Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Into the Black

Link of the Day: The Adventures of Dank and Scud. Brand new site celebrating the 20th anniversary of the online QUAKE comic series.
Link of the Day II: Blade Runner 2049 Announcement Trailer.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Into the Black Dec 21, 2016, 09:13 RedEye9

How the hell are these comments leaning so much toward the (boring-who-really-gives-a-shit-seriously) second link and not the first? I was truly expecting the opposite. Blues crew, you've sorely disappointed me. Shame and lament upon you.
Dreaming of electric sheep is hella more interesting than an online comic.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 15:50 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:42:
How the hell are these comments leaning so much toward the (boring-who-really-gives-a-shit-seriously) second link and not the first? I was truly expecting the opposite. Blues crew, you've sorely disappointed me. Shame and lament upon you.

I find your comment shallow and pedantic.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

20. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 14:25 jdreyer

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:42:

This site started as a Quake news site back in the day. We're contractually obligated to say good things about Dank and Skud.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

19. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 13:42 ForgedReality

18. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 11:38 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 01:37:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 21:12:
Really hope the movie answers the question everyone's been asking since the 80's. Is Deckard a replicant?

Just like how George Lucas explained the power of the force through midichlorians?

Sometimes mysteries are best left unexplained.

Saying Deckard is a human or a replicant is way easier than George's jumbled definition of the force.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

17. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 11:27 Eirikrautha

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 06:35:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 01:39:
Also, I thought we got our modern-day Bladerunner. It's called "Westworld."

the original Westworld is from the early 70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4

QFT! Allthumbsup

16. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 08:57 Retired

Task wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 20:51:
A whole year to wait to see if Blade Runner 2049 is good or not.

Please dont suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

15. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 08:25 RedEye9

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 08:12:
Did any of you even watch Bladerunner? He can't be an OLD man and a replicant. The whole goddamn plot of Bladerunner revolved around that fact. They can't make replicants last longer than 4-5 years or so. If you want to take Bladerunner2 as some kind of canon (GOD I HATE THAT WORD!) then Deckard is not a replicant.
Yeah, I don't see replicants aging as part of their original design. But the 4 year lifespan was added later in the Nexus series do to issues with the original replicants, so if Deckard was one, oh there i go again.
Regardless, this will be a day one ticket purchase.

As far as canon, gotta agree. That is the worst word ever.
This game/movie is unplayable/unwatchable because in the original the office chair was dark grey, but in the remake it's blue.
just shoot me

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2016, 08:31.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

14. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 08:12 VaranDragon

Did any of you even watch Bladerunner? He can't be an OLD man and a replicant. The whole goddamn plot of Bladerunner revolved around that fact. They can't make replicants last longer than 4-5 years or so. If you want to take Bladerunner2 as some kind of canon (GOD I HATE THAT WORD!) then Deckard is not a replicant.  

13. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 06:35 Agent-Zero

jdreyer wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 01:39:

the original Westworld is from the early 70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4

12. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 01:39 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 01:37 jdreyer

Really hope the movie answers the question everyone's been asking since the 80's. Is Deckard a replicant?

Just like how George Lucas explained the power of the force through midichlorians?

Sometimes mysteries are best left unexplained.

10. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 01:36 jdreyer

SirKnight wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 20:37:
I loved reading Dank and Scud back in the day.

The Quake years were some Good Times.

Came here to post the same.

9. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 01:35 jdreyer

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 20:30:
Blade Runner 2049 Announcement Trailer.

Skeptical, but hopeful. Kinda weird we're getting this and another Alien in the same year.

Oh, and episode 8. 2017 is already looking like a crazy year for movies.

It had better be an original story and not some TFA-style soft reboot bullshit.

I'm sick of this crap. Fuck TFA. Fuck Jurassic World. Fuck Creed.

And even though it wasn't a soft reboot, fuck Prometheus with a rusty nail. That shit sucked ass.

8. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 00:55 1badmf

it's been pretty much confirmed he's a replicant, especially with the addition of the unicorn dream in the director's cut.

7. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 00:03 Agent-Zero

its going to be tough to recapture the magic without Vangelis and Rutger Hauer, especially with all that weight of nostalgia hanging over them  

6. Re: Into the Black Dec 19, 2016, 21:34 nin

Then this is not your movie.

5. Re: Into the Black Dec 19, 2016, 21:21 TangledThorns

Hollywood should have made a movie that was closer to the book instead. Blade Runner is a great movie but its a shell of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. It would be totally different from Blade Runner but thats OK as it has a ton of material that wasn't in Blade Runner.  

4. Re: Into the Black Dec 19, 2016, 21:12 Kxmode

3. Re: Into the Black Dec 19, 2016, 20:51 Task

A whole year to wait to see if Blade Runner 2049 is good or not.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo