Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2016, 06:09 Tigger

The good news is absolutely no money was spent on the live streams production value.

Never truer words were typed. Watching anything Star Citizen is a bit like watching two busloads of nuns in a head-on collision. You know its going to be awful, but just can't look away. I couldn't even watch 2 minutes of this garbage.

If you're one of the poor folks that plunked down any money on this, you embody the words of PT Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute."

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. 'Star Citizen' Awkward Alpha 2.6 Stream Doesn't Show Squadron 42 & Asks Fans For More Money Dec 19, 2016, 02:21 SlimRam

I went to their forum to see what people were saying about the stream and it was not very well received. I think it's safe to say that even some of the original backers are starting to doubt CIG.  

16. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 21:58 thecakeisalie

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 21:02:
Saw this and could not resist.
https://i.imgur.com/wl14RDy.jpg

Hahahaha. Awesome. And probably a little bit prophetic.

15. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 21:30 Mordecai Walfish

LOL

from the comments of that star citizen article:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UpYsOwlGY

14. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 21:02 RedEye9

Saw this and could not resist.
https://i.imgur.com/wl14RDy.jpg

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 18, 2016, 19:54 Slick

“A slick demo isn’t that helpful if it pushes back the finished game,"

aaaand cue every promotional marketing trailer they've ever released for ships in a game that doesn't exist yet.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 18, 2016, 19:24 Agent-Zero

Tom wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 19:07:
I received something via post from Poland recently and it had a stamp with Geralt of Rivia on it. An actual postal stamp worth 6 zloty (about $1.42). How cool is that...

damn... may need to get my passport and work visa in order...

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 18, 2016, 19:13 Creston

Tom wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 19:07:
I received something via post from Poland recently and it had a stamp with Geralt of Rivia on it. An actual postal stamp worth 6 zloty (about $1.42). How cool is that...

I MUST HAVE SOME! I WILL SEND SOMEONE MANY ZLOTY!

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 18, 2016, 19:07 Tom

9. Re: Polish Government grants... Dec 18, 2016, 18:34 Creston

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 14:22:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 14:16:
Wow, very interesting, Poland. CD Projekt RED will no doubt make something awesome eventually, and I find it really nice that the government supports their homegrown tech companies, even for video games.

I am in the internal testing group for another game company based out of Poland and they have awesome support from their government. Poland is definitely one of the friendlier countries to develop games in after CD Projekt RED put them on the map.

Good to hear. I hope they will be around for many, many more years to come!

8. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 18:33 Creston

"Yeah, I lied. But I'm HONEST about lying! Here's a sale for a $2500 picture of a pretty and BIG spaceship! Buy now, it's limited!"

7. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 15:49 Mordecai Walfish

This is what CDPR proposed to the Polish government to get the $7 million. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be ridiculous. Seems like #1 is just them saying "pay us for doing more of what we already do". Let's just hope "cinematic feel" doesn't translate to a 24/30 fps lock. lol

City Creation

Comprehensive technology for the creation of “live”, playable in real-time, cities of great scale based on the principles of artificial intelligence and automation and taking into account the development of innovative processes and tools supporting the creation of high-quality open world games.

Seamless Multiplayer

Comprehensive technology enables the creation of unique gameplay for many players, taking into account the search of opponents, session management, replication facilities, and support of a variety of game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools.

Cinematic Feel

Comprehensive technology for providing a unique, film quality RPG with open world, also taking into account innovative solutions Process and unique set of dedicated tools.

Animation Excellence

Comprehensive technology enabling a significant increase in quality and production of complex face and body animations for open world RPG games, also taking into account the innovative process solutions and a unique set of dedicated tools.

6. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 14:32 Cutter

That sort of stuff is all well and good, but to the thousands of fans that have already donated hundreds of dollars to this crowd-funded effort, the pleas for more cash fell on deaf ears.

Even the suckers are starting to wake up.

5. Re: Polish Government grants... Dec 18, 2016, 14:22 thecakeisalie

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 14:16:
Wow, very interesting, Poland. CD Projekt RED will no doubt make something awesome eventually, and I find it really nice that the government supports their homegrown tech companies, even for video games.

I am in the internal testing group for another game company based out of Poland and they have awesome support from their government. Poland is definitely one of the friendlier countries to develop games in after CD Projekt RED put them on the map.

4. Re: Polish Government grants... Dec 18, 2016, 14:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

3. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 14:05 thecakeisalie

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 13:53:
Sadly money was spent on the green screen, t-shirts, face paint, stupid hats, furniture, the camera's to shoot the fucking thing and everything else shown that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING GAME PEOPLE SPENT MONEY ON DURING THE KICKSTARTER.

Holy fuck, next time let's give it to Charlie Sheen for Hookers and Blow, and record what happens. At least that would be entertaining!

Agreed. At least I wouldn't feel like my money was as wasted as it does right now. Hookers and Blow >>> investment than Star Citizen.

Edit - the money that people spent on the Kickstarter was exhausted long, long ago dude. Without the constant influx of cash from their "ship sales" and true believers, CIG would have gone bankrupt ages ago. Once that dries up, the wheels are going to come off and the shitstorm is going to be epic.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2016, 14:26.

2. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 13:53 The Half Elf

Sadly money was spent on the green screen, t-shirts, face paint, stupid hats, furniture, the camera's to shoot the fucking thing and everything else shown that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING GAME PEOPLE SPENT MONEY ON DURING THE KICKSTARTER.

Holy fuck, next time let's give it to Charlie Sheen for Hookers and Blow, and record what happens. At least that would be entertaining!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

1. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 13:01 RedEye9

The good news is absolutely no money was spent on the live streams production value.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >