Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2017, 13:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Are YOU having trouble with fake news? Check the story on snopes.com !

Share with your gullible, easily angered friends!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2017, 12:08 Beamer

Why is it that some of you (well, one of you) struggles so hard with what is and is not fake news.

"Donald Trump's daughter said she would have him arrested if not his father." This is fake news, and was actual headlines on fake news sites.

"Intelligence Agencies report WMDs in Iraq." This is not fake news.

And Task, for the love of god, stop acting as if you're the only "woke" one here. You repeat misinformation so often and act like you're the only one that can see what's going on for it. Just because you believe Alex Jones doesn't mean you're enlightened.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2017, 10:28 Task

Saboth wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 20:33:
Bodolza wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 13:15:
Trump makes unverified accusation that intelligence agencies leaked report with unverified accusations.

Orange baby-man elected due to fake news calls real news organizations "fake news".

Yes, Trump is a baby-man, but he is also a tool to be broken into and molded. Also recall that Mainstream Media has produced lies in the past. "Fake News" I hate that new phrase cooked up. The media for instance completely swallowed and gobbled up lies and 'intelligence' before both Iraq Wars, and then regurgitated them to the public in order to galvanize many into following along. I didn't much like being called a 'Saddam' sympathizer in those days for wanting peace with Iraq & Afghanistan or believing that bin Laden should not have been assassinated but brought to trial, but people all lost their collective minds like people sitting at a Roman Coliseum, wanting their bloodbath.

People really haven't been paying attention to some of his 'selections' which are more or less bottom of the barrel Deep State hacks. Presidents do not have absolute power in the U.S., that is fact. Pence, for example, is a rabid dog, like other goons in Washington that want nothing more than the continuation of Empire such as attacking Iran, violating the sovereignty of Syria, or the most dangerous thing that could ever happen: Attacking Russia. I'm doubting that could happen, but with how crazy D.C. is (both sides) and the massive debt going on, it is not unprecedented for Empires in History to do foolish things like placing troops along Russian borders within the last couple weeks, which from a Russian perspective and WW2 having affected countless generations there, is not good. There have been some smarter German politicians saying recently how dangerous it is for America and the rest of NATO to play that game ("Tanks do not create peace, anywhere,” Christian Görke). protests against the Military buildup of NATO in Europe right now (U.S. has remained largely pristine from war, while Europe bears the consequences). And all the while citizens like me really feel helpless to do anything but watch.

In any case, people seem to only now be waking up to the fact how shit U.S. politics is. I don't understand why others (not necessarily anyone here) ignored Obama's escalation of Drone Warfare, for example, which is illegal under classical international law (if it means anything anymore) and has been proven to increase "terrorism" (which is a broad definition, in other words, people out to avenge their dead). And going back to what I said about Presidents not having total power, its not necessarily all of Obama's fault for allowing the continuation of these things, as there are far far more people in government that want these things to continue and allow them to, but still holds responsibility (and people like to vent their anger more easily on one person). Things like Guantanamo still being open (illegal torture and detainment without trial), drone warfare (illegal), supporting radical groups (proven, since early 80s, also illegal), and blatantly overthrowing 'regimes' (illegal), Patriot Act, Expanded Surveillance, Expansion of Nukes now all sets precedent for any future U.S. establishment to abuse and use. Some of these were abused for 8 years, hell long before Obama as well, and now people are scared of Trump using them when they were already in use?

On a base level though for social issues on home soil, there have been improvements, on average we have it "good" still - its just a shame what my country's leaders to do others around the world. I do not feel that the U.S. is a shining beacon for true peace or democracy, but more of a bully on the world stage.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2017, 03:17 VaranDragon

Slick wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 17:04:

Just imagine Obama doing all of this. And the tidal wave of shit that would be coming his way.

Obama should have taken on the intelligence community while he had the chance and reined them in. Dismantling The Patriot Act would have been a good start and he would have been applauded for the effort. (At least from the left and the libertarian right)

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 21:33 Beamer

When your "proof" is an anonymous YouTube video by a shouty dude, you're probably brainwashed into thinking anything not mainstream must be right.  

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 21:29 HorrorScope

I agree Fake News sucks, but he still believes Pizzagate, which is about the opposite of this, Reps making shit up of Dems. He still believes in Pizzagate because no one personally showed him an official document stamped by Dr. Seuss stating it was fiction.  

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 21:24 Quboid

Exactly, far right paranoid delusions that you're brainwashed to believe and even if it wasn't, that's what you call an invasion that should spell the end for NATO? Also, migrants and Muslims, not the same thing.

This stuff is not the answer to unreliable news organisations. They have problems and prejudices of their own but this is worse.

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 20:41 DangerDog

Quboid wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 19:34:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 19:25:
as for NATO they've already failed with most European countries being invaded with muslims without even firing a shot.

Oh for goodness sake. That's a far right paranoid delusion and a fundamentally bigoted attitude. Muslims are not a brainwashed cult, despite what you've been brainwashed to believe. Sort your self out.

lol look who's "brainwashed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLd7idPF5c4

not me

20. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 20:33 Saboth

Bodolza wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 13:15:
Trump makes unverified accusation that intelligence agencies leaked report with unverified accusations.

Orange baby-man elected due to fake news calls real news organizations "fake news".

19. removed Jan 13, 2017, 19:48 Agent-Zero

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 14, 2017, 09:26.

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 19:34 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 19:25:
as for NATO they've already failed with most European countries being invaded with muslims without even firing a shot.

Oh for goodness sake. That's a far right paranoid delusion and a fundamentally bigoted attitude. Muslims are not a brainwashed cult, despite what you've been brainwashed to believe. Sort your self out.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 19:25 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 15:34:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 15:16:
I see everyone has their safty pin on today

make sure you have plenty of pampers for the next 8 years, looks like you'll need them.

Care to comment on your boy Trump continuing to rail against the intelligence services that he'll be working with? I mean, of all the partisan bullshit surrounding Trump, this has to be a bridge too far. No president has ever waged an active twitter war with the people who work to ensure their country's safety.

They're all a bunch of Obama lackeys, soon to be fired and replaced.

Zero proof that the Russian government was involved in Podesta's email "hack", and even if that were true it's not something worth starting WWIII over like so many peace loving liberals wanted to do - even some of the nutters on the right would like to like John McCain and Lindsey Graham.

I for one would love to see US and Russian relations become stronger, as for NATO they've already failed with most European countries being invaded with muslims without even firing a shot. Now countries like France, Germany and Great Britain are having regrets on flooding their countries with people who will never adapt to their culture.

meanwhile you have China rattling their little tin sabers

http://archive.is/2LNjF

as for the Clinton News Network, nothing of value will be lost when they go under.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc5p5mD08D4

As for his tax returns, he always said they would be released when the audit is done. He's also said he pays as little tax as he can probably using every trick in the book no doubt. Given the amount of waste in our government spending I would say good for him!

I would be more interested in a full audit of the Clinton Foundation than his tax returns any day.

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 17:07 Slick

Did anyone else see the Trump press conference where he said that CNN was shite, and told the reporter trying to ask a question that he was fake news, and he couldn't ask a question.

How about when asked about his tax returns, he said: "I don't think anyone cares about this, only you reporters care, the American people don't care"

If your memory is more than 3 months, you'll remember Trump repeatedly saying that he will release his tax returns after he's elected.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 17:04 Slick

Yeah, the President-Elect bashing his own intelligence services charged with keeping Americans, especially Trump himself, safe.

Pretty nuanced.

Lots of grey-area.

Lots of ways you can interpret that.

Just imagine Obama doing all of this. And the tidal wave of shit that would be coming his way.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 16:42 Quboid

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 15:40:
Also, fuck your hypocrisy. The CIA was the goddamn boogeyman of the liberal left since Reagan, now suddenly they are the good guys!

It's not that the US intelligence community are particularly good guys, they're just better than Trump or the Russian intelligence community. That's not hypocrisy, that's nuance.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 15:43 Slick

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 15:40:

make sure you have plenty of pampers for the next 8 years, looks like you'll need them.

Care to comment on your boy Trump continuing to rail against the intelligence services that he'll be working with? I mean, of all the partisan bullshit surrounding Trump, this has to be a bridge too far. No president has ever waged an active twitter war with the people who work eo ensure their country's safety.

I think the CIA and Trump are a match made in heaven. They deserve each other, they really do. Also, fuck your hypocrisy. The CIA was the goddamn boogeyman of the liberal left since Reagan, now suddenly they are the good guys! Why don't we take a stroll down memory lane and see how much good the CIA did for the USA and the World? On second thought, let's not.

*ALL intelligence agencies* agree that Russia actively tried to fuck with the USA's elections to weaken faith in their system.

I didn't defend the CIA.

I can turn your bullshit argument on it's head though, watch closely: Why are you defending Russia?

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 15:40 VaranDragon

Care to comment on your boy Trump continuing to rail against the intelligence services that he'll be working with? I mean, of all the partisan bullshit surrounding Trump, this has to be a bridge too far. No president has ever waged an active twitter war with the people who work eo ensure their country's safety.

I think the CIA and Trump are a match made in heaven. They deserve each other, they really do. Also, fuck your hypocrisy. The CIA was the goddamn boogeyman of the liberal left since Reagan, now suddenly they are the good guys! Why don't we take a stroll down memory lane and see how much good the CIA did for the USA and the World? On second thought, let's not.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 15:37 El Pit

Even 4 years will be too long! For what Clinton was almost impeached, Trump would have to be stopped just before the inauguration.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 15:34 Slick

Care to comment on your boy Trump continuing to rail against the intelligence services that he'll be working with? I mean, of all the partisan bullshit surrounding Trump, this has to be a bridge too far. No president has ever waged an active twitter war with the people who work to ensure their country's safety.

9. removed Jan 13, 2017, 15:34 Agent-Zero

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 14, 2017, 09:27.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >