Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC

Two new premium DLC packs are now available for Sid Meier's Civilization VI to add the Polish kingdom and the marauding Vikings to the turn-based strategy sequel. These come alongside a winter update for all players that adds a new Earth map, a scenario menu, balance changes, and fixes. This steam post has all the details on the free patch and the two premium DLC packs, and this video provides a closer look at the Poland pack. Here's the deal:

Today, 2K and Firaxis Games revealed that Jadwiga leads Poland in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.

Jadwiga was the first female monarch of the Kingdom of Poland in the late fourteenth century and youngest daughter to Louis the Great.

Her reign began in 1384, with her early years being categorized by earning the respect and loyalty of Polish nobility, ruling side-by-side with Lithuanian king Wladyslaw II Jagiello. Jadwiga was an expert mediator, protected the poor, and was a devout Christian who later became canonized as a saint by the Roman Catholic Church in 1997. She founded a special college for Lithuanians in Prague but perhaps is best known for her work helping to restore the University of Krakow, which would go on to become the center of Polish culture.

The Poland Civilization and Scenario Pack is available starting today. This premium DLC adds Poland, leader Jadwiga, and new scenario, “Jadwiga’s Legacy”, to Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.

Also available starting today is the Vikings Scenario Pack. In this premium DLC bring Europe under your rule as the mightiest Viking lord in “Vikings, Traders and Raiders!” – the most detailed scenario released yet for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. The Vikings Scenario Pack also includes six new City-States and three new Natural Wonders for use in the base game of Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.

Both of these packs, which are included in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI – Digital Deluxe and available for purchase individually, are released alongside the ‘Winter 2016 Update’ for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. This update adds a new Earth Map, Scenario Menu, various game updates, balance changes and fixes.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 22, 2016, 00:27 Tumbler

Ai still seems incompetent. Played 2 games today, first one I got rushed by a horde of warriors from brazil. Was shocked he was so aggressive so early. (king diff) So started a new game and my neighors on that one, germans, never attacked. They thought about it once but I manuevered my army to scare them off. Sounds great right?

Never saw an aggressive move from anyone the rest of the game. Once I got a spy out I realized how far behind in tech I was by my neighbor wasn't building any newer units. He was still keeping his swordmen around when he could have been making infantry.

I caught up and eventually attacked someone else and there were no defenders. nothing. They had zero units. They were miles ahead of me on tech but the only defense they had were city walls.

Very frustrating.

Brazil would randomly send a battleship fleet against my ships though, not sure why, one unit more or less, he did some damage but then nothing. I'm marching through his country with artillery, infantry and tanks and he's sending a battleship after me 10 turns later.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 18:43 theyarecomingforyou

I'm really not worried about new features, as there's a bug that causes the game to crash to desktop when you get to a particular turn. Going back and loading earlier saves doesn't help. I don't want to invest ten hours into a game only to not be able to complete it because of a bug.  

8700K @ 4.9GHz / 32GB DDR4 / GTX 1080 OC
Optane 900P 280G

5. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 15:32 Tipsy McStagger

I'm loving some of the combat changes and I don't mind the district's but I feel they fucked up the AI in the game since I'm completely lost in what sort of game decisions I need to make and I'm still winning no problem on a Prince setting.
It's kind of a joke.

4. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 13:37 Cutter

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the love on it. I start a game and play for an hour before I 'meh' and quit. I really don't care for the civics and special zones. And it's unbelievable at this point they didn't once again - have a map regeneration button. That took them how many years to get into 5? And even sticky menus. When I setup a custom game just leave the goddamned buttons where they are unless I change them. Every single time you want to start a new game you have to go through and modify everything all over again. Boggles the mind.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

3. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 13:25 verybad1

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 12:58:
I wanted to get this game, but I got burned with Civ 5, and it not being ready until two expansions later, and Beyond Earth, which is still garbage.

I'll get this when/if there is a complete version for $29.99 or less.

Sounds like the best way. I LOVE Civ games, but yeah, I'm not gonna buy 6 till they have it working properly.

2. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 12:58 grudgebearer

I wanted to get this game, but I got burned with Civ 5, and it not being ready until two expansions later, and Beyond Earth, which is still garbage.

I'll get this when/if there is a complete version for $29.99 or less.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

1. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 11:00 Ozmodan

Unless this addresses the serious issues with the stupid AI it is DOA. Personally, I still play V as VI single player is just a joke.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo