Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Heroes of the Storm Winter New Hero, Event

There are now patch notes for a new update that's live in Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard's MOBA. This has a bunch of balance changes and bug fixes, introduces the game's newest character, and kicks off their Winter Veil event, which includes a quest and XP bonuses. This post has specifics on the new hero Ragnaros, the fire lord. Word is: "As the lord of Azeroth’s fire elementals, Ragnaros desires nothing more than to burn the world to ash. Banished to Firelands eons ago, the Firelord now turns his rage toward the Nexus, intent on incinerating everything and everyone within it." Here's more on the winter event:
Celebrate Winter Veil 2016!

• Our 2016 Winter Veil celebration has arrived! Ring in the holiday season this year with a 25% XP bonus, a new event quest, and of course, quest rewards.
    • 25% XP Bonus
      • The XP bonus begins at 10:00 a.m. PST on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 until 10:00 a.m. PST Tuesday, January 4, 2017.
  • Winter Veil Event Quest
    • Quest: Play 25 games in any matchmaking mode (Co-op vs. A.I., Quick Match, Unranked Draft, or Ranked)
    • Rewards: Special Snowflake Portrait and Festive Treasure Goblin Mount.
  • Click here for additional Winter Veil 2016 details.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Winter New Hero, Event Dec 16, 2016, 06:16 MattyC

heroin wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 19:46:
it's definitely awesome to watch no matter the side (or who's dyin').

I hadn't been following the news on this patch and actually thought that was some sort of new map mechanic the first time I saw it

I is pretty neat to watch.

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Winter New Hero, Event Dec 14, 2016, 23:50 HoSpanky

heroin wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 19:46:
Damn, Ragnaros is way OP because the ultimate is insanely powerful but it's definitely awesome to watch no matter the side (or who's dyin').

The fire wave is only powerful if people don't GTFO when they see it coming on the map. It's pretty obvious. It's SUPER handy for when a lane gets ingnored and a bit overrun with mobs. It does seem to down AWFUL lot of damage to heroes, which I'm sure they'll adjust down right about the time he's not worth 15,000 gold.

1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Winter New Hero, Event Dec 14, 2016, 19:46 heroin

Damn, Ragnaros is way OP because the ultimate is insanely powerful but it's definitely awesome to watch no matter the side (or who's dyin').  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >