Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

I've sort of been ignoring this for the most part of the year, but the trailers and other publicity for Rogue One have served their intended purpose, and I am now pretty hyped for the movie. I know... the Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

R.I.P.: Alan Thicke dead at 69.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Alien Sky Invasion.
Papa's Sushiria.
Links: Alan Thicke's Best Television Theme Songs- 11 Unforgettable Tracks.
Story: Jewelry thief Doris Payne strikes again at metro Atlanta mall.
Media: Kylo Ren All-Star Gaming- Multibowl.
Honest Trailers - Star Wars- Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. Thanks nin..
Addiction (NSFW).
View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2016, 09:08 nin

Nanook! No no!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. removed Dec 21, 2016, 09:01 ninjarazi

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 21, 2016, 09:14.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 11:09 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 09:09:
nin wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 08:29:
Dem brit-esh teeth?
Her front teeth are fairly prominent when she is speaking. However as best I can tell when she gives a full smile, the teeth are straight. But no, I was thinking it looks like there's a touch of some non-Anglo ethnic group showing up in her face -- can't figure it out though.

(PS. For the crazies, I really don't care what ethnic groups are in her lineage, I'm simply commenting on her, attractive, appearance)

No, no, I get what you're saying, I was thinking the same before. Just something about her. Even when the first trailer hit, she seemed different...In any case, her phone was apparently part of the haul from 'The Fappening', but all I can find is her shot in 'Servants' and a photo of her standing in the snow with nothing on but oven mitts (covering the good parts) and a knit hat...ah well, best not get caught looking for that stuff on the ol' 9-5 (even though I'm self-employed...HA!)...eh, what were we talking about again?

=-Rigs-=

32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 09:09 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 08:29:
Dem brit-esh teeth?
Her front teeth are fairly prominent when she is speaking. However as best I can tell when she gives a full smile, the teeth are straight. But no, I was thinking it looks like there's a touch of some non-Anglo ethnic group showing up in her face -- can't figure it out though.

(PS. For the crazies, I really don't care what ethnic groups are in her lineage, I'm simply commenting on her, attractive, appearance)

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2016, 08:29 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 23:41:
Definitely attractive. There's something slightly different about her I can't quite put my finger on...

Dem brit-esh teeth?

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 23:41 Mr. Tact

Rigs wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 20:22:
I dunno, that Jyn Erso (Felicty Jones) is pretty hot, I might have to go Rogue One out...
Definitely attractive. There's something slightly different about her I can't quite put my finger on... She'd certainly would do in a pinch.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 20:22 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 20:01:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 19:03:
You know The Asylum is going to come out with a Rogue One knockoff called Rouge One. You just know it!

Waiting for the inevitable pr0n parody: Stroke One.

I dunno, that Jyn Erso (Felicty Jones) is pretty hot, I might have to go Rogue One out...

For the record, I absolutely despise the term 'rub one out' and would gladly shoot the next 'bro' that says it casually.

=-Rigs-=

28. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 20:14 Scottish Martial Arts

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 20:00:
Question: Without looking it up, which movie beat Saving Private Ryan to win the best movie Oscar that year? Having trouble? Just goes to show that the academy is not skilled at picking the greatest movie from the bunch. People still watch and refer to SPR. It's shown on TV many times a year, often unedited. It graces every top 10 war movies list. Watching it is used as punishment for people who vandalize national monuments.

That other movie? Largely forgotten.

Pretty sure it was Shakespeare in Love, although that might be 1997. Between the two, I prefer Saving Private Ryan obviously, but I would also argue that Saving Private Ryan was massively overrated. Even within the category of "war movies released in 1998", The Thin Red Line was a much thematically richer, better made film. Saving Private Ryan is on best war movie lists primarily because of the first 25 minutes; the rest of the film is very good, but as far as truly great war movies go, it's definitely not Paths of Glory. In my opinion, of course.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2016, 20:20.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 20:01 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 19:03:
You know The Asylum is going to come out with a Rogue One knockoff called Rouge One. You just know it!

Waiting for the inevitable pr0n parody: Stroke One.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

26. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 20:00 jdreyer

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 18:14:
Rigs wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 17:40:
Anyway, you guys know every movie doesn't have to be Oscar-worthy 'Saving Private Ryan' life-changing shit, right?

No, but there's a difference between a popcorn flick with a soul and a popcorn flick that is soulless. The Force Awakens was certainly the former, Rogue One may be the latter if many of the reviews are to be believed.

You're saying TFA has a soul?
A lot of people out there are saying R1 is more interesting and a better movie than TFA, having an original story and not slavishly mimicking ANH beat for beat.

And I'm pretty sure Saving Private Ryan only won Oscars for sound and special effects. edit: Looks like it got Director and Cinematography too.

Question: Without looking it up, which movie beat Saving Private Ryan to win the best movie Oscar that year? Having trouble? Just goes to show that the academy is not skilled at picking the greatest movie from the bunch. People still watch and refer to SPR. It's shown on TV many times a year, often unedited. It graces every top 10 war movies list. Watching it is used as punishment for people who vandalize national monuments.

That other movie? Largely forgotten.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 19:03 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

24. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 18:44 Agent-Zero

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 13:34:
Off Topic: Space Hulk Deathwing has been released. Downloading as we speak.

User reviews:
OVERALL: Mixed (515 reviews)

.. in other words, "not good"

23. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 18:14 Scottish Martial Arts

Rigs wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 17:40:
Anyway, you guys know every movie doesn't have to be Oscar-worthy 'Saving Private Ryan' life-changing shit, right?

No, but there's a difference between a popcorn flick with a soul and a popcorn flick that is soulless. The Force Awakens was certainly the former, Rogue One may be the latter if many of the reviews are to be believed.

And I'm pretty sure Saving Private Ryan only won Oscars for sound and special effects. edit: Looks like it got Director and Cinematography too.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 18:04 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 17:59:
mellis wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 16:10:
Dacote wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:06:
Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 10:44:
That's called marketing, not the Force. It looks like a Disnified PC crap to me.
Look kids, this is what happens to children when they were weened prematurely. Either that or it's an adult with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Except he's right. If it didn't have 'Star Wars' in-front of the title, people would see it as the shovel-ware it really is.

Ironically, the very best representation of Star Wars since Episodes 4,5 and 6 comes from EA in the form of their Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG CGI trailers.

Stop feeding that fucking loser. All he is is a troll. Blue, ban that piece of shit already.

I say we should take a vote on who should get banned but something tells me I already know the winner (and it's not because of Russian hackers!)

=-Rigs-=

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:59 Cutter

Dacote wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:06:
Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 10:44:
That's called marketing, not the Force. It looks like a Disnified PC crap to me.
Look kids, this is what happens to children when they were weened prematurely. Either that or it's an adult with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Except he's right. If it didn't have 'Star Wars' in-front of the title, people would see it as the shovel-ware it really is.

Ironically, the very best representation of Star Wars since Episodes 4,5 and 6 comes from EA in the form of their Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG CGI trailers.

Stop feeding that fucking loser. All he is is a troll. Blue, ban that piece of shit already.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:40 Rigs

You guys are such cynical sons a bitches! Guess that's why I love coming here. Except for Cutter. But then again, I could say anything because I'm ignored. What an honor.

Anyway, you guys know every movie doesn't have to be Oscar-worthy 'Saving Private Ryan' life-changing shit, right? You CAN just watch a movie to actually enjoy it. I applaud them for making a STAR WARS movie that isn't an 'Episode' featuring Luke's dysfunctional family as the focus! About damn time! The STAR WARS universe is so freakin' big...like literally...that we should have stories that have nothing to do with his incestuous escapades. Ahem.

Hell, I'd go for a story that doesn't even involve the Rebellion/New Republic at all! I want to see everyday life on an Empire world, like Coruscant during the middle of the Empire's rule. Maybe a story about a stormtrooper that is chosen to try out to be a Emperor's Red Guard and the trials/deceits he endures. There's a reason Tie Fighter is the most liked game in the series. It shows the Empire from the perspective that they're the ones being attacked and persecuted by the Rebellion. I want to see a movie based on what the individual Star Destroyer captains went through during and after the Battle of Endor. What they did, where they went, how life changed after the death of Povaltine and Vader (his favorite Sith).

There are some many things that can be explored that aren't. Rogue One is a massive step in the right direction. I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of this movie when I see it in IMAX next week! I just wish my daughter could be there with me. I turned her to the 'Dark Side' (much to the chagrin of her mother) and now she loves SW and Vader. Unfortunately, she's almost 1000 miles away in KY (I'm in north FL). I'm still gonna watch it, though. I'm sure she'll want to know what happens in the whole four minutes that Vader is supposedly in it...

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:23 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 17:05:

Seriously... the KotR trailers are so awesome, (I want to say it's Blur studios who actually does those, not Bioware) I would love some full length movies by those guys.

If you watch all three Elder Scrolls Online videos together this is like a 23 minute movie.

http://www.blur.com/work/project/elder-scrolls/
http://www.blur.com/work/project/the-elder-scrolls-online-the-arrival/
http://www.blur.com/work/project/the-elder-scrolls-online-the-siege/

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seriously... the KotR trailers are so awesome, (I want to say it's Blur studios who actually does those, not Bioware) I would love some full length movies by those guys.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 16:27:
Other than OMG STAR WARS!!!

I don't really see the point of this movie, with all the Star Wars novels they could have picked from they decided to make one about stealing the death star plans?

Not enough 'member berries' in the world to bring back the "feels" of '79 Star Wars.

What about the '77 Star Wars?

As far as the movie plot, yes, there were a ton of Extended Universe or whatever it's called now novels that could have been used, same goes for Force Awakens. By far the weakest aspect was its recycled plot, which still pisses me off, considering how good the acting was for the most part, and the effects/music/etc.

Still, I am required by law to see Rogue One, so I'll try to stay objective going in.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 16:27 DangerDog

Other than OMG STAR WARS!!!

I don't really see the point of this movie, with all the Star Wars novels they could have picked from they decided to make one about stealing the death star plans?

Not enough 'member berries' in the world to bring back the "feels" of '79 Star Wars. From what I've seen it looks like people cosplaying Star Wars decided to make a movie, would make amazing cut scene material for a Star Wars game but as a motion picture it looks like it's trying too hard to be "Empire". From what I've read it also sounds like Disney neutered the concept of "Saving Private Ryan" in space because they can't have Darth Vader killing everyone with screams of pain an agony and then expect kids not to run from him at their Disneyland Park. Think of the children

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >