Aaaaaand to prove my point, I'll do a play-by-play:
Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 10:59:
I'm a big time Nintendo fan but I'm sitting this one out.
- Hefty price tag, no games included
$300 FOR A BRAND NEW "CONSOLE" ISN'T HEFTY. DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE COMPARING THIS TO. WHAT COMPETITOR SYSTEM, WHEN NEW, LAUNCHED WITH FREE GAMES?
- Anemic internal storage, sure its expandable but more $$$. Sure the games are on cartridges but they still need patches, DLC, etc etc.
YOU REALIZE YOU'VE COUNTERED YOUR OWN POINT TWICE IN THAT STATEMENT RIGHT? DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THIS ISN'T ALL CONSIDERED WITH THE SYSTEM DESIGN?
- Very expensive peripherals, Nintendo is taking the toy approach here
HOW IS $50 FOR A CONTROLLER "VERY EXPENSIVE"? AGAIN, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE COMPARING THIS TO.
- Outsourced online functionality, much of it through a smartphone app
WAIT, SO A TECH COMPANY OUTSOURCED SOMETHING TO A GROUP THAT FOCUSES ON JUST THAT ONE THING? BLIMEY. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED A GAME'S ENDING CREDITS? THEY OUTSOURCE DEVELOPMENT TO LIKE 30 DIFFERENT STUDIOS SOMETIMES, IT'S COMMON IN THE INDUSTRY.
- Paid monthly subscription for online play, not exactly a Nintendo strength in the first place
SO "EXACTLY" LIKE THE OTHER CONSOLES.
- Adding insult to injury they're offering free NES and SNES games monthly to people who subscribe...but they vanish the next month. Only Nintendo could be this stingy with 20-30 year old games.
SO YOU'RE MAD AT FREE STUFF BECAUSE IT ISN'T THE TYPE OF FREE THAT YOU WANT.
- Even when docked Zelda is running at 900p
WHAT IS YOUR POINT? THIS IS LITERALLY THE HIGHEST RESOLUTION ZELDA GAME AT LAUNCH EVER PRODUCED, AND YOU'RE COMPLAINING!?!
- 3 hour battery life (in Zelda apparently) is below even the Shield Tablet
THE SHIELD TABLET PLAYING THIS SPECIFIC GAME? APPLES TO ORANGES. EXCEPT YOU DIDN'T REALLY NAME THE ORANGE, SO IT COULD BE APPLES TO SHARKS YOU'RE COMPARING.
- Confirmed launch line up is paltry yet again, Nintendo has learned nothing from its past 4 console launches apparently
DID YOU MISS THE FACT THAT WHAT LOOKS TO BE A RETURN TO GLORY FOR ONE OF THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE VIDEO GAME FRANCHISES ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH IS A LAUNCH DAY TITLE? I MEAN REALLY, WHAT DO YOU WANT? A NEW MARIO, METROID, ZELDA, SMASH BROS, AND POKEMON ALL ON DAY ONE!?
By the time you add second joycon, grip, external battery for travel and some games you're looking at $600+. Oh and Nintendos clownshoes online multiplayer so probably $50+ a year for that. Pro controller for $80 hahah get the fuck out of here.
THE SWITCH COMES WITH 2 CONTROLLERS, NOT SURE WHAT YOU'RE ON ABOUT. ALSO NOBODY TELL THIS GUY ABOUT XBOX LIVE FOR $60 A YEAR, AND $150 FOR THE PRO CONTROLLER, HIS HEAD MIGHT EXPLODE.
Anyways I just don't see the value there right now, big meh. Overpriced, underpowered and some frankly arrogant design decisions.
TO EACH THEIR OWN, BUT I'D REVISE YOUR STATEMENTS AND DISCERN FACT FROM OPINION.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9