Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced

Fig is now hosting a crowdfunding campaign for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, an RPG sequel from Obsidian Entertainment. The campaign is just beginning, but is already well on its way toward its initial funding goal of $1,100,000. Here's a campaign launch trailer with a look, and here's a bit on the plan:
Obsidian Entertainment proudly presents the sequel to our crowdfunded and critically-acclaimed role-playing game, Pillars of Eternity. Welcome to Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. With Pillars II, we are revisiting the rich narrative, beautiful environments, and tactical combat that made Pillars of Eternity one of the highest-rated PC games of all time. Having a development team of over 77,000 people made the first game possible, but your feedback and community support made it amazing! Our team wants to take you on a second journey to Eora. We couldn't be more excited to get all of you involved in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

Explore Deadfire
Voyage by land and sea across the myriad islands of Deadfire to discover new cultures and environments. Help to resolve a multi-layered conflict between the locals, ambitious trading companies, and bands of fierce pirates while following in the footsteps of Eothas.

A Living, Breathing World
The people of Deadfire have lives of their own, jobs to do, and appointments to keep. They will carry on with their affairs even when you're not watching. If you donít find the street gang in their usual haunt, a street urchin might be persuaded to tell you that at night youíll find them at their flop house.

New and Returning Companions
While some familiar faces will be returning, Deadfire will also present a fresh crop of travelers with stories of their own. Companions are tightly intertwined with the fate of Eothas and the Deadfire and will change based on the player's choices over the course of the story.

Enhanced Reactivity
Continue the story you began as the Watcher of Caed Nua in Pillars of Eternity, and see how your decisions and actions in the Dyrwood persist in Deadfire.

View

31. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Jan 27, 2017, 11:18 Leper

Lord Tea wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 02:56:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 21:43:

*EDIT* Ugh, Fig, yet another crowdfunding platform. Oh well, I'll still contribute.

Oh well, I won't.

Because
1) There is no reason to do this on Fig instead of Kickstarter which worked just fine for the first game.

2) I'm not willing to give away my CC info to yet another crowdfunding platform for, maybe, a single pledge.

3) Once fully funded the game will be available for purchase at STEAM/GOG anyway.

You are free to do what you want, but for 1) you are arguing that monopolies are good. What if by using Fig instead of Kickstarter they save money and have more to put towards game development?

2) Most companies won't store your CC info unless you specifically ask them to. It may even be illegal to do without your consent. If you're worried about them stealing it, your CC has fraud protection which means you'll be reimbursed for charges that you don't make. I can't count how many companies I've used my credit card through. I watch my statements but haven't ever seen anything suspicious.

3) Yes, as long as it gets funded it will be available on Steam, etc. I guess the old argument is whether you want to give them your money now so they potentially have more money for development or if you want to give them your money later to reward them for a job well-done or so they potentially have more money for their next game. Totally your choice.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 26, 18:57 Re: Morning Legal Briefs Task
  2. Jan 26, 19:02  Re: Morning Legal Briefs mellis
  3. Jan 26, 19:09   Re: Morning Legal Briefs nin
  14. Jan 26, 23:04    Re: Morning Legal Briefs Creston
  16. Jan 26, 23:30     Re: Morning Legal Briefs Task
  17. Jan 26, 23:33      Re: Morning Legal Briefs Creston
  27. Jan 27, 07:40       Re: Morning Legal Briefs nin
  30. Jan 27, 10:39        Re: Morning Legal Briefs Creston
  33. Jan 27, 11:23         Re: Morning Legal Briefs Paranoid Jack
  18. Jan 26, 23:34      Re: Morning Legal Briefs HorrorScope
  7. Jan 26, 20:11  Re: Morning Legal Briefs CJ_Parker
  4. Jan 26, 19:31 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced eRe4s3r
  5. Jan 26, 19:50 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced NetHead
  6. Jan 26, 20:03 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Task
  8. Jan 26, 20:40  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced nin
  9. Jan 26, 20:46 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Cutter
  10. Jan 26, 21:43  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced MoreLuckThanSkill
  11. Jan 26, 21:51   Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced nin
  15. Jan 26, 23:27    Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced MoreLuckThanSkill
  20. Jan 27, 00:13   Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Cutter
  26. Jan 27, 05:38    Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Droniac
  29. Jan 27, 10:36    Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced HorrorScope
  23. Jan 27, 02:56   Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Lord Tea
  24. Jan 27, 03:20    Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced VaranDragon
  25. Jan 27, 03:55    Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Paragon of Virtue
>> 31. Jan 27, 11:18    Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Leper
  35. Jan 27, 12:13     Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Creston
  36. Jan 27, 13:55      Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced nin
  37. Jan 27, 15:56       Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced MoreLuckThanSkill
  38. Jan 27, 16:00        Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced nin
  40. Jan 27, 20:34         Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced MoreLuckThanSkill
  41. Jan 27, 21:36          Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced nin
  42. Jan 28, 02:34      Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Dev
  12. Jan 26, 22:23  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Redmask
  21. Jan 27, 00:16  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Tipsy McStagger
  13. Jan 26, 23:03 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Creston
  19. Jan 27, 00:06  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced eRe4s3r
  39. Jan 27, 18:57   Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Osc8r
  22. Jan 27, 02:07 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Retired
  28. Jan 27, 09:46 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Verno
  32. Jan 27, 11:22 Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Ozmodan
  34. Jan 27, 12:08  Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced HorrorScope