Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 10:59:
I'm a big time Nintendo fan but I'm sitting this one out.
- Hefty price tag, no games included
- Anemic internal storage, sure its expandable but more $$$. Sure the games are on cartridges but they still need patches, DLC, etc etc.
- Very expensive peripherals, Nintendo is taking the toy approach here
- Outsourced online functionality, much of it through a smartphone app
- Paid monthly subscription for online play, not exactly a Nintendo strength in the first place
- Adding insult to injury they're offering free NES and SNES games monthly to people who subscribe...but they vanish the next month. Only Nintendo could be this stingy with 20-30 year old games.
- Even when docked Zelda is running at 900p
- 3 hour battery life (in Zelda apparently) is below even the Shield Tablet
- Confirmed launch line up is paltry yet again, Nintendo has learned nothing from its past 4 console launches apparently
Lol, even Microsoft looks at that and goes "Damn, dafuq are you guys thinking??"