Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 8, 2016, 08:40 Numinar

Don't worry, once election season comes around again I'm sure Drumpf will let everyone have their fake news again. He has realised It's great for getting elected but useless for governing and that is a good thing.

Although who gets to decide what "fake news" is? I can see how it could go bad. How about we go back to calling them baseless, egregious lies?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 20:29 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 19:00:
Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 11:25:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 11:01:
Timmeh wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:27:
After losing the popular vote, donny decides when it comes to fake news less is more.

I will accept that he lost the popular vote once all the libtard states are recounted and FORCED to only accept legal votes.

But lets say he did...

Those votes come from 31 counties with huge populations of completely BRAIN DEAD stupid people who love communism. so WHO CARES!

If we had voter ID laws nationwide, all states would have gone Republican!!1 It would have been 538 to 0 for Trump!~1. Millions of those cheating dems voted illegally!!1

Dude, stop feeding the trolls.

Do they feed upon mockery?

No, attention.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 20:09 Dacote

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 19:00:
After losing the popular vote, donny decides when it comes to fake news less is more.

I will accept that he lost the popular vote once all the libtard states are recounted and FORCED to only accept legal votes.

But lets say he did...

Those votes come from 31 counties with huge populations of completely BRAIN DEAD stupid people who love communism. so WHO CARES!

If we had voter ID laws nationwide, all states would have gone Republican!!1 It would have been 538 to 0 for Trump!~1. Millions of those cheating dems voted illegally!!1

Om nom nom, but cutter would know.

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 19:00 jdreyer

But lets say he did...

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 16:52 loomy

Timmeh wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:45:
Most of the news stories or non news stories about the Clintons murdering people, raping women and looting everything they can.. oh and selling out the country to every communist country on earth.. ie Russia and china are TRUE.

regardless of what the FAKE main stream communist propaganda outlets spew or more often IGNORE.

lol what the hell? everything you just said is wrong. you're delusional and should see a doctor immediately before you hurt someone

20. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 16:45 Zor

descender wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 14:37:
There is a gaping canyon-sized difference between ignoring someone for holding different ideals and ignoring them for spreading blatantly false information. There are a small pile of posters here who have never seen a headline on Infowars they didn't like. Ignoring them isn't closing off my world view, it is improving it.

There is nothing inherently shitty about "talking politics". It only becomes a problem when people try to argue that their feelings are more important than facts. When you don't have facts to back up your arguments then you get cornered and essentially have to resort to getting emotional and irrational in the discussion.
Best comment on this site, ever. Thumbsup

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 16:18 Verno

Fion wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:34:
If netflix' movie selection is mediocre. Amazon Prime's is downright terrible. Only movies you can find on there that don't come with an added price tag are last years AAA flops & b-movies from the '2/$5' bin.

Yeah Prime movie selection leaves a lot to be desired but they do ok with their originals. Netflix I used to love browsing the movie library but the quality just isn't there anymore. I have a huge NAS setup so I'm pondering just canceling Netflix anyway. It's a great value...if you use it and I don't tend to use it much these days outside of just playing some 4k content.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 14:37 descender

There is a gaping canyon-sized difference between ignoring someone for holding different ideals and ignoring them for spreading blatantly false information. There are a small pile of posters here who have never seen a headline on Infowars they didn't like. Ignoring them isn't closing off my world view, it is improving it.

There is nothing inherently shitty about "talking politics". It only becomes a problem when people try to argue that their feelings are more important than facts. When you don't have facts to back up your arguments then you get cornered and essentially have to resort to getting emotional and irrational in the discussion.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 14:13 RedEye9

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 13:59:
Most of the news stories or non news stories about the Clintons murdering people, raping women and looting everything they can.. oh and selling out the country to every communist country on earth.. ie Russia and china are TRUE.

regardless of what the FAKE main stream communist propaganda outlets spew or more often IGNORE.

Would you believe me if I told you that Russia hasn't been a communist country since 1992? What about if I told you that China is has one of the biggest export rates in the world? (pssst. don't tell the chinese!) What if I told you the Earth was round? Crazy! Right?!
What are your round earth sources for this blasphemy. Next you'll be posting that dinosaur fossils are only 3000 years old.

PS
It's ok to put crazy people on your ignore list. I'm pretty sure nin is not narrowing his echo chamber by doing it.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 13:59 VaranDragon

Would you believe me if I told you that Russia hasn't been a communist country since 1992? What about if I told you that China is has one of the biggest export rates in the world? (pssst. don't tell the chinese!) What if I told you the Earth was round? Crazy! Right?!

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 13:22 Verno

nin wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:53:
The good thing about this is all the kooks out themselves, and you know who to ignore in the future!

There's always personality conflict but I try not to do this as much as possible. I think I've got maybe 5 people on there tops and its mostly from trolling or personality differences that I couldn't resolve. The echo chamber crap is a big part of what divides people. I've noticed you especially like to crow about your ignore list but you're just reinforcing your own opinions in a very shallow way by ignoring people the second they post something that doesn't jive with your world view. IMO that sort of stuff plays into the shitty kind of politics and debate we're seeing these days. If these topics are so bad then why keep perusing them?

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2016, 13:28.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 11:42 Dacote

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 11:33:
If there was only a single, solitary thing that this election taught me was just how fucked this country, the US, is. I mean, I knew it was seriously fucked before but now it's "DVDA at plaid speed" fucked.

You want to elect a businessman? Fine. History is littered with such attempts and about two of them were not corrupt. How about electing a businessperson with actual business experience instead of say, I don't know, someone propped up by their daddy whose only success is managing a brand.
+1

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 11:33 Burrito of Peace

If there was only a single, solitary thing that this election taught me was just how fucked this country, the US, is. I mean, I knew it was seriously fucked before but now it's "DVDA at plaid speed" fucked.

You want to elect a businessman? Fine. History is littered with such attempts and about two of them were not corrupt. How about electing a businessperson with actual business experience instead of say, I don't know, someone propped up by their daddy whose only success is managing a brand.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 11:25 Cutter

But lets say he did...

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 11:01 jdreyer

But lets say he did...

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2016, 11:14.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 10:59 RedEye9

nin wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:53:
The good thing about this is all the kooks out themselves, and you know who to ignore in the future!

No shit, it's like a magnet for the mentally ill. yowza

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 10:58 jdreyer

Don't forget that Hillary is a child pr0n addict, and runs a pedo child slavery ring out of a pizza joint in DC! This guy almost busted it wide open before the corrupt police arrested him. True story!!1 #pizzagate

Also, if that guy'd been black, he'd be dead.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 10:56 panbient

How does that change the fact that someone with a link to the new POTUS pushed the idea that a pizza place was a front for a child prostitution ring because 'pizza party' HAD to mean more than just 'pizza party' in DNC emails.

Because no self-respecting adult likes pizza and / or parties am I right? They MUST be diddling kids! Yeah that's a sensible conclusion. For sure.

And after an apparently very well-meaning yet horrifically stupid person walked into that family restaurant with an assault rifle and proved that - holy crap it's just a pizza place - this jackass doubled down on the conspiracy.

And you're trying to spin this into what now?

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 10:53 nin

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 10:47 Timmeh

But lets say he did...

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >