Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Anniversary Patch

The Diablo III website announces that the version 2.4.3 patch is now live for Diablo III, launching a new season and adding new hardware support, balance changes, items, bug fixes, and more. This also launches the new anniversary event in the action/RPG sequel, and there's more on the anniversary itself in a new article called Developer Insights: 20 years of Diablo, alongside an Anniversary Sale that's now underway. The event will only run through the end of this month, but it sounds like this will be an annual event from how the patch notes say "that future anniversary events will feature a pre-cursor event available from January 1-3." Here's more on new hardware support and the event:

• New Feature: 20th Anniversary Event
    • A mysterious group of Cultists is stirring up trouble! Hunt them down in Adventure Mode to uncover clues that reveal a portal into Tristram’s past, and rediscover the terrifying darkness that took hold of the town so many years ago…
    • This event is only available in January
      • Please note that future anniversary events will feature a pre-cursor event available from January 1-3.
  • Hardware Support
    • Support has been added for the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) SDK and Razer peripherals
      • Supported backlit keyboards will respond to certain in-game situations like Legendary and Set item drops, characters leveling up, and more
      • Players will need to update their firmware for supported devices to use this feature
    • Added a 64-bit client as default for 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
      • With this, players should see improvements to system performance and faster loading times
      • This change uses DirectX 11 natively, which brings support for normal maps, per pixel lighting and improved anti-aliasing options
      • The 32-bit client is still available as an option through the Battle.net Launcher
    • Added a screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) pixel shader option
    • Added a large cursor option
    • Improved support for 60Hz+ monitors

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 19:00 jacobvandy

Okay, so the misunderstanding is their fault for writing it strangely, but it's still a misunderstanding.

There's nothing that took place from only Jan 1st through the 3rd. The precursor thing started on the 3rd and is still active, I assume through the whole month along with the actual anniversary event. So unless they plan on bringing this back next year or every year and the precursor will be only then... Still doesn't mean much, the precursor is rather pointless.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 17:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:33:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:22:
Wow, they had mentioned the one month time limit before, but I foolishly thought they would come to their senses.

Now they say they are going to double down on that terrible idea, and make a 3 day event. ROFL. With their server issues? That should be great.

It's already the 4th, lol, so I'm not sure how you even thought that could be the case... But you're misunderstanding the bit about a little teaser "event" that went live yesterday, day before the patch. All that consists of are some unique enemies (re-colored cultists) that can spawn throughout Act I and drop pages of lore. There is an achievement for collecting them all, and that's literally all there is to that precursor "event."

Read the summary above. "future anniversary events will feature a pre-cursor event available from January 1-3."

13. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 15:35 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 15:16:
omgomgomgomg really? Oh i have to actually fire this up when I get home now, that blur was so annoying.

Yeah really, full range of MSAA

12. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 15:16 descender

omgomgomgomg really? Oh i have to actually fire this up when I get home now, that blur was so annoying.  

11. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 14:48 eRe4s3r

zip xavier wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 12:17:
Might have something to do with this

"This change uses DirectX 11 natively, which brings support for normal maps, per pixel lighting and improved anti-aliasing options"

You are right MSAA in options, FINALLY. By the gfx gods, this makes ALL the difference. Gone is the god awful blur, everything looks sharper and more defined.

For a game that is this old this is a very nice change. Now if only they'd ramp up the textures. This game begs to have a HD texture pack!

10. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 12:17 zip xavier

Might have something to do with this

"This change uses DirectX 11 natively, which brings support for normal maps, per pixel lighting and improved anti-aliasing options"

9. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 08:55 eRe4s3r

Surprisingly the game actually looks a LOT better now.. dunno why that is, but it is.  

8. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 06:10 VaranDragon

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 23:05:
If Diablo III would have released in the state it's in now, it probably would have been a critical success and felt like a proper sequel to the Diablo lineage. Shame they fucked this up so bad, but nice they've acknowledged that with the continued updates since release.

Really? So they got rid of the garbage itemization, they completely reworked the skill system to proper skill trees, they removed all the cheesy dialogue and writing, and they have proper lobbies and game hosting and PVP?

News to me...

/s

7. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 00:33 jacobvandy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:22:
Wow, they had mentioned the one month time limit before, but I foolishly thought they would come to their senses.

Now they say they are going to double down on that terrible idea, and make a 3 day event. ROFL. With their server issues? That should be great.

It's already the 4th, lol, so I'm not sure how you even thought that could be the case... But you're misunderstanding the bit about a little teaser "event" that went live yesterday, day before the patch. All that consists of are some unique enemies (re-colored cultists) that can spawn throughout Act I and drop pages of lore. There is an achievement for collecting them all, and that's literally all there is to that precursor "event."

6. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 00:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

5. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 5, 2017, 00:01 jacobvandy

nin wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 23:38:
I apparently missed the cow pet (somehow)?

Did you get the wooden leg? Salvage it.

4. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 4, 2017, 23:38 nin

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 23:05:
If Diablo III would have released in the state it's in now, it probably would have been a critical success and felt like a proper sequel to the Diablo lineage. Shame they fucked this up so bad, but nice they've acknowledged that with the continued updates since release.

Agreed. Ran through the update earlier. Not bad.

I apparently missed the cow pet (somehow)?

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

3. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 4, 2017, 23:05 Mordecai Walfish

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

2. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 4, 2017, 22:23 MrBone

*crickets*  

1. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Jan 4, 2017, 21:01 jacobvandy

Started a new character and ran through this anniversary dungeon earlier, no paragon points or crafting or even teleporting back to town at all... It's pretty cool! Lasted about an hour and a half that way, which is good because any longer and the novelty of it all would probably start to wear thin. All I've got left is running through a few more times to kill all the unique bosses for that achievement, which will be super fast with a fully-geared character.

I'm still disappointed it's just a temporary event, though, rather than a full-length remake. I guess I got my hopes up that first day the news was coming out from Blizzcon when info was limited, but it really didn't seem all that far-fetched. Maybe they'll let us keep RetroVision as a graphics option toggle?

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo