Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

CES gets underway on Thursday, but there are apparently journalists already hard at work digging for breaking news in Las Vegas. Last year was the year of VR, right? It will be interesting to see what this year holds... it doesn't seem like there's a set narrative yet.

R.I.P.: John Berger, Provocative Art Critic, Dies at 90.

Conventional Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Bacon May Die.
Stories: Mark Hamill's Carrie Fisher Tribute: ‘Making Her Laugh Was a Badge of Honor.’ Thanks nin.
China smog: millions start new year shrouded by health alerts and travel chaos.
With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Gut Independent Ethics Office.
Science: Emotions drive stronger memories of later, unemotional events.
Dinosaur extinction may have been affected by slow egg incubations.
Media: Plumber Causes Major Flood In Apartment.
Prime Example of Penisdolia ... I Mean Pareidolia.
Assassin’s Creed Paper Parkour.
View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Sin City Jan 8, 2017, 13:05 Ant

Wow, I was thinking of going to Sin City. It's a good thing I didn't! Too crowded!  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 14:05 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 00:52:
Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 12:35:
Microsoft may unveil Scorpio, but other than that I can't really think of anything "big" that's still in the works.

AMD's vega GPU. been waiting for that bitch for over a year. 8 gigs of HBM2 will be a game changer.

Forgotten about that, so let's hope Vega is indeed what AMD says it is. Nvidia needs competition.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 11:30 mch

I'm out here in Vegas for CES. It's the 50th anniversary of the show, if you'd like that call that a narrative.

Media events started on Tuesday...so that's why there's already stories popping up.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 09:49 Verno

AMD's vega GPU. been waiting for that bitch for over a year. 8 gigs of HBM2 will be a game changer.

Why? I remember this same spiel last year. HBM was supposed to make the Fury X some sort of wonder card with huge memory bandwidth and low power. The Fury X was still a power pig and the extra memory bandwidth didn't really seem to impact real world performance.

The only thing that excites me about HBM2 cards from Nvidia and AMD next year is that it will save some die space on the card.

Playing: Hades, Beat Saber, Control
Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ad Astra, The Office

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 04:54 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 04:05:
Microsoft may unveil Scorpio, but other than that I can't really think of anything "big" that's still in the works.

With AMD, it's always taken with a grain of salt. Remember Bulldozer? Yeah, no one else does either.

with AMD CPUs sure. but this is the old ATI we're talking about; they were always competitive with nvidia. with their latest offerings they've taken back a lot of market share with superior performance/money. vega looks like it'll be on par with the 1080ti while being somewhat cheaper.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 04:23 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 04:16:
One of the many things that makes the original trilogy so superior to new crap like TFA

I think having a strong female soon-to-be Jedi protagonist was a superior move.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 04:16 jdreyer

Mark Hamill's Carrie Fisher Tribute: ‘Making Her Laugh Was a Badge of Honor.’

One of the many things that makes the original trilogy so superior to new crap like TFA: Carrie Fisher's delicious acerbic wit.
Ford’s cynical rogue was a stock character even then, but Leia was something new, a princess who could fire back with a blaster or a cutting word, a damsel who could cause distress and not just be rescued from it. Had there been snark in space? It’s hard to imagine Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its genre-tweaking, female-centric descendants without Leia as godmother to the line.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 04:05 jdreyer

With AMD, it's always taken with a grain of salt. Remember Bulldozer? Yeah, no one else does either.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 00:52 1badmf

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 21:56 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 16:56:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 15:53:
Assassin's Creed Humble Bundle. 9 games. 15 bucks.
https://www.humblebundle.com/assassins-creed-bundle

IMHO, a great deal.

I wonder if it's an apology for the crappy AssCreed movie.

I don't know. Haven't seen it; don't care.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 19:23 Dacote

morrow wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 18:57:
I am clueless and mentally ill
We know.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 18:57 morrow

Obama and Hillary destroyed the Democrat party, they've lost nearly 1 THOUSAND seats since Obama came into office. They are poised to lose more seats in 2018. That party is so dead it's awesome, and they're not even rebuilding! It's funny watching the remnants bash Trump while citing their lying #FakeNews sources.

Keep it up snowflakes! LOL!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 16:56 jdreyer

[url=][/url]
Kxmode wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 15:53:

IMHO, a great deal.

I wonder if it's an apology for the crappy AssCreed movie.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 15:53 Kxmode

IMHO, a great deal.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 15:16 Dacote

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 13:31:

This is the year of teledildonics.
S3x and pron are the only things that drive technology.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 15:10 Pigeon

"If a constituent has a complaint, they can still lodge that complaint," Conway told NBC's "Today" show, adding that she hadn't spoken with Trump on this issue specifically. "They just can't do it anonymously. And many of these people -- members and their staffers who have been under investigation -- they have complained about their due process rights being violated and compromised. They need protections, as well."

Oh Kellyanne, how horrible that someone can report ethics violations without fear of reprisal.

Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, vowed to personally continue pressing for the ethics reforms. He said Trump's remarks "animated the press" -- leading the GOP to back away from what he said were changes that would have protected lawmakers from "public criticism that's generated by anonymous accusers."
"I'm concerned that now we have Republicans criticizing Republicans," King said. "We need to stay away from that."

We can't have republicans criticizing republicans which is why the republican controlled congress should be it's own ethics oversight... Do these guys even listen to themselves? There needs to be an app where you enter your party affiliation type in what you're going to say then it replaces your name and affiliation with that of a random member of the opposing party. If after that you're incensed by what you read you probably shouldn't say it.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 13:51 Cutter

The surprising vote came on the eve of the start of a new session of Congress, where emboldened Republicans are ready to push an ambitious agenda on everything from health care to infrastructure, issues that will be the subject of intense lobbying from corporate interests. The House Republicans’ move would take away both power and independence from an investigative body, and give lawmakers more control over internal inquiries.

Surprising to whom exactly?

“Poor way to begin draining the swamp,” Tom Fitton, president of the conservative group Judicial Watch, said on Twitter. He added, “Swamp wins with help of @SpeakerRyan, @RepGoodlatte.

Lol! There really is one born every minute isn't there?

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 13:31 jdreyer

This is the year of teledildonics.

7. Re: With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Gut Independent Ethics Office. Jan 3, 2017, 12:51 Creston

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 11:31:
With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Gut Independent Ethics Office.

they backed down, fortunately.

Edit: Redeye had already posted that.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 12:35 Creston

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >