Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin

The annual Winter Sale is now underway on Steam. This offers an assortment of bargains, and Valve is tying this in with their new Steam Awards. We're not sure if there will be daily deals, but there will be daily votes. Here's word:
The Steam Winter Sale has begun, on now through January 2nd!* Save big on thousands of games for Windows, Mac and Linux!

The start of the Steam Winter Sale also marks the beginning of voting for The Steam Awards! Come back every day from December 22nd to December 30th to vote for each award, and find out the winners on New Year’s Eve.

Voting kicks off today with The "Villain Most In Need Of A Hug" Award. Here are the finalists:

Borderlands 2
Dead by Daylight
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 4
Portal 2

Remember to check back every day to see the new category and cast your vote!

*Discounts end January 2nd at 10pm Pacific, unless otherwise indicated.
View
65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

65. Portal 2! Dec 25, 2016, 16:01 Ant

I still need to buy and play it. Argh!  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

64. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 24, 2016, 23:14 Redmask

The season for giving long bad blog posts apparently Star_full Outtahere

We wish you a Merry Christmas
And a Happy New Year!

63. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 24, 2016, 16:14 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2016, 04:42:
Yeesh, guys. It's Christmas! Xmastree

Can't we just hold hands and sing Kumbaya? Handshake

I had no problem with Redmask until he told me to basically STFU because my posts exceed his fish-like attention span. In fact, except for Cutter, I have no problem with anyone here. I just give what I get. Simple as that. And it is the season for giving, ja?

=-Rigs-=

62. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 24, 2016, 04:42 jdreyer

Yeesh, guys. It's Christmas! Xmastree

Can't we just hold hands and sing Kumbaya? Handshake

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

61. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 22:31 Redmask

More crazy rambling, what a surprise. Your insults come off as attempts to win my approval. Happy trails camper.  

60. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 15:53 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:47:
At least you didn't write a novel about your hurt feelings this time. Progress was made. Keep dancing.

Actually, I edited it. Just for you. But this is the last time I'm responding to you, snowflake. So, I'll keep it short so you don't hurt yourself.

'At least I didn't write a novel about my hurt feelings'

You really are a piece of shit. Happy holidays! Blank

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 16:01.

59. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 15:47 Redmask

At least you didn't write a novel about your hurt feelings this time. Progress was made. Keep dancing.  

58. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 15:34 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 14:29:
Ok sounds good, no one cares schizo.

Schizo? Inquisitive I don't think that means what you think it means, bud. I care and that's all that matters. I realize it's the 'in' thing now to have multiple attention deficit disorders, almost like a joke on how crazy and dynamic our lives are now with all this technology but I think it's just fucking sad. I spent years in Journalism class (and a good chunk of money) only to come out hearing that 'print was dead' and people yelling in my face 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'.

Well guess what? I don't care that you need fucking drugs to keep yourself from turning into a baby with a set of keys! You don't like that I ramble on about a time that was probably before you were an itch in your daddy's pants? Too bad! Ignore me then, that's what the button is for. This very site was built on that era, one of the greatest in all of gaming. You need to take your candy-ass over to Gamespot or IGN. They'll cater to your attention-less needs...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 15:47.

57. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 14:38 Redmask

Steam is back up! Back to your regularly scheduled backlog additions.  

56. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 14:29 Redmask

Ok sounds good, no one cares schizo.

Anyone know if this dlcompare service is legit? It indexes a bunch of weird sites I haven't heard of but the prices are absurdly good. I'm assuming it isn't.

55. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 14:12 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 09:32:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 23:15:
Oh, I'm sorry, snowflake, is reading too difficult for you? Maybe you should stick to those moving pictures on that site called Youtube, staying around here might just make you confused and give you a headache. When I feel like it, I write. The urge comes less and less nowadays, I used to be prolific. But if it bothers you that much, I'll tell you what - put me on ignore 'cause I'm not going to stop.

You're boring, game on.

Oh, hmmm, well then, let me put it into a TL;DR that you're attention-starved Millennial brain can understand, k? Middlefinger

I'm boring and you're a jerk, makes us even, I guess.

Beamer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 00:13:
Also, rambly, loving trips down nostalgia alley are fine by me.

Thank you, Beamer. My faith in all geek-kind is restored...for now. Plotting

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 01:40:
The Long Dark is still in EA, but reviews are amazing. Is the game still getting constant support?

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 02:53:
The Long Dark is still in EA, but reviews are amazing. Is the game still getting constant support?
If you scroll down, where it says early access, the most recent update was Dec 20, 2016.

Personally I would go for Black Mesa first, but this does sound interesting for a cold simulator.

It gets tons of support - constant. You won't have to worry if the devs are gonna pull out on this one, they've been at it for over two years and the game has come a long way. They're very close to starting on the story-mode, which everyone is waiting for but the survival mode is still awesome and more than worth the money. I'll put my rep on The Long Dark, same with Empyrion - you won't be disappointed.

As for Black Mesa, I haven't gotten far into it but it feels like Half Life. It looks as if the original was released today. Though you have to counter your expectations that this doesn't have some snazzy modern engine behind it, like CryEngine or UnReal 4. It's Source but, compared to the actual original, it does the job. I mean, you're there for the story and the gunplay, not the pretty pictures, right? The parts where you're on the cliffside in the original pulled me right the hell out because the backgrounds were so low-res. They look better now, for sure.

If I had to pick between them, personally, though, I'd go for The Long Dark first, mainly because it's 'new' and because it's a different experience every time. You can only go through the motions of the Half Life campaign so many times. Again, my opinion, nothing more.

=-Rigs-=

54. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 14:00 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 13:41:
Lizard Squad started doing this a few years ago with PSN, XBL and Steam. It's really dumb and frustrating on Christmas break but that's exactly why they do it unfortunately.

Lizard Squad knows what is best for you : Don't stay inside and play games! Go out and get some fresh air!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

53. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 13:41 Redmask

Lizard Squad started doing this a few years ago with PSN, XBL and Steam. It's really dumb and frustrating on Christmas break but that's exactly why they do it unfortunately.  

52. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 12:21 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 10:44:
Hmm well let me put this way, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it unless you really like stealth games.

Also Steam is down right now, they are getting DDoS'd.

I guess the children didn't think the discounts were deep enough. They'd DDOS Santa if he didn't bring them EXACTLY EVERYTHING ON THEIR LIST.

51. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 12:19 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 05:24:
Does any of you own Master of Orion, the new one?
Is it worth it at 50% off ?
I've been thinking about getting it.

Also thinking about getting Invisible Inc, and Everspace

Everspace doesn't have joystick support (!) just controller. I'd hold off if that's important to you.

50. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 11:10 SpectralMeat

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 10:44:
Hmm well let me put this way, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it unless you really like stealth games.
Sweet thanks for the reply
I have more than enough games to play so I have to be more selective with what I pick up.
I'll probably just skip it for now.

Steam: SpectralMeat

49. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 10:44 Redmask

Also Steam is down right now, they are getting DDoS'd.

48. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 10:05 SpectralMeat

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 09:32:
Invisible Inc. was free with PSN this month and it wasn't bad.
Don't have a PS4

Steam: SpectralMeat

47. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 09:32 Redmask

Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 23:15:
Oh, I'm sorry, snowflake, is reading too difficult for you? Maybe you should stick to those moving pictures on that site called Youtube, staying around here might just make you confused and give you a headache. When I feel like it, I write. The urge comes less and less nowadays, I used to be prolific. But if it bothers you that much, I'll tell you what - put me on ignore 'cause I'm not going to stop.

You're boring, game on.

Does any of you own Master of Orion, the new one?
Is it worth it at 50% off ?
I've been thinking about getting it.

Also thinking about getting Invisible Inc, and Everspace

Invisible Inc. was free with PSN this month and it wasn't bad. Everspace I would avoid, I didn't care for it. I'm curious for opinions on the new MOO as well.

46. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 07:38 RedEye9

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 02:53:
If you scroll down, where it says early access, the most recent update was Dec 20, 2016.

Personally I would go for Black Mesa first, but this does sound interesting for a cold simulator.
Black Mesa released the first Xen screenshot. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/12/22/black-mesa-xen-first-screenshot/3/

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >