Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Conan Exiles Trailer

Funcom offers a new video from Conan Exiles, their open world survival game that's launching in early access on January 31st. If this is your thing, then you may also want to tune in to Funcom's Twitch channel today at 1:00 pm EST for a livestream where creative director Joel Bylos and community manager Jens Erik Vaaler will demonstrate advanced building and crafting from the game. Here's word:

In a brand new video released today, developers give a unique glimpse into the building, the crafting, and the many different ways players can destroy their enemies’ settlements in ‘Conan Exiles’.

“They say that home is where your heart is, but in ‘Conan Exiles’ home is where you keep the hearts of your enemies,” says Joel Bylos, Creative Director at Funcom. “Building is a big part of ‘Conan Exiles’ and you will need to build smart and build strong in order to defend yourself from the environment, cannibals, monsters, and of course enemy players. We are working hard to make sure players have powerful tools to build and defend their kingdoms.”

In the new video released today, Joel Bylos and Lead Designer Oscar Lopez Lacalle talk about how players can build on mountainsides using a very flexible building system, and how you and your enemies will be able to summon giant avatars of the gods that can wreak havoc and destruction on anything made by players. They highlight the fact that ‘Conan Exiles’ is anything but an empty sandbox: here players will discover remnants of ancient civilizations, and they must build on top of and in between the dilapidated ruins of vast, forgotten cities.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. AoC Jan 8, 2017, 13:01 Ant

I still haven't played the original.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 7, 2017, 11:41 Agent-Zero

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 15:31:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 14:37:
Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 13:30:
Don't go look at the front page of their website or anything....

PLAY TOGETHER OR ALONE

Play alone locally,

learn how to read

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 13:04:
Well it depends on what type of server or friends you have. For me I'll run my own (assuming it has a dedicated server option)with only those invited.

Are you trolling or just stupid?

why not both? Drummer Guitarist

19. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 23:11 Jerykk

I'd like to see a good single-player Conan RPG.  

18. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 19:44 HorrorScope

Xero wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 19:41:
I don't know, this game looks like it's 7 years too late or 7 years too old.

For survival games this is near the tops in looks imo.

17. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 19:44 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 18:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 17:57:
Timmeh wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 16:59:
I don't know..

a game that promotes slavery...

felt kind of sick in my stomach watching that part.

Yep, shit just jumped the shark.

Don't feed the trolls, brah. Slavery. Yeah, and he's one of the Trump loving clowns that support Andy Puzzler who's all for real-life slavery.

Yep that one was my bad...

16. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 19:41 Xero

I don't know, this game looks like it's 7 years too late or 7 years too old.  

Currently playing: Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 3, Shadow Tactics

15. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 18:13 Cutter

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 17:57:
I don't know..

Don't feed the trolls, brah. Slavery. Yeah, and he's one of the Trump loving clowns that support Andy Puzzler who's all for real-life slavery.

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

14. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 17:57 HorrorScope

I don't know..

13. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 16:59 Timmeh

I don't know..

12. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 15:31 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 14:37:

PLAY TOGETHER OR ALONE

Play alone locally,

learn how to read

Well it depends on what type of server or friends you have. For me I'll run my own (assuming it has a dedicated server option)with only those invited.

Are you trolling or just stupid?

Host your own server and invite others to join you in a world where you have full control of the rules and settings.

Reading comprehension FTW!

Shootin' at the walls of heartache, bang, bang, I am the warrior! Yes I am the warrior and heart to heart you win if you survive!

11. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 14:51 Orogogus

• Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 14:37:

PLAY TOGETHER OR ALONE

Play alone locally,

learn how to read

Doesn't the next sentence he quoted say, "Host your own server and invite others to join you in a world where you have full control of the rules and settings"?

10. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 14:37 Agent-Zero

PLAY TOGETHER OR ALONE

Play alone locally,

learn how to read

9. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 14:31 HorrorScope

That was always my secondary beef with Funcom, other than lying, but those guys are long gone. Is that they were adamant with trying to make a AAA mmo all the time and it seemed they didn't really have the horses for that. But bring it down a notch or two to a SP or game like this, it seems like they could shine there as they have more skill than your standard indy team learning as they go.

I was hoping H1 was going to be that AAA take on the Survival Genre, but that came out indy feeling as well. So if anyone can really delivery a AAA survival game, dedicated server, world building, along with a good AI PvE antagonist and a bit-o story, I think the gaming world in general is awaiting that, coming from the opposite other end to meet in the same place would be like making skyrim/f4 coop. All the other indy offerings still seem like two years out to have all those makings, with indy style gfx's, not AAA.

Isn't there another AAA survival game in the works? Perhaps by Epic or someone like that? Edit: Fortnight. Also State of Decay 2, should be final at release and be killer in coop.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2017, 19:17.

8. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 14:13 LittleMe

Promising. The visuals look good but the animations look limited/clunky. I expect a rough EA launch with regards to playability. Hope I'm wrong.

Thanks Cutter for the server hosting info. Good to know!

Perpetual debt is slavery.

7. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 13:30 Cutter

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 13:09:
    I'll run my own (assuming it has a dedicated server option)

keep on dreaming... this is AAA corporate stuff, not some indie bullshit

PLAY TOGETHER OR ALONE

Play alone locally, or fight for survival and dominance in persistent multiplayer on public servers. Host your own server and invite others to join you in a world where you have full control of the rules and settings.

6. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 13:29 Cutter

Well if you can build cliff dwellings that pretty much negates the giant avatar doesn't it?

5. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 13:09 Agent-Zero

I'll run my own (assuming it has a dedicated server option)

keep on dreaming... this is AAA corporate stuff, not some indie bullshit

4. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 13:04 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 12:02:
    i imagine it will quickly become a griefer paradise like all the other online survival games with persistence... they are supposed to have ways you can set up defenses while you are offline, but im skeptical to say the least how effective that will be

also the roving gangs usually dominate everything very quickly based on numbers and consecutive hours online

Well it depends on what type of server or friends you have. For me I'll run my own (assuming it has a dedicated server option)with only those invited. Yeah I need to do some more research. I'm assuming this is their survival game, like H1, 7D, Emp, Ark etc and not a std mmo in any way.

3. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 12:02 Agent-Zero

i imagine it will quickly become a griefer paradise like all the other online survival games with persistence... they are supposed to have ways you can set up defenses while you are offline, but im skeptical to say the least how effective that will be

also the roving gangs usually dominate everything very quickly based on numbers and consecutive hours online

2. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 11:49 egg_mcmuffin

"home is where you keep the hearts of your enemies." nice....i'm totally stealing that.

Keeping my eye on this but the last conan mmo was a tad underwhelming...damn 06 seemed like yesterday.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo