Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Torment in February

inXile Entertainment and Techland Publishing announce February 28th, 2017 will be the release date for Torment: Tides of Numenera, the upcoming spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment. A post on Kickstarter (thanks nin) has word for backers on what to expect in return for their support, and a new trailer celebrates the release date and offers details on the day one edition. Here's the plan:
inXile Entertainment and Techland Publishing have announced the release date for Torment: Tides of Numenera - February 28th, 2017.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is set one billion years in the future, using the science-fantasy setting created by pen and paper RPG luminary, Monty Cook. Players will experience a game of intricate choices and consequences with thousands of meaningful decisions that will make every playthrough unique.

The game is created and developed by inXile Entertainment, which consists of industry icon Brian Fargo and many other veteran creators of the original Planescape: Torment - one of the most critically revered cRPGs in gaming history.

Pre-orders for the Day One Edition and The Collector's Edition are also now available. For a full list of what is contained in the Collector's Edition along with pre-order incentives, see the official trailer here.
View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 19:10 Task

A sequel would be a major stretch, maybe - my understanding is that this is based on P&P Numenera which is a lot 'like' the Multiverse of Planescape. The only way this would be in any way connected would be to think of this one as maybe in another "verse," which may or may not be connected to the Multiverse of Planescape of D&D. In otherwords, its another Torment-Like RPG with Sci-Fi Fantasy on Crack, and like the original - meant to have elements of weirdness, grotesque, philosophical musings, anything is possible, etc. Maybe there will be easter eggs, but we ain't saving the Nameless One, that dude's stuck in the Eternal battle of the Blood War.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 17:58 jacobvandy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 16:30:
Someone wanna give me the run down on what exactly this game is?

I could google it but I like fan opinions.

Should be obvious from the title, but it's basically a sequel to Planescape: Torment. They're just using a different setting, no doubt because they couldn't afford what Wizards of the Coast demanded for the licensing. All the main guys who did the original worked on this.

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/game/about/development-information

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2016, 18:04.

12. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 16:30 Tipsy McStagger

Someone wanna give me the run down on what exactly this game is?

I could google it but I like fan opinions.

11. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 14:43 Bundy

<Deleted>  

10. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 10:07 sauron

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 08:30:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 00:40:
I'm a backer. I'm excited for this. Have not played any of the early release iterations.

Yeah, I thought about checking out the beta, but decided I'd rather see it in a released state. Looking forward to it...

Same here - I backed this and am looking forward to it. I still have PS:T installed on almost every computer at Barad-Dur.

Kittens!

9. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 08:30 nin

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 00:40:
I'm a backer. I'm excited for this. Have not played any of the early release iterations.

Yeah, I thought about checking out the beta, but decided I'd rather see it in a released state. Looking forward to it...

8. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 00:40 Pineapple Ferguson

7. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 23:59 Cutter

I need you to pin me down just for one frozen moment. I need someone to pin me down so I can live in torment....

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

6. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 22:07 Agent-Zero

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 21:23:
Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 21:11:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 21:03:
Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 19:45:
problem with all these kickstarted RPGs and so forth is they are almost never finished at release... you gotta wait months or even years for all the DLC and patches and so forth to bring them up to proper completion

So, basically like any other AAA release these days.

Witcher 3 wasnt like that.. cant think of any more modern AAA rpgs

Whatcha talking 'bout Willis?

Plenty of DLC and patches. Yeah one thing KS and EA's aren't any more guilty of is after release patches and DLC.

i guess its all shades of grey, but id say it was much more complete and finished at release than Wasteland or Pillars of Eternity or Divine Divinity

5. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 21:23 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 21:11:
problem with all these kickstarted RPGs and so forth is they are almost never finished at release... you gotta wait months or even years for all the DLC and patches and so forth to bring them up to proper completion

Whatcha talking 'bout Willis?

Plenty of DLC and patches. Yeah one thing KS and EA's aren't any more guilty of is after release patches and DLC.

4. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 21:11 Agent-Zero

its not the same scale either, the AAA games deliberately hold it back and then just sell it to you later... the indies push out stuff thats far from being finished and let the "feedback" determine how they proceed

everything rewards you for waiting for months or years - full game +DLC packages at 75% off, fully patched, new features, tons of mods, etc. etc.. thing is, kids have no impulse control so it doesnt really affect the bottom line just yet - altho this past holiday season was apparently "the worst" for AAA publishers in recent history

3. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 21:03 UttiniDaKilrJawa

2. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 19:45 Agent-Zero

1. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 19:15 CJ_Parker

Extremely disappointing info on the physical CEs. Seems like they won't ship in time to be in people's hands on release day just like they fucked up the WL2 CE shipments which were delayed by about a decade or two.
Apparently 4+ years is not enough for a company like inXile to arrange for timely production and shipping of physical goods. Another kick in the nuts in addition to first excluding CE pledges from early access. What a bunch of complete dickwads.
I'm sooo done crowdfunding (especially backing fraudulent losers like inXile or CIG) it's not even funny. Fuck those guys.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >