Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard 7 Teaser- Beginning Hour Patch

A new patch is now available for Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard 7 Teaser- Beginning Hour, the recently released demo (thanks DSOGaming). This adds additional CPU support to this sample of the survival/horror sequel along with other changes. Here's word:
Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour has been updated with the following fixes and optimization.

Patch #1 Release Notes

• Game now works on CPUs without SSE4.1 functionality (e.g. AMD Phenom, Intel Core2 series)
  • Optimized HBAO+ performance
  • Fixed an issue that caused the screen size to change when switching from full screen to windowed mode.
  • In-game purchase button now correctly links to the full game store page.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard 7 Teaser- Beginning Hour Patch Dec 28, 2016, 01:14 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 20:24:
Holy crap, what is it with games not supporting SSE 4.1-less cpu's?! NMS and GTA5 both had this problem, as did DIRT Rally. They were all patched quickly and I'm not one that has this problem (Core i5/750) but still, wtf devs?

=-Rigs-=

When you code in high level IDE's with the clutch of tons of middleware it is probably very easy to include things you don't fully grasp the requirements of. And the fact that the Phenom II despite being one of the best CPU's AMD ever made lacked SSE 4.1 is not widely known, as the CPU is getting older, the problem will increase.

It's the primary reason I am hoping that Zen won't suck.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard 7 Teaser- Beginning Hour Patch Dec 27, 2016, 22:09 McJammiepants

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 20:24:
This game is looking really good...had a lot of fun with demo....

Yep. Thought I was gonna nope out after 30 minutes or so. I wound up seeing the full, nebulous puzzle to completion. I look forward to further pants shitting in late January.

2. Re: Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard 7 Teaser- Beginning Hour Patch Dec 27, 2016, 20:24 xXStellarDadXx

This game is looking really good...had a lot of fun with demo....  

I love Fortnite..keeps thy little kids out of thy good games...

1. Re: Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard 7 Teaser- Beginning Hour Patch Dec 27, 2016, 20:24 Rigs

Holy crap, what is it with games not supporting SSE 4.1-less cpu's?! NMS and GTA5 both had this problem, as did DIRT Rally. They were all patched quickly and I'm not one that has this problem (Core i5/750) but still, wtf devs?

=-Rigs-=

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >