Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Assassin's Creed III for Free

The UBI30 page on the Ubisoft Club now offers the promised free copy of Assassin's Creed III for anyone with a Ubisoft Account. This caps off the release of seven games for free to celebrate their 30th anniversary. Word is: "To celebrate Ubisoft's 30th anniversary, The Ubisoft Club is offering you seven digital PC games. Every month a new game will be revealed and free to download. Then it is yours to keep! Hurry up, the game is available for a limited time. Just register here with your Ubisoft account." Here's word on the game:
Created in Ubisoft Montreal, Assassinís Creed is Ubisoftís biggest franchise ever.

Revealed at E3 2006, Assassinís Creed puts the audience in the middle of an ancient war between two age old factions: the Assassins, who fight to protect free and the Templars, who aspire to impose a New World Order.

Throughout history, these two groups have been fighting for the fate of humanity. In the Present, the Templars are close to realizing their dream of dominion by using ancient artifacts known collectively as Pieces of Eden. Among other things, these artifacts have the power to influence the human mind and control the masses.

With the development of the Animus, a device that allows for the projection of genetic memories buried deep within a subjectís DNA, Abstergo Industries óa Templar frontóhas been abducting people in the hopes of locating these lost artifacts.

From Italian Renaissance to the Russian Revolution, the player meets real historical heroes, take part to event and shapes its own destiny. From one episode to the other, the creative teams have constantly added new layers of interactions and new gameplays making each world deeper and more fascinating.

Today we offer you the Assassinís Creed III, the game where as a Native American assassin, you experience the truth behind the most gruesome war in history: the American Revolution.
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 8, 2016, 14:24 Ecthelion

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 10:44:
Numinar wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 18:00:
I know everyone hates it

I didn't hate it. It probably still has the most beautiful world of any AC, and the best feel of any AC after AC2. It's just that there was so much extraneous crap in this game that it got overwhelming. And throughout all the story missions, the one thing you rarely do is actually assassinate someone. I think there are maybe 2 or 3 pure assassination missions, and that's it. The rest is all "watch the founding fathers sign the declaration of independence." and "watch Paul Revere's ride." and "watch literally every other cool thing from history."

It feels as if it should be called Spectator's Creed at times.

That said, the story is still pretty dang good, the world is gorgeous, the ship battles are awesome (though not as good as in Black Flag), the hunting is cool, it's a ton of fun to explore, and it just looks and feels so pretty and immersive.

All in all, people would be nuts not to snap this up for free.
That's a good point about being a spectator to history. It does seem that Ubisoft wanted to expand the franchise starting with 3, and then having 4 barely be an AC game at all, since it's more about being a pirate.

I haven't played Syndicate yet, but from my memory, AC1, 2 (and maybe some of the other Ezio games), and Unity all focused on the Assassins much more than 3 and 4.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 8, 2016, 11:29 MajorD

I had to use IE-11 in order to successfully login in, and the game is still available for free.

Still counting...

19. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 8, 2016, 10:44 Creston

I know everyone hates it

I didn't hate it. It probably still has the most beautiful world of any AC, and the best feel of any AC after AC2. It's just that there was so much extraneous crap in this game that it got overwhelming. And throughout all the story missions, the one thing you rarely do is actually assassinate someone. I think there are maybe 2 or 3 pure assassination missions, and that's it. The rest is all "watch the founding fathers sign the declaration of independence." and "watch Paul Revere's ride." and "watch literally every other cool thing from history."

It feels as if it should be called Spectator's Creed at times.

That said, the story is still pretty dang good, the world is gorgeous, the ship battles are awesome (though not as good as in Black Flag), the hunting is cool, it's a ton of fun to explore, and it just looks and feels so pretty and immersive.

All in all, people would be nuts not to snap this up for free.

18. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 8, 2016, 09:20 Undocumented Alien

Is this offer already expired? I don't see it available for download through the app or web.

Disregard... need to follow directions better...

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2016, 11:06.

17. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 8, 2016, 01:00 J

It worked fine for me just now, at this anti-social hour.  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

16. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 21:25 Ant

Bleeder wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 21:18:
For anyone still trying to login, I had to use Chrome. It even worked with uBlock Origin still enabled.
Wtf? We can't use Firefox, SeaMonkey, IE11, etc.? Stupid.

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

15. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 21:18 Bleeder

For anyone still trying to login, I had to use Chrome. It even worked with uBlock Origin still enabled.  

14. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 20:28 Ecthelion

Along with 1,2 and Syndicate this is one of the ones I actually finished.

I know everyone hates it, maybe I'm distant enough from the culture not to get offended by any of it but I got a real Last of the Mohicans vibe from it and no other game has really done that so props to them.

I probably spent the most time in Black Flag, but enjoy pirating more than finishing missions so still not done despite probably 100 hours over two platforms.
Ditto, Blag Flag is my favorite recently but I really liked AC3 for the same reason you mentioned.

13. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 19:22 Leper

Don't think I ever finished 3, but playing Rogue now and enjoying it. Rogue plays like 4 in the setting of which is interesting IMO. I'm going to have to pick up Unity next!  

12. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 19:16 DarkCntry

JayDeath wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 15:15:
Why bother buying any of these AC titles? The pattern seems to be that these games will be made free to us in a few years. I can wait.

Why bother buying anything when they have the possible ability to be released sometime in the future for free?

11. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 18:53 BIGtrouble77

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:30:
This release reminds me, I need to finish Black Flag. I get soo sidetracked in those open world games, running around pushing guards off the roof or other non-plot nonsense.
My 7 year old beat the main quest 3 times in the past year. I have no idea how he got so good at this game... I think one of his saves is up to 99% complete... not sure what he got stuck on.

10. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 18:00 Numinar

Along with 1,2 and Syndicate this is one of the ones I actually finished.

I know everyone hates it, maybe I'm distant enough from the culture not to get offended by any of it but I got a real Last of the Mohicans vibe from it and no other game has really done that so props to them.

I probably spent the most time in Black Flag, but enjoy pirating more than finishing missions so still not done despite probably 100 hours over two platforms.

9. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 17:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice, I'm up to 18 games in Uplay, of which I've actually bought...4? All on ridiculous discounts too.

I did have to update Uplay a couple of times before though.

Ubisoft is at least being pretty generous with their older titles, although Uplay is still far more annoying(due to the update procedure mainly) than Steam or Origin at this point.

This release reminds me, I need to finish Black Flag. I get soo sidetracked in those open world games, running around pushing guards off the roof or other non-plot nonsense.

8. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 17:16 Ant

I can't get it too even after changing my password!  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

7. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 15:20 Cutter

JayDeath wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 15:15:
Why bother buying any of these AC titles? The pattern seems to be that these games will be made free to us in a few years. I can wait.

This one you could have waited for. Blag Flag however was worth the price of admission. I still like 2 and Brohood the best however.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

6. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 15:15 JayDeath

Steam: BenRichards

5. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 14:50 J

ah, Ubisoft's server of doom. Whenever interest piques, you pack in. I can't even get a game for free today. A few times I've had trouble simply logging in. Part of me wants to get Watch_Dogs 2, but I don't want any of that infamous Ubiserver crap.  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

4. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 13:27 SiliconJesus

Can't login all morning (tried to sign up for the beta for Ghost Recon)  

3. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 13:13 ItBurn

Works for me.  

2. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Dec 7, 2016, 12:33 MajorD

jamiedj99 wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 12:24:
that if you can login and get it lol

Yeah, I can't log in yet either.

Still counting...

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >