Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

Need a hug? You're in luck, as today is Happy National Hugging Day in the U.S. This is something that's catching on, as the Wiki says this is "celebrated" in other countries now as well. Now get out there and do your part. Well, maybe take a shower first.

Huggy Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Rogue Quest 2.
Stories: Donald Trump Quoted Bane from The Dark Night Rises in His Inaugural Address.
Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Is Selling Jade Eggs For Your Vagina. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Science: With Trump in Charge, Climate Change References Purged From Website.
Media: FINAL FANTASY XV (Honest Game Trailers).
Resident Evil Franchise Recap - With Milla Jovovich.
Where does my dog go all day?
Follow-up: A Totally Free EpiPen Alternative Will Soon Hit the Market.
A Dog's Purpose Author W. Bruce Cameron Speaks Out About Controversial Video.
View
105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

105. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 15:46 Quboid

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 15:17:
Quboid wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 09:21:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:13:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:02:
Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:58:
I hear "alternative facts" is their latest name for lies.

I reject reality and substitute my own.
Hehe, yeah, I love how suddenly the government is criticized for its lies (and pretty irrelevant ones at that). I wish the oh so morally superior left would have done that in Obamas legislation too. Would have saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives in the Middle East/North Africa/Ukraine and problems (terror attacks, exhaustion of social systems, splitting of societies, more dying foreign and domestic people) for western countries resulting from that.

Obama was criticised too, when people thought it was deserved. You listed things that have little or nothing to do with him but he got criticised for actual things. If you don't know this, you have been in an echo chamber.

Yep. So many only see what they want. Yes Obama has been baptized daily on facebook for years, everything he did was wrong, lies and evil by the other side. If he said Sun rises in the east... they would have twisted it to be wrong in some manner. That is the ole Party First people that don't consider themselves party first (they are).

I mean by his own voters. Not as much as people who didn't vote for him, but that's to be expected and would be even if there wasn't racist birthers and such like on his back.

That "morally superior" is tribal bullshit too. Some people of every ideology act like they're morally superior in some ways, obviously, but mostly this criticism and accusations of virtual signalling is just a way to deflect. Muscular Beaver, do you think this is a left-wing only thing?

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2017, 18:58.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

104. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 15:17 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 09:21:

Hehe, yeah, I love how suddenly the government is criticized for its lies (and pretty irrelevant ones at that). I wish the oh so morally superior left would have done that in Obamas legislation too. Would have saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives in the Middle East/North Africa/Ukraine and problems (terror attacks, exhaustion of social systems, splitting of societies, more dying foreign and domestic people) for western countries resulting from that.

Obama was criticised too, when people thought it was deserved. You listed things that have little or nothing to do with him but he got criticised for actual things. If you don't know this, you have been in an echo chamber.

Yep. So many only see what they want. Yes Obama has been baptized daily on facebook for years, everything he did was wrong, lies and evil by the other side. If he said Sun rises in the east... they would have twisted it to be wrong in some manner. That is the ole Party First people that don't consider themselves party first (they are).

103. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 23, 2017, 10:52 Beamer

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:57:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:32:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:04:
Saboth wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:30:
So Sean Spicer (Trump's press secretary) just had a press conference where he literally yelled at the media for accurately reporting the fact Trump had about 60% fewer in attendance at his inauguration than Obama did in 2009. Photo evidence proves about 1/2 as many showed up as Trump prepared for. Thousands of people on the ground confirmed the numbers. He is using the number of Metro riders as proof X amount of people were at the inauguration, but Trump protestors were also using the Metro yesterday and today. In fact, many estimate the number of protestors today dwarfed the number that turned out for Trump's big day. Sad to see the *White House Press Secretary* yelling at the media for reporting facts on Trump because it bruises Trump's fragile ego.

Yeah, kinda stupid statement. I would have put it better:
"Look at the weather and compare it to Obamas inaugurations."

Obama's 2009 inauguration was in the high 20s. Trump's was high 40s, with some light rain.

http://wtop.com/weather/2017/01/inauguration-weather-friday-years/slide/1/
Rain at those temperatures can mess you up really badly.
I shouldnt have to tell you that.

Whether (heh, "weather!") true for all/most or not, a proper politician would have gone with what you're saying. That's spin. It isn't a lie, but it's a new angle to view the facts.

Instead, they just made up facts, then got angry when people disagreed. You're right, being rained on in 40 degree weather is really unpleasant. Is that worse than 20 degree weather? Depends on the person, but it's a perfectly valid belief for why crowds were down.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

102. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 09:21 Quboid

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2017, 09:36.

101. Where's my hug? Jan 23, 2017, 05:06 Ant

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

100. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 04:40 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 19:25:
El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:27:
I would have voted for Bane if he had run against Merkel..... that's how disillusioned I am of politics. I thought Trumps election speech was something straight out of a Game. And it's problematic no doubt when video game "speeches" resonate with me far more than real speeches. COD had a few of those, and the trailer they released with the general giving his speech imo could have been 1:1 Trumps election speech.

Weird time to be living in

Go and watch some old speeches by Helmut Schmidt. They prove that not all politicians produce only mindless drivel.

https://youtu.be/aMxJ0Kn1r6o

To all non-German speaking guys here, this is a speech by one of the most intelligent politicians EVER. Unfortunately it is in German, so you might want to skip it.

Unfortunately the party that the SPD now is would never produce a politician of this level, not after Schröder ruined that party. And my favorite politician speeches are still from Gysi... sadly he was in the wrong party. I mean just look at our next chancellors... Merkel or Gabriel, that's like pest or cholera. None of them can incite any emotions, none of them have the gravitas for giving speeches, speeches which would be absolutely vital in todays time to give the German population some guidance and vision for the future.

As I said, I would vote Bane over Merkel, I wouldn't even think twice if that were a choice during election. Sadly it is not. ^^ The only realistic other choice is the cash-bag Gabriel, a politician who lives and breaths for industry interests, and doesn't know what voters are unless he needs to be elected. Bah
Sahra Wagenknechts speeches are much better than anything Gysi ever said. Actually Gysi went even more bonkers than Merkel in the refugee crisis. But too bad the rest of her party doesnt support her much.

And even worse, next elections are gonna be a sad thing indeed. Don't need to be a sage to predict that mess is gonna be yet again SPD/CDU and 1 other party. Might be a good time to start paying to some chaos god. (Yes, paying, I am not religious, and I hear chaos gods take bribes and sacrifice ;P)

99. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 23, 2017, 02:57 Muscular Beaver

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:32:
So Sean Spicer (Trump's press secretary) just had a press conference where he literally yelled at the media for accurately reporting the fact Trump had about 60% fewer in attendance at his inauguration than Obama did in 2009. Photo evidence proves about 1/2 as many showed up as Trump prepared for. Thousands of people on the ground confirmed the numbers. He is using the number of Metro riders as proof X amount of people were at the inauguration, but Trump protestors were also using the Metro yesterday and today. In fact, many estimate the number of protestors today dwarfed the number that turned out for Trump's big day. Sad to see the *White House Press Secretary* yelling at the media for reporting facts on Trump because it bruises Trump's fragile ego.

Obama's 2009 inauguration was in the high 20s. Trump's was high 40s, with some light rain.

Rain at those temperatures can mess you up really badly.
I shouldnt have to tell you that.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

98. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 23, 2017, 02:32 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

97. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 02:13 Muscular Beaver

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2017, 02:26.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

96. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 02:04 Muscular Beaver

95. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 02:02 Muscular Beaver

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 19:25:
El Pit wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 14:27:
I would have voted for Bane if he had run against Merkel..... that's how disillusioned I am of politics. I thought Trumps election speech was something straight out of a Game. And it's problematic no doubt when video game "speeches" resonate with me far more than real speeches. COD had a few of those, and the trailer they released with the general giving his speech imo could have been 1:1 Trumps election speech.

Weird time to be living in

Go and watch some old speeches by Helmut Schmidt. They prove that not all politicians produce only mindless drivel.

https://youtu.be/aMxJ0Kn1r6o

To all non-German speaking guys here, this is a speech by one of the most intelligent politicians EVER. Unfortunately it is in German, so you might want to skip it.

Unfortunately the party that the SPD now is would never produce a politician of this level, not after Schröder ruined that party. And my favorite politician speeches are still from Gysi... sadly he was in the wrong party. I mean just look at our next chancellors... Merkel or Gabriel, that's like pest or cholera. None of them can incite any emotions, none of them have the gravitas for giving speeches, speeches which would be absolutely vital in todays time to give the German population some guidance and vision for the future.

As I said, I would vote Bane over Merkel, I wouldn't even think twice if that were a choice during election. Sadly it is not. ^^ The only realistic other choice is the cash-bag Gabriel, a politician who lives and breaths for industry interests, and doesn't know what voters are unless he needs to be elected. Bah
Sahra Wagenknechts speeches are much better than anything Gysi ever said. Actually Gysi went even more bonkers than Merkel in the refugee crisis. But too bad the rest of her party doesnt support her much.

94. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 01:54 Muscular Beaver

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 13:34:
Trump's speech was interesting as a display of how little can be said in an hour long speech. And he doesn't consider himself a politician...

Recently heard some people didn't know/realize the reason they were able to get health care insurance was because of the ACA. For reasons beyond my understanding some people didn't make the connection between the two. On the one hand pretty astounding, on the other a great example of how clueless the general public is.

Only time will tell how much damage Trump can cause. I'm trying to hold out hope the anti-Trump people are overly worried. However, optimism is not my strength...
I have a few really poor friends in the US and they all tell me its too expensive for them.
Funny, huh...

93. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 23:54 Quboid

Retired wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 23:37:
SlimRam wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 23:18:
Well, on the bright side, in 6 months when the Trump supporters realize that he's done nothing to actually help them; Is a lying, misogynistic, white supremacist, anti-Islam, hate mongering, bigot with an agenda that only helps millionaires, perhaps then we'll all finally be united again as a country and agree to hate him.

Again not defending but I find irony in your comments. Considering you just explained every politician and every President.

Again, isn't the point that he's supposed to be different? Do you think that everyone who voted for Trump (except those who explicitly wanted his prejudice and bigotry) are fools who got conned?

Trump's difference is that he is much worse than the vast majority of politicians in all these regards. You know this and you know it's not true, even as an exaggeration, that this describes every politician.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2017, 00:12.

92. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 23:37 Retired

SlimRam wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 23:18:
Well, on the bright side, in 6 months when the Trump supporters realize that he's done nothing to actually help them; Is a lying, misogynistic, white supremacist, anti-Islam, hate mongering, bigot with an agenda that only helps millionaires, perhaps then we'll all finally be united again as a country and agree to hate him.

Again not defending but I find irony in your comments. Considering you just explained every politician and every President.

91. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 21:54 eRe4s3r

Saboth wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 13:53:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 13:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 12:07:
Holy Shit. I don't know what's harder to believe. Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway in charge of the ministry of misinformation, or that some simpletons actually believe this crap.
It's mind boggling.

Who are you going to believe: the great and magnificent President Donald J. Trump, first of his name, King of the Andhals and the First Men, or so called "photographic evidence"?

In this day and age? Neither

The first part is understandable, but why would you disbelieve hundreds of photos taken by hundreds of different people, as well as eyewitness accounts? Do people really believe there is some kind of mass liberal conspiracy going on between thousands of news agencies and independent bloggers where they all have a morning meeting and get their facts, photos and stories aligned just to make Donald Trump look like a buffoon? Or is it more likely Donald Trump is just a buffoon?

Oh it is very likely he is a total Buffoon. My point is that it is completely irrelevant who we believe or don't. Trump will spread the greatest lie aka, "alternate facts" if that is what his voters expect the truth to be. It doesn't matter in any way what the real truth is. Anyone opposed to Trump will always assume anything Trump says is BS, even if it isn't, and while that may be most often the "truth", reality is we at this point can no longer know for sure.

And after that election I honestly will say I don't trust ANY us media in ANY way. To me, Trump and the US media are a match made in heaven. They can tear themselves apart while I sit in Germany and laugh at the insanity and irrelevancy of topics raised by both sides. There isn't a single piece of news currently on any top US news side that isn't put into a ideological context, anti-trump news will always leave anything out that might make Obama or Bush look worse than Trump. pro-trump news will always do the opposite even if it means flat out lying.

Photo evidence might show what is truth, but interpretation by viewers/readers will always be according to their ideology. So there isn't even any "true" truth, it will always depends on which way you swing...

90. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 16:34 Saboth

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 13:53:
Holy Shit. I don't know what's harder to believe. Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway in charge of the ministry of misinformation, or that some simpletons actually believe this crap.
It's mind boggling.

Who are you going to believe: the great and magnificent President Donald J. Trump, first of his name, King of the Andhals and the First Men, or so called "photographic evidence"?

The first part is understandable, but why would you disbelieve hundreds of photos taken by hundreds of different people, as well as eyewitness accounts? Do people really believe there is some kind of mass liberal conspiracy going on between thousands of news agencies and independent bloggers where they all have a morning meeting and get their facts, photos and stories aligned just to make Donald Trump look like a buffoon? Or is it more likely Donald Trump is just a buffoon?

89. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 16:02 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

88. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 15:57 jdreyer

Dacote wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 08:48:
Redmask wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 08:35:
Fucking bleh I was hoping people got this out of their system with the election, hopefully it dies down soon.
It will die in 4 years or hopefully sooner when the cancerous orange growth is impeached.
Until then here is some more real news.
Key & Peele - Obama and Luther's Farewell Address - Uncensored
So good. Peele's Obama is so good if I closed my eyes I'd think it was actually the former pres.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

87. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 14:02 Beamer

It's mind boggling.

Shhh! We can only state government-approved facts! Do you want to disappear to Guantanamo?

If the government is reading this, Donald Trump is our Glorious Leader. He was the first man off of the Mayflower, the Constitution was his idea, he invented both Electricity and American Football on the same day, his penis is bigger than anyone else's, and he's the odds on favorite to win the Superbowl.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

86. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 13:53 eRe4s3r

It's mind boggling.

105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >