Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Firewatch Sells 1M

Campo Santo tweets about the continued success of Firewatch, their first-person exploration game (thanks GameInformer). Here's word:
Sometime late last year we sold our one millionth copy of Firewatch. Thank you all so much!
View

5. Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Jan 4, 2017, 17:38 Leper

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 16:09:
I watched a youtube series on this game- and calling it a game is a stretch. The guy broke it up into 6, 30 minute parts. We all chatted about it and had a cool little community around the series.

That said, I think I got more out of the game enjoying it that way than actually playing it. I would buy it for $5, but no more... I really don't want to support 3 hour experiences with virtually no gameplay. As good as the story is, Firewatch is shallow and empty and most definitely not worth the price. The only way I think I could buy it is if it had a good VR experience and I actually owned a VR headset.

Sorry, but it's definitely a game. The gameplay consists of finding your way to objectives using the map, deciding what dialogue options your character speaks, and enjoying the story, scenery, sounds, dialogue and atmosphere. Maybe not the most exciting game, but then neither was Myst. It sounds like you enjoyed it in your own way as well and it didn't cost you anything, so I don't know what's to complain about. What is the price exactly? I think I paid less for my lunch today.
(I looked it up and it's currently at $12).

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 4, 13:51 Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Creston
  2. Jan 4, 14:02  Re: Firewatch Sells 1M nin
  3. Jan 4, 14:08 Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Bundy
  4. Jan 4, 16:09  Re: Firewatch Sells 1M BIGtrouble77
>> 5. Jan 4, 17:38   Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Leper
  6. Jan 4, 18:25    Re: Firewatch Sells 1M xXStellarDadXx
  10. Jan 5, 01:01    Re: Firewatch Sells 1M BIGtrouble77
  11. Jan 5, 17:35     Re: Firewatch Sells 1M MoreLuckThanSkill
  7. Jan 4, 18:26 Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Acleacius
  8. Jan 4, 20:56  Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Mordecai Walfish