Out of the Blue

Happy National Fruitcake Day! I actually tend to like fruitcake, but I haven't had any in a really long time, so I may not feel that way if I had some right now. Holiday foods aside, we had a rare visit to the movies on Christmas, as we went to see Rogue One. I can see why the reviews on this are mixed, as I have mixed feelings about it myself. There were parts I loved, and parts I didn't, but on balance the experience was positive, and I was happy to have seen it, and happy to have made the effort to do so in the theater. But I also just like movies in general, so in the same way I wouldn't be a good video game critic, I wouldn't be a good movie critic. Also, I probably would have considered the movie enjoyable if they just had Alan Tudyk's part surrounded by footage of cows grazing, so you may not want to go by me.

R.I.P.: Everybody Hates Chris Star Ricky Harris Dead: Actor Dies at 54.

Roguish Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Anti Chess.
Story: CHP Officers Stunned by Use of Zip Ties in Place of Car Chains.
Science: USDA Develops Rapid Test for Imported Red Fire Ants.
Disappearing Spots - Panthera.
Media: Captain Picard sings "Let it Snow!"
Fan-O-Rama: A Futurama Fan Film. Thanks HARDOCP.
Peacock Spider Christmas.
Follow-ups: George Michael's philanthropy comes to light after his death.
George Michael's boyfriend reveals he died alone at home and 'battled a secret heroin addiction.'
View : : :
62 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Dec 27, 2016, 19:22
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 19:22
Dec 27, 2016, 19:22

Everyone believes what they want to believe. Who am I to stop you? I encourage you all to enjoy your beliefs. I also encourage you to enjoy the approaching World According to Trump.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program... Bed

Dec 27, 2016, 18:57
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 18:57
Dec 27, 2016, 18:57

SlimRam wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:57:
Quboid wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:03:
Carrie Fisher has died aged 60. RIP
Unbelievable year it has been. I was told a long time ago to never say it couldn't get any worse because it always can but in this particular year's case...

Sleep now in the light, Princess

In life and on screen, a fearless fighter. I loved strong women because of you. I hope you found the peace life seemed to deny you, rebel princess.

Re: swallow your medicine
Dec 27, 2016, 18:55
Re: swallow your medicine Dec 27, 2016, 18:55
Dec 27, 2016, 18:55

Beamer wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 17:42:

And yet the most powerful people in the world, and in the drug industry, routinely die of things like cancer and heart disease.

It's plain and simple, for the conspiracy to live they must die.

edit: maybe he's rudra
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.

Dec 27, 2016, 18:43
Re: swallow your medicine Dec 27, 2016, 18:43
Dec 27, 2016, 18:43

Beamer wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 17:42:
Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 17:19:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:27:
Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:00:
big pharma is sitting on so many unused formulas it would make your head spin

I'm sure if they made those formulas available for general use without FDA approval it would literally make people's heads spin.

nothing to do with the FDA - its the same reason theres no such thing as a free energy grid

gotta keep the cattle in the pen

And yet the most powerful people in the world, and in the drug industry, routinely die of things like cancer and heart disease.

and? those are your inferences... not mine

Dec 27, 2016, 18:15
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 18:15
Dec 27, 2016, 18:15

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:50:
Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:48:
As someone who's had a couple of friends die from heroin ODs and drug related complications I know that story all too well. There is just no upside to it. I really wish people could find a better way to alleviate whatever problems they're having and stay away from that shit. Much as I disagree with prohibition on almost anything illegal, heroin is the one thing I do not.

I wish big pharma could come up with a non-addictive recreational drug that didn't kill people. Obviously people want to do this, so we should find some way of making it safe.

Ya, um, there is already such a thing, it's called marijuana, and big pharma has been doing everything in it's power to keep it illegal.

Dec 27, 2016, 17:42
Beamer

Re: swallow your medicine Dec 27, 2016, 17:42
Dec 27, 2016, 17:42
 Beamer

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 17:19:

I'm sure if they made those formulas available for general use without FDA approval it would literally make people's heads spin.

nothing to do with the FDA - its the same reason theres no such thing as a free energy grid

Dec 27, 2016, 17:40
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 17:40
Dec 27, 2016, 17:40

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 17:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:45:
I wish big pharma could come up with a non-addictive recreational drug that didn't kill people. Obviously people want to do this, so we should find some way of making it safe.
Study after study has found that legalization is the only way to stop this insanity. Until then morticians, politicians, religions, profiteers, private or government run prisons and drug kingpins will be the only ones that profit. While the rest of society suffers.

Actually there is another way (brace yourselves I'm playing Devil's Advocate). FREE DRUG CENTERS!
You enter one of these wonderful centers, sign away all rights until you leave the center sober. But here's the catch. ALL THE DRUGS YOU WANT FOR FREE! Let these idiots OD out the ass. Have transplant teams on standby. Use what parts you can and burn the rest. You OD, Government gets all of your property and auctions it off.
Ya get rid of the junkies, you clean out the gene pool, you have income for the economy, and prevent overpopulation because fucktards LOVE to fuck without protection and pop out more food stamp vacuums.

For a second there I thought you were talking about free addiction treatment instead of our current system of sending addicts to prison, but nope you went a whole other direction.

Dec 27, 2016, 17:19
Re: swallow your medicine Dec 27, 2016, 17:19
Dec 27, 2016, 17:19

Dec 27, 2016, 17:16
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 17:16
Dec 27, 2016, 17:16

Study after study has found that legalization is the only way to stop this insanity. Until then morticians, politicians, religions, profiteers, private or government run prisons and drug kingpins will be the only ones that profit. While the rest of society suffers.

Actually there is another way (brace yourselves I'm playing Devil's Advocate). FREE DRUG CENTERS!
You enter one of these wonderful centers, sign away all rights until you leave the center sober. But here's the catch. ALL THE DRUGS YOU WANT FOR FREE! Let these idiots OD out the ass. Have transplant teams on standby. Use what parts you can and burn the rest. You OD, Government gets all of your property and auctions it off.
Ya get rid of the junkies, you clean out the gene pool, you have income for the economy, and prevent overpopulation because fucktards LOVE to fuck without protection and pop out more food stamp vacuums.
Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Dec 27, 2016, 17:12
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 17:12
Dec 27, 2016, 17:12

nin wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:19:
Dacron wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:15:

some of them are practically outright cures to fatal diseases, some are virtually harmless painkillers, the list goes on forever in this case

blocking medical marijuana isnt even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the nasty, nasty things these guys are up to

dont worry - just like every other horrifying truth, what once was regarded as lunatic conspiracy theories will eventually be mainstream sadness and outrage, (usually after its far too late)

ultimately the human race is quickly reaching a period of dues paying and stress testing that IMHO they just arent prepared for in the least

it will make an interesting playground for all these kids and their potential offspring

LOL

He forgot to call everyone a monkey...

aww, still so sore... do you need a hug?

Dec 27, 2016, 16:01
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 16:01
Dec 27, 2016, 16:01
 Kxmode

Until then ... religions ... will be the only ones that profit. While the rest of society suffers.

I don't understand the correlation. Could you explain?
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Dec 27, 2016, 15:45
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:45
Dec 27, 2016, 15:45

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2016, 15:51.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.

Dec 27, 2016, 15:35
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:35
Dec 27, 2016, 15:35

Dacote wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:32:
big pharma is sitting on so many unused formulas it would make your head spin some of them are practically outright cures to fatal diseases, some are virtually harmless painkillers, the list goes on forever in this case blocking medical marijuana isnt even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the nasty, nasty things these guys are up to dont worry - just like every other horrifying truth, what once was regarded as lunatic conspiracy theories will eventually be mainstream sadness and outrage, (usually after its far too late) ultimately the human race is quickly reaching a period of dues paying and stress testing that IMHO they just arent prepared for in the least it will make an interesting playground for all these kids and their potential offspring
I bet ya'll did not know it was possible to pack so much crazy in such a small space.
You would have to use a smaller font, but for now just hide it. The lack of critical thinking skills boggles the mind.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.

Dec 27, 2016, 15:32
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:32
Dec 27, 2016, 15:32

big pharma is sitting on so many unused formulas it would make your head spin some of them are practically outright cures to fatal diseases, some are virtually harmless painkillers, the list goes on forever in this case blocking medical marijuana isnt even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the nasty, nasty things these guys are up to dont worry - just like every other horrifying truth, what once was regarded as lunatic conspiracy theories will eventually be mainstream sadness and outrage, (usually after its far too late) ultimately the human race is quickly reaching a period of dues paying and stress testing that IMHO they just arent prepared for in the least it will make an interesting playground for all these kids and their potential offspring
I bet ya'll did not know it was possible to pack so much crazy in such a small space.

Dec 27, 2016, 15:27
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:27
Dec 27, 2016, 15:27
 Kxmode

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Dec 27, 2016, 15:19
nin

Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:19
Dec 27, 2016, 15:19
 nin

Dacron wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:15:

some of them are practically outright cures to fatal diseases, some are virtually harmless painkillers, the list goes on forever in this case

blocking medical marijuana isnt even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the nasty, nasty things these guys are up to

dont worry - just like every other horrifying truth, what once was regarded as lunatic conspiracy theories will eventually be mainstream sadness and outrage, (usually after its far too late)

ultimately the human race is quickly reaching a period of dues paying and stress testing that IMHO they just arent prepared for in the least

it will make an interesting playground for all these kids and their potential offspring

LOL

He forgot to call everyone a monkey...

Dec 27, 2016, 15:15
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:15
Dec 27, 2016, 15:15

LOL
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

Dec 27, 2016, 15:10
nin

Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:10
Dec 27, 2016, 15:10
 nin

That Ford quote was from the 25th...

Dec 27, 2016, 15:07
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:07
Dec 27, 2016, 15:07
 Kxmode

"I'm shocked and saddened to hear the news about my dear friend @carrieffisher. Our thoughts are with Carrie, her family and friends." - Harrison Ford via Twitter

"no words #Devastated" - Mark Hamill via Twitter

"There are no words for this loss. Carrie was the brightest light in every room she entered. I will miss her dearly." - Peter Mayhew via Twitter

"I am extremely sad to learn of Carrie's passing. She was wonderful to work with. Condolences to her friends, family & fans around the world." - David Prowse via Twitter

"I thought I had got what I wanted under the tree. I didn't. In spite of so many thoughts and prayers from so many. I am very, very sad." - Anthony Daniels via Twitter

Noteworthy: Kenny Baker who played R2 died on August 13, 2016.

Edit: Thanks, nin.

Dec 27, 2016, 15:00
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:00
Dec 27, 2016, 15:00

62 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older