Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Battlefield 1 DLC Plans

The Battlefield website has word on plans for They Shall Not Pass, a first DLC pack for Battlefield 1 coming to the World War I shooter in March. This will include new maps, weapons, and a playable French faction, as they recreate the epic battles of Verdun and Soissons. They are holding back on some details for now, but do share a little, and illustrate the news with a bunch of artwork. Here's a bit:

Releasing March 2017, They Shall Not Pass* will be the first Battlefield™ 1 expansion. Featuring all-new maps, new weapons, and the new playable French Army faction, They Shall Not Pass will truly expand the theater of all-out war.

Though we don’t want to give too much away at this point we have something special for you: concept exploration images from the DICE team. These images represent the studio’s vision of the battlefields you’ll encounter in They Shall Not Pass. Read on and learn what inspired the charred landscapes, muddy trenches, and close-quarter environments.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 21, 2016, 10:02 Bard

...aaaand microtransactions to win starts again.

This is why i don't buy any of the battlefield games any more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 21, 2016, 09:34 Numinar

LittleMe wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 18:51:
Enjoying it yes but the rapid fire snipers and medics are far overpowered & imbalancing the game. Can a sniper in 1917 accurately fire long range at four shots a second? Medics dominate shotguns at medium range due to their rapid fire rate.

Everyone gets boutique/experimental/elite unit weapons that most people in this period never saw let alone got assigned. That's fun though. (There is a game mode with standard issue bolt action rifles but I haven't tried it yet) Most the maps are set during operations where some of these elite troops would have been present so it kind of works, but I wouldn't get hung up on it. It's probably about as realistic as battlefront.

Try Verdun if you want more realism (I think it is/was on special for about 10 bucks, last time I played plenty of servers to join). This is battlefield with WWI clothes on and it's a really good one of those. I'd argue that Medics are not primarily healers unless speced that way, they could have renamed that class. (Assault was healer in BF4 if I remember right). I love the mondragon optical personally.

Loadouts can modify your effective range but in general Assault is dominant at <25, Medics 25-75, Snipers at >75 (But at <125 can get counter-popped by medics depending on match up of guns). People way better than me seem to be able to break these rules though and good for them. Support seems to be a proper support, racking up sustained damage and assists at <100 and even helping much higher than that with suppression but I've played against a few that seem to mix it up with Assaults and do ok.

I am very suspicious of players that are able to head-shot with lewis guns from 200m but I only see that maybe one night a week if that. A lot of what seems like cheating is network compensation and kids that live BF and can walk up their bullets into your face while my calcified alcoholic old brain tries to comprehend what just happened. (My old man is a continent and 50ms further from our servers so sees more of the network nonsense).

That new map seems fine. The important thing is it's different to every other map, like all the shipping ones were. I think the maps are my favorite part of this BF. Each ones feels like a completely different game and they do ambiance better than most SP games. The consolised UI still needs work though, and the medal system should at the very least let you set a different target for each class, but they are all tiny annoyances that for us never really detract from the moment to moment fun, even when we are getting thrashed.

7. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 21, 2016, 08:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

SacredGinmill wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 15:44:
I thought there was an AA truck. Did that shoot you down?

One of the variants of the Artillery truck is an armored Anti-Aircraft version.. it's very strong vs planes and even the Blimp Behemoth. Whenever there is a free vehicle slot and the other team gets the Blimp, on Blimp enabled maps, I get one and start wrecking their airpower.

You can ALMOST one man the Behemoth with it, if you target their gunners first.

It certainly feels like there is a wide disparity in skill in this game... I swear a lot of people are playing this as their first FPS on a PC or something. I don't even play BF1 that much, and I'm getting extremely high K/D ratios even as infantry. I only ever get killed in a tank when I aggressively cap points. I really wish there was a more detailed battle report system like BF4 had, for BF1.

*EDIT* Grammar.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2016, 08:52.

6. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 20, 2016, 20:26 Slick

i went 99-3 a few days ago, didn't break 100, I was sad, and my server was very sympathetic to my plight, especially the other team

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2016, 20:46.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

5. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 20, 2016, 18:51 LittleMe

Enjoying it yes but the rapid fire snipers and medics are far overpowered & imbalancing the game. Can a sniper in 1917 accurately fire long range at four shots a second? Medics dominate shotguns at medium range due to their rapid fire rate.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 20, 2016, 16:42 BIGtrouble77

I'm noticing that people are just getting crazy good at the game, so it's hard for me to say people are cheating. Some people are putting in 4+ hours a day, 7 days a week.

I'm still awful at the game, but I've sniped people in the Zeppelins and planes through pure luck.

I'll definitely be snagging the DLC, the game can use a few more maps. My biggest criticism of the game is that there was no representation of Verdun. That said, I'm not enthusiastic that it will simulate real trench warfare.

3. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 20, 2016, 15:44 SacredGinmill

I thought there was an AA truck. Did that shoot you down?  

2. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 20, 2016, 14:29 OldDirtyEwok

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 12:29:
Still enjoying this game though I have not yet hit the max level. Not racking up the kills like in the beta is one reason. No worries though. I really only play for enjoyment. I have noticed again there are still a lot of one shot kills by sniper rifles and shotguns so hopefully those are next on the nerf list. Lately I've seen a lot of strange things during my last few play sessions. Being shot down by an artillery truck while I was in a fast moving fighter plane while zigzagging over the battlefield dodging flak was the craziest thing. The first time I thought, oh shit that guy got really lucky... but the second time he shot me down I couldn't help but wonder. I still see a lot of global bans happening so there are still idiots trying to download skillz instead of just learning to play the game. People are strange.

If you remove one shot kills from bolt action rifles and shotguns they'll become pretty useless.

1. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 20, 2016, 12:29 Paranoid Jack

Still enjoying this game though I have not yet hit the max level. Not racking up the kills like in the beta is one reason. No worries though. I really only play for enjoyment. I have noticed again there are still a lot of one shot kills by sniper rifles and shotguns so hopefully those are next on the nerf list. Lately I've seen a lot of strange things during my last few play sessions. Being shot down by an artillery truck while I was in a fast moving fighter plane while zigzagging over the battlefield dodging flak was the craziest thing. The first time I thought, oh shit that guy got really lucky... but the second time he shot me down I couldn't help but wonder. I still see a lot of global bans happening so there are still idiots trying to download skillz instead of just learning to play the game. People are strange.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo