Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition

A post on reddit features a For Honor beta tester violating the game's NDA by posting some complaints about Ubisoft's new multiplayer-oriented action game (thanks VG247). At issue is the absence of dedicated servers, and the post includes this video to show delays and problems in peer-to-peer multiplayer play. This is an attempt at a constructive approach to this, as they point to the For Honor reddit were they are petitioning for dedicated servers. Word is: "We need Ubisoft to change their design so the game uses proper dedicated servers to host games. Please sign the petition to help bring awareness to this issue, and share the video if possible." There's a response to these complaints on PCGamesN, where they asked Ubisoft about this, and were told: "no player will have an advantage in a match compared to the others. Some of the connection and networking problems that players have experienced and perceived as consequences of that architecture are rather linked to the fact that we’re still in development."
View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 21:47 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 14:54:
Ok first off they have Alpha forms (same as they did for Steep, and The Division). Secondly it's called a TECHNICAL ALPHA TEST. Thirdly they did break the NDA.

And as for an idea of how the game will play, Ubisoft has ran open beta tests for the majority of their recent releases that heavily feature Multiplayer. Ghost Recon Wildlands (just had a Tech Alpha and will have an open beta), The Crew, The Division, For Honor.

And from what I understand (or have only seen) For Honor is multiplayer only.

My bad, Elf. I thought you were bagging on me. Sorry....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 19:18 RaZ0r!

I had this on my Steam wishlist awhile back. Then one day I noticed it was from Ubisoft. I removed it from my wishlist right then and I have felt great about it.  

11. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 15:09 thecakeisalie

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:11:
Some of the connection and networking problems that players have experienced and perceived as consequences of that architecture are rather linked to the fact that we’re still in development.

Once the game is released, this blurb will be changed to

Some of the connection and networking problems that players have experienced and perceived as consequences of that architecture are rather all in their imagination.

Ubisoft would apparently rather die than make dedicated servers.

They want to keep the PC port as cheap as possible. P2P works on consoles. Adding dedicated servers for PC would mean a rework of the networking model for PCs and I expect they aren't relying on PC sales to carry this game. Even the game controls are all much more friendly to a controller vs mouse and keyboard (it's easier to pull off combos, etc and even block unless you use macros).

10. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 14:57 thecakeisalie

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 14:54:
Ok first off they have Alpha forms (same as they did for Steep, and The Division). Secondly it's called a TECHNICAL ALPHA TEST. Thirdly they did break the NDA.

And as for an idea of how the game will play, Ubisoft has ran open beta tests for the majority of their recent releases that heavily feature Multiplayer. Ghost Recon Wildlands (just had a Tech Alpha and will have an open beta), The Crew, The Division, For Honor.

Not quite true. You can play solo vs bots in all game modes. However, if you want to play the campaign and earn the best rewards and salvage, you need to play co-op vs bots or PVP.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2016, 15:06.

9. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 14:54 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

8. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 14:49 thecakeisalie

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:54:
Well, stop buying MP games that don't permit player run servers. Problem solved.

I was part of the last beta test and I decided to not pre-order due to their choice of P2P for matchmaking. The game is too twitchy and fast-paced to work with P2P. If they slowed it down some and stopped trying to make it so only twitch kiddies hopped up on G Fuel and Adderall can actually pull off some of the moves, it would be less of a problem.

Edit - Why are these game companies trying to push games as e-sports? I don't get it. It boggles my mind why these suits think that designing games around the age demographic who can play e-sports level games is going to be a good idea. There are too many e-sports level games out there and the attention spans of this demographic are small. They quickly get bored of games and move on. The largest and most lucrative demographic of gamer are people who are past their "e-sports" prime. Like my age bracket, who love video games, have played them most of our lives and actually have money. Something a lot of the e-sports age kids don't.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2016, 14:55.

7. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 13:11 Creston

Some of the connection and networking problems that players have experienced and perceived as consequences of that architecture are rather linked to the fact that we’re still in development.

Once the game is released, this blurb will be changed to

Some of the connection and networking problems that players have experienced and perceived as consequences of that architecture are rather all in their imagination.

Ubisoft would apparently rather die than make dedicated servers.

6. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 12:54 Cutter

Well, stop buying MP games that don't permit player run servers. Problem solved.

5. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 12:43 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:30:
Here's the issue. It's a FUCKING ALPHA TECHNICAL TEST. If you can't even get past that part then please don't EVER sign up for a fucking Alpha or Beta test of anything... ever.

LoL, seriously? I have noticed what appears to be a lot of anger on here lately. From several people on numerous threads. One of the reasons I have not posted much and have been visiting less. I just gave my opinion on the short weekend alphas. Isn't that why we test? To get an idea of how we will like the game? Plus it helps them to stress and bug hunt if we actually report issues and give our opinion. So why would/should I NEVER EVER FUCKING ALPHA TEST AGAIN? LMAO. Take a chill pill... spark one up maybe? It's Christmas and should be a time of good cheer right?

Back to the original reason to post. I need to log into PSN and check my emails. I didn't see any notice of the single player test so I am left wondering if I may be able to sample the campaign because it does look interesting.

For Honor Single Player Footage

4. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 12:30 The Half Elf

Here's the issue. It's a FUCKING ALPHA TECHNICAL TEST. If you can't even get past that part then please don't EVER sign up for a fucking Alpha or Beta test of anything... ever.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

3. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 11:52 Paranoid Jack

I was in the alpha I think... and it may be my age coupled with arthritis but I just couldn't get into it. I really enjoyed watching some of the better YouTubers play it but not sure I will be picking it up.

Oroboro Plays For Honor

2. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 11:27 Moog

My interest in this title at launch just died.
Will check it out a few months after launch.

1. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 10:37 eRe4s3r

Ubisoft fucking another IP up.. not surprised That's what happens with criminal CEO's

Ps.: I am super sour as I just wasted a day of my life getting "The Crew" to run. And failing, the exe closed without error message or anything and I could not find any solution to this. The support was the most braindead chat-bot I had ever the misfortune to encounter! Browsing forums quite a few people have this particular issue on all hardware and driver versions...

Well, Ubisoft as it lives and breaths.

Even more sour?

Anno 2205, know the game? Well they just released a few weeks ago "Frontiers" as part of the Season pack, you know, the last of the big DLC, after Orbit/Tundra (the others didn't really add anything of value)? Which was supposed to make Mars playable.. turns out there are still tons of references to Mars in the game, one even in the voice files, but there is no Mars, the addon was released unfinished as final DLC this game will ever get. And it added... nothing. Synths, yeah, no new wares, but synths are a "sink" (meaning they don't pay taxes) which means they add nothing to your game aside from bragging stats. Aside that you also get 3 islands which all add nothing really, because with the mars as final destination of all resources and production there is no point to expand beyond your own personal goals to min-max islands I guess.. sigh

So.. FUCK UBISOFT (And FUCK KONAMI) ;p

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2016, 11:33.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >