Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Evening Interviews

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 09:23 MattyC

I must be an outlier, but I can't think of any game I ever returned that wasn't because the media was defective (and I think even that only happened a couple of times).

Though I guess I would have returned Age of Conan if I could...

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 07:00 NetHead

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 02:14:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 21:41:
nin wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 21:01:
As fucked up as it sounds, I enjoyed the flash sales and checking in, even for that insane deal at 2 in the morning...

I buy a lot more at gog now anyway...back to collecting the classics.

Yup, sorry RedEye9, I'm with Nin here. Flash sales forced people to participate to get good deals and was often a community event. Everyone knows the real reason Steam stopped was because of the return policy. If it's not now, soon be will internationally enforced, after the Australian legal decision.

Gog runs flash sales, and they also have a return policy.

GOG's return policy compared to Steam is worlds apart, both in the policy and the people you deal with.

Getting into a back and forth email conversation with someone who can explain things in detail and even bring up extra things like the option of having the refund as store credit and the implications of that and how it works, is just par for the course there.

18. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 03:32 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 02:16:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 00:56:
EA customer support will get back to you within a day or so, yes, but most of their agents are borderline illiterate and completely ignorant of anything to do with the games they're answering questions about. The few times I've had to deal with those morons, I think I'd almost prefer to have never gotten a response at all...

Star Citizen support will get back to you in less than 24 hours, and they have yet to ship a single game...

Well, you kind of put an answer in that statement of why they are so quick...

What's there for them to support?

17. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 02:16 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 00:56:
EA customer support will get back to you within a day or so, yes, but most of their agents are borderline illiterate and completely ignorant of anything to do with the games they're answering questions about. The few times I've had to deal with those morons, I think I'd almost prefer to have never gotten a response at all...

Star Citizen support will get back to you in less than 24 hours, and they have yet to ship a single game...

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

16. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 02:14 jdreyer

As fucked up as it sounds, I enjoyed the flash sales and checking in, even for that insane deal at 2 in the morning...

Yup, sorry RedEye9, I'm with Nin here. Flash sales forced people to participate to get good deals and was often a community event. Everyone knows the real reason Steam stopped was because of the return policy. If it's not now, soon be will internationally enforced, after the Australian legal decision.

Gog runs flash sales, and they also have a return policy.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

15. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 02:12 jdreyer

4 hour flash sales sucked, but the daily ones were cool. Always looked forward to seeing what was on sale and featured. Probably better for my pocketbook this way though: I spend less now.

14. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 02:04 Simon Says

That pun on Kotaku...

"Gabe should run for President. Seems right up his alley considering the terms stop at 2."

LOLLLL

13. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 00:56 jacobvandy

12. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 00:26 Slick

He said the company's Steam support staff is now five times bigger than it was roughly a year ago and is operating with a new ticket system to improve response times. "We definitely don't think we've done though," he added. He said the company's biggest issue is increasing response times in other regions and languages. - ars technica

Wow, so there's a grand total of 5 now?

You know there are 3rd party companies that can handle this stuff you know, you just write a check and it's done. The Billion you made last year not enough to cover it? Being the oldest running online games store, and the most profitable, it's fucking embarrassing that EA and Ubisoft do this better, and have for years. lol "better" doesn't even describe it... e-mail, phone, and live chat support in every language. You know, what a BILLION DOLLAR CORPORATION DOES.

FUCK OFF.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

11. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 23:48 MacLeod

Ask me Anything... but I won't answer a legitimate question about HL2:E3.

Truthfully, that question deserved an answer. Understanding not saying anything about HL3 makes sense, as Valve never officially announced it. But continuing to not say anything about HL2:E3, which WAS a product and the conclusion to the episodes thing that you fucking charged people for, is still a dick move.

10. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 23:21 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 22:03:

Nothing to be sorry about, I just never found a sale to be a community event. And I sure as heck ain't ruining a nights sleep to save a dollar. Life's too short for such games. But that's just me.
Well your lucky if you can sleep, personally I wouldn't know the pleasure of sleep. Also you clearly didn't catch the GOG Insomnia sales, where lots of people were in thread. They tracking and counting sales each hour and prepping for the ones everyone wanted because there was a limited supply. Not to mention you got random free games from the sale and had a limited time to claim otherwise you would lose it.

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

9. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 22:05 RedEye9

nin wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 21:39:
Notice the timestamp of Gabe's reply...

People do know that you can view the reddit. Is someone photoshopping it already for a giggle. good for em

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

8. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 22:03 RedEye9

Nothing to be sorry about, I just never found a sale to be a community event. And I sure as heck ain't ruining a nights sleep to save a dollar. Life's too short for such games. But that's just me.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

7. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:41 Acleacius

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

6. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:39 nin

Notice the timestamp of Gabe's reply...

5. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:32 RedEye9

Task wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 21:21:
Is there a compilation yet? I'd rather read that. I skimmed through it a bit, but I liked the one part where Gabe said Valve is working on some unannounced products using the Source 2 engine lol.
I have seen some "compilation jobs" but nothing worth linking. Skimming thru a reddit looking for valuable nuggets make me want to rub feces in my hair.
It makes the average bluesnews thread look like a discussion between neuro physicists discussing the hadron collider.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

4. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:21 Task

Is there a compilation yet? I'd rather read that. I skimmed through it a bit, but I liked the one part where Gabe said Valve is working on some unannounced products using the Source 2 engine lol.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

3. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:06 SirKnight

I liked the crazy flash sales, but Gaben does have a point. I'm all for what benefits the most people possible.  

2. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:01 nin

1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 20:53 RedEye9

The best thing Gabe said is what I believe, concerning retarded flash sales etc.
We found that really short discounts made it difficult for many people to participate. By removing the flash sales, users can count on finding the best deals whenever they are able to visit the store during the sale.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >