Diluvion Next Month

Gambitious Digital Entertainment announces a February 2nd release date for Diluvion, Arachnid Games' submarine exploration action/adventure game for Windows and OS X. They have opened up preorders on GOG.com and Steam, and celebrate the occasion with this trailer. Here's word on the game and its preorder incentives:
Set in a vast undersea world after a flood traps humanity beneath a ceiling of impenetrable ice, Diluvion lets players captain their own submersibles on a quest for riches and survival. There are nine unique vessels to command, each upgradeable with new weapons and specialized crew members to defend against hostile ships or other terrors lurking beneath the waves in real-time 3D combat.

But fighting isn’t the only key to staying alive; players will also have to manage food and oxygen, salvage and trade loot, collect bounties, and discover the depths of a dangerous world brimming with uncharted harbors, factions, stories and secrets. Captains can even build their own home bases of operation to shelter their fleets while growing in notoriety and wealth.

Diluvion is available for pre-order now, and players who purchase it before release will receive a 15% discount, the Captain’s Journal, which documents the game’s rich lore, and a pre-order exclusive “Deringer” submarine to use in-game. A Collector's Edition version of the game will also be available at launch and will include a comprehensive digital art book, an exclusive playable submarine called “Manta,” and a downloadable copy of the game’s original soundtrack, composed by Michael Ward.

View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Diluvion Next Month
Jan 11, 2017, 11:55
Rigs

Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 11, 2017, 11:55
Jan 11, 2017, 11:55
 Rigs

KilgoreTrout wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 07:24:
I didn't get the feel of underwater at all from this video. Big ships spinning around after a hit is something that happens in the air, not in a liquid. Broke the immersion for me, but maybe I'm over-analyzing things.

No, you're right. I think if the space-genre wasn't so crowded, this game could easily had been done with a space theme. It looks as much, as you said, by the motions of the craft supposedly 'under water'. I mean, it's 2017, we have physics based engines out there, can't we have a underwater, liquid-mechanics-based game by now? I don't see why not. Maybe they just didn't have the resources to do so or it wasn't conductive to gameplay. I still would like to see one eventually, though. We have near perfect air simulations and near perfect racing sims, why not underwater? Hell, Waverace64 was fun as hell and very convincing...

=-Rigs-=
"...you're always 'Winner!' with BIG ****** RIGS!"-James Rolfe, 'AVGN'
"...for that, we salute you, you big glorious ****** RIGS!"-Matt McMuscles, 'Wha Happun?!'

Jan 11, 2017, 07:24
Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 11, 2017, 07:24
Jan 11, 2017, 07:24

I didn't get the feel of underwater at all from this video. Big ships spinning around after a hit is something that happens in the air, not in a liquid. Broke the immersion for me, but maybe I'm over-analyzing things.

Jan 11, 2017, 01:15
Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 11, 2017, 01:15
Jan 11, 2017, 01:15

rawbelly wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 22:30:
That looks super cool. And that Fireflyesque soundtrack ftw.

Reminds me of how I would picture a new Aquanox sort of.

Yeah, the sub even looks a bit like Serenity.

Color me interested for sure, but the youtube vid only has 2600 views. Doesn't bode well for sales.

Also wary of any game that compares itself to a combination of other games. Still I put it on the wishlist.
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Jan 10, 2017, 22:35
Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 10, 2017, 22:35
Jan 10, 2017, 22:35

Looks pretty interesting, but I'm wary of anybody saying Dark Souls or FTL when they talk about a game. Each of those games do certain things very well, and are enjoyable, but I think I've had it personally with 'rogue-like-like' games or 'punishment for the sake of punishment' games.

Request: more information, gameplay.

Jan 10, 2017, 22:30
Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 10, 2017, 22:30
Jan 10, 2017, 22:30

That looks super cool. And that Fireflyesque soundtrack ftw.

Reminds me of how I would picture a new Aquanox sort of.

Jan 10, 2017, 19:58
Prez

Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 10, 2017, 19:58
Jan 10, 2017, 19:58
 Prez

Well it certainly looks fantastic, but in this day and age, with everything that has happened in the past, it boggles my mind that anyone would pre-order a game. I'll pick it up the day of release if it has a smooth launch with no performance problems.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older