Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 16:26 eRe4s3r

swedishfriend wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 12:12:
It is amazing that they are admitting it was a design problem along with the manufacturing problems. They handled every step of this as best they could it would seem to me. Other than the rushing of a new design with new manufacturing process so that it was not tested well enough. That part they really messed up. Everything after that, great!

Yeah but the really funny bit is that if you are German, you know what the TÜV Rheinland actually is and does, and this entire news becomes far more mind blowing then

It is however extremely interesting that this wasn't just 1 bad battery but a total and complete design and quality control fuck-up that spread not just over the case but also over 2 totally different battery fabs. One wonders what this says about the quality of Li-ion battery packs in general though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 15:24 HorrorScope

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 13:50:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 12:49:
Isn't the root cause the batteries are acceptable to fires?

Um... You mean "susceptible?"

LOL yes, it wasn't coming to me and I knew it. But oddly enough acceptable isn't all that far off.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 13:50 ForgedReality

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 12:49:

Um... You mean "susceptible?"

DrSquick wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 13:24:
Hmm, that's a pretty impressive debrief to the public honestly... I was expecting them to shirk the blame off on some supplier and say they won't be using them any more.

Well, I mean, one of the suppliers is Samsung themselves, so, they pretty much have to know what happened so they can fix it.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 13:24 DrSquick

Hmm, that's a pretty impressive debrief to the public honestly... I was expecting them to shirk the blame off on some supplier and say they won't be using them any more.  

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 12:49 HorrorScope

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 12:12 swedishfriend

It is amazing that they are admitting it was a design problem along with the manufacturing problems. They handled every step of this as best they could it would seem to me. Other than the rushing of a new design with new manufacturing process so that it was not tested well enough. That part they really messed up. Everything after that, great!  

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 11:11 RedEye9

causes

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo