Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

The Division Free Weekend

A free weekend for Tom Clancy's The Division gets underway on Friday, and that preloads are now available so you can play as soon as things get underway. The game is on sale for the duration, and all progress from the weekend will carry over for anyone who buys a copy. Here's the plan:
New York is in peril. Its population has been decimated by a terrible virus, while violent factions fight for control. As an Agent of The Division, you’re tasked with infiltrating the streets of the city to save what’s left, and starting tomorrow, you can do that for free. From December 15 at 10AM PST to December 18 at 1PM PST, The Division will be free on Uplay PC, allowing you to play through the entirety of the core game, along with all of its free content updates, for zero dollars. Season Pass content is not included, but the progress you make during this free period will transfer over if you purchase the full game – both the regular version and the Gold Edition of The Division will be available on the Uplay store with a 50% discount.
View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 15, 2016, 09:56 SpectralMeat

Asmodai wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 08:54:
Survival can be done in groups or solo, and I really do recommend it, it's bloody challenging.
Survival is part of the season pass. Which I won't be buying.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2016, 10:23.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 15, 2016, 08:54 Asmodai

ps. At max level "loot grind" is laughable, I completed my 3rd try at survival and managed to get 13 loot crates, boosting from 210 to 256 (item cap) basically straight away. Went to global tier 5 and had a blast against really tough enemies.

Survival can be done in groups or solo, and I really do recommend it, it's bloody challenging.

Can't speak to PvP, I avoid it like the plague, but apparently cheating has decreased significantly.

6. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 23:20 xLith

Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 22:26:
GTA just dropped a big DLC, Destiny just dropped their xmas DLC and holiday event, ESO is dropping their holiday event and they decide this would be a good time to get people trying the division? Bueller? Not saying they won't get people but this is very poor timing, any other time I would have been all over this, now I simply do not have the time.

A lot of people are about to be off for the holidays (if not already) so what's the harm? Not everyone is into every game you listed either. I've played them all and the division is the only one I continue to play (since 1.4).

5. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 22:26 Yosemite Sam

GTA just dropped a big DLC, Destiny just dropped their xmas DLC and holiday event, ESO is dropping their holiday event and they decide this would be a good time to get people trying the division? Bueller? Not saying they won't get people but this is very poor timing, any other time I would have been all over this, now I simply do not have the time.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

4. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 21:56 NewMaxx

Great game that's worth putting in the time if you want to get 100% in everything (lore) and hit the max level (30) and then some. After that it becomes a grind even with the fixes and the PVP, which was amazing in concept, just doesn't work. Of course I haven't played in months but I put in 260 hrs originally and felt I got my money's worth. For certain people it might fill a niche.  

3. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 21:28 Linksil

I've been putting way more time then I thought I would into this when I got it on the last steam sale(which was more then 50% off). Been filling that jump in for an hour a loot grind and just started doing survival which is great. One of the few season passes that you get your money out of.  

Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

2. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 20:54 Cutter

I'll give it a whirl to see what's what since beeta.

1. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 19:54 Brumbek

I highly recommend people try it! Despite all the bad press around launch, the game is VERY good! The story campaign is a nice 20 hours or so, and the end-game is REALLY good now, with plenty of delicious loot.

PS: the graphics in this game are still some of the most impressive!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >