : : :
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Conan Exiles Early Access
Feb 5, 2017, 20:27
Ant

Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 5, 2017, 20:27
Feb 5, 2017, 20:27
 Ant

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 17:10:
Trailer looks super good, game plays like shit, lags horribly, combat is extremely clunky. But you can drag your 12" dick over your dead opponent and look at giant silicone tits.
Marketing always look good.
Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

Feb 1, 2017, 17:16
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 17:16
Feb 1, 2017, 17:16

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 13:04:
Will this be the nail in Funcoms Coffin?

I'm hoping they found a home, they always reached to far out being married to mmo's only. This looks like something they can handle. I'm looking forward to see how it progresses.

Feb 1, 2017, 17:10
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 17:10
Feb 1, 2017, 17:10

Trailer looks super good, game plays like shit, lags horribly, combat is extremely clunky. But you can drag your 12" dick over your dead opponent and look at giant silicone tits.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Feb 1, 2017, 16:08
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 16:08
Feb 1, 2017, 16:08

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 13:04:

Doubt it. The game is selling very well, currently top of the charts. The market for this type of game is huge and 'assumming' the devs keep working well on it, this game could be the best in its segment. You may not like the EA system or survival games, but there is a lot of money here to be had and its a growing genre.

Feb 1, 2017, 13:04
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 13:04
Feb 1, 2017, 13:04

Feb 1, 2017, 08:50
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 08:50
Feb 1, 2017, 08:50

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 17:44:
heres their plans for the future

“Full and final launch will happen later – we do not expect Early Access to last more than a year,” it said.

Conan Exiles upcoming features
Mounts and taming: Later in Early Access we’ll implement mounts and a way to tame them. Mounts will function as transportation methods, and we hope to add mounted combat, but we won’t implement warmounts that fight for you.
Expanded religion system: We want to expand it with doctrines that require you to act a certain way for a period of time in order to gain favor from your god.
Siege weapons: We’re working on implementing the trebuchet into the game soon, allowing you to attack other player’s fortifications with massive rocks. We’re also going to let you shoot rotting corpses with the trebuchet!
Clothes customization: We want players to express themselves through the clothes their exile wears, which is why we will soon implement a system for players to dye and customize their clothes.
Expanded thrall system: For now thralls act as guards or craftsman. We wish to expand this system to thralls can also work as hunter/gatherers for the player. Thrall scheduling and city management will also be added to the game, as well as thrall upkeep with food.
Biomes: We launch with the desert biome and will add other biomes during the Early Access period.
Hitbox damage: We will set up damage amounts for the different body parts during Early Access.
Sorcery system: Magic is an important part of Conan’s world and so it will be a part of Conan Exiles. You won’t get access to fireball and similar types of combat magic, but going from a starving exile to a dark sorcerer will be a path you can take. It will, however, be long and difficult.

Thanks for that. Sounds like typical Funcom lip service, but Ill give em the benefit of the doubt. Will wait for a year and see where they are at.

Feb 1, 2017, 08:48
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 08:48
Feb 1, 2017, 08:48

clint wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 15:55:
Quite a lot fun with friends. hosted with 2 friends co-op for 6 hours and loved the exploration of the new world. Got our moneys worth. Heaps to do, plenty of immersion, seems to be a involving story so potentially awesome if you like these type of games. Had more fun in this than a lot of those $60+ games that came out recently and I've just started. Single player would likely get boring after a short while, and the public servers likely a hit and miss affair. But highly recommend coop with a few friends.

Reading most of the negative comments on steam, people have real issues with EA games (but bought this one), expected bug free, lag free experience on day one, couldnt run the game on their pc, or seem to hate survival games in general (yet bought this one)?? Steam is filled with lots of cranky people giving real hatred filled reviews on games that they have played for less than a hour. Imagine reviewing the first halflife before the train ride is over, or oblivion before you get out of the sewers into the world. Too many people who hate games in general but review for the world to see. /rant

Yep, same gameplay experience here, I've been having a lot of fun solo on local. I knew better than to try and hop right on the servers. Right now I'm having a blast learning the mechanics, building stuff and exploring. I intend on hopping on the Blitz PVP when they get their stuff more stable and raise the player cap back up to 70.

I agree, also, about the Steam reviews. Honestly the game is in much better shape than I expected at this point so I am hopeful for the launch product.

Jan 31, 2017, 17:44
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 17:44
Jan 31, 2017, 17:44

heres their plans for the future

“Full and final launch will happen later – we do not expect Early Access to last more than a year,” it said.

Conan Exiles upcoming features
Mounts and taming: Later in Early Access we’ll implement mounts and a way to tame them. Mounts will function as transportation methods, and we hope to add mounted combat, but we won’t implement warmounts that fight for you.
Expanded religion system: We want to expand it with doctrines that require you to act a certain way for a period of time in order to gain favor from your god.
Siege weapons: We’re working on implementing the trebuchet into the game soon, allowing you to attack other player’s fortifications with massive rocks. We’re also going to let you shoot rotting corpses with the trebuchet!
Clothes customization: We want players to express themselves through the clothes their exile wears, which is why we will soon implement a system for players to dye and customize their clothes.
Expanded thrall system: For now thralls act as guards or craftsman. We wish to expand this system to thralls can also work as hunter/gatherers for the player. Thrall scheduling and city management will also be added to the game, as well as thrall upkeep with food.
Biomes: We launch with the desert biome and will add other biomes during the Early Access period.
Hitbox damage: We will set up damage amounts for the different body parts during Early Access.
Sorcery system: Magic is an important part of Conan’s world and so it will be a part of Conan Exiles. You won’t get access to fireball and similar types of combat magic, but going from a starving exile to a dark sorcerer will be a path you can take. It will, however, be long and difficult.

Jan 31, 2017, 17:26
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 17:26
Jan 31, 2017, 17:26

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Saints Row 3/4 had a package slider, now a full Dick/ball slider! Fucking sexist assholes!

Jan 31, 2017, 17:25
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 17:25
Jan 31, 2017, 17:25

Yeah, watched and hour or two of Twitch streams it's most definitely very early access, like early alpha access from the looks of. If you already own ARK, Subnautica, or any one of a hundred other survival games there's little point in jumping in on this as it looks to be at least a year out, more likely 2. As LittleMe mentioned, it's nuckin' futs they'd want full price for early adopters so yeah I'd wait for several months or at least a price drop/sale.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jan 31, 2017, 17:22
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 17:22
Jan 31, 2017, 17:22

Malvok wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 14:28:
Teabagging simulator.

No, that would be Ubisoft's game Steep.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jan 31, 2017, 17:15
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 17:15
Jan 31, 2017, 17:15

quite a bit like ark, but alot more lore, a bit more push to build up and conquer the world but still a immersive sandbox. It is very rpg like with leveling up with experience, finding resources, keep your character alive, earn your armor and weapons, explore the huge world. This is not a first person shooter. The more skill comment is up for argument and I would suggest you check out some youtube before investing.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2017, 17:26.

Jan 31, 2017, 16:50
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 16:50
Jan 31, 2017, 16:50

Is this game like Ark, where time played is more important than skill?

Jan 31, 2017, 15:58
Ant

Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 15:58
Jan 31, 2017, 15:58
 Ant

Still haven't tried the original AoC. Haha. I don't think I will ever will too.
Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

Jan 31, 2017, 15:55
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 15:55
Jan 31, 2017, 15:55

Quite a lot fun with friends. hosted with 2 friends co-op for 6 hours and loved the exploration of the new world. Got our moneys worth. Heaps to do, plenty of immersion, seems to be a involving story so potentially awesome if you like these type of games. Had more fun in this than a lot of those $60+ games that came out recently and I've just started. Single player would likely get boring after a short while, and the public servers likely a hit and miss affair. But highly recommend coop with a few friends.

Reading most of the negative comments on steam, people have real issues with EA games (but bought this one), expected bug free, lag free experience on day one, couldnt run the game on their pc, or seem to hate survival games in general (yet bought this one)?? Steam is filled with lots of cranky people giving real hatred filled reviews on games that they have played for less than a hour. Imagine reviewing the first halflife before the train ride is over, or oblivion before you get out of the sewers into the world. Too many people who hate games in general but review for the world to see. /rant

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2017, 16:09.

Jan 31, 2017, 15:44
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 15:44
Jan 31, 2017, 15:44

what a surpise, another early access multiplayer survival shitfest. at least it looks better than most.

Jan 31, 2017, 15:22
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 15:22

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 14:45:
I also have a much smaller msata drive (salvaged from a dead NUC) that houses my Microsoft Store games, because they don't accurately report the space they eat to the OS. Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3 and Killer Instinct eat up the entire damn thing though, so I'm probably gonna be upgrading it if I'm still occasionally playing Gears when Crackdown 3 comes out. Although to be fair, KI's probably first on the chopping block.

Bit confused by this mate? i also install my Windows store games on a differnt drive, but i dont get the comment

"because they don't accurately report the space they eat to the OS."

Add remove programs says gears is 96 GB; the directory its in is 94 GB, what am i missing?

/
Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

Kxmode

Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 15:22
 Kxmode

I'll just stick with Stardew Valley. More calm and peaceful.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Jan 31, 2017, 14:45
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 14:45
Jan 31, 2017, 14:45

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 12:03:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 11:44:
My games drive is a 1tb SSD, and I regularly have to decide what stays and what goes.

How many games you playing at once? I'm using a 500 gig SSD and it's never more than half full. I only have about 4-5 games installed at a time because I'm not playing more than that.

it's a mix of "games perpetually installed for lans" (yep, we still do them, and this is a very large part of it), "huge games that I may be taking a break from", "games I'm playing currently" and "games I installed with the intent of getting my attention so I play the damn things". Not a fan of constantly reinstalling, my internet is currently painfully slow.

I also have a much smaller msata drive (salvaged from a dead NUC) that houses my Microsoft Store games, because they don't accurately report the space they eat to the OS. Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3 and Killer Instinct eat up the entire damn thing though, so I'm probably gonna be upgrading it if I'm still occasionally playing Gears when Crackdown 3 comes out. Although to be fair, KI's probably first on the chopping block.

Jan 31, 2017, 14:28
Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Jan 31, 2017, 14:28
Jan 31, 2017, 14:28

Teabagging simulator.
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older